Africa Guide
recommended trip :

don't look forward to hairy apes....

travel to Johannesburg
October 31, 2007 03:10AM
By PEGGY49
I would love to travel to Johannesburg to visit the school that Oprah began. I watched her show and was very impressed. However, this is also a dream that I have to visit this country and get to know it. What are some of the things I could love forward and not look forward to?
 Reply  Quote

don't look forward to hairy apes....
November 06, 2007 05:34AM
It is all interesting, just remember to keep an open mind- if you are a Yank,it is 'foreign' except the red dirt is like the deep south, and scenery is like New Mexico in places. brits have more in common, driving, plumbing! meal style and such. No less safe than any rough nieghborhood anywhere, just- really spread out- Jo'burg goes on for miles and miles. The countrside is/was awhile ago, surprising safe. As for 'my' concerns? Believe it or not, baboons. Little rotten so and so's. Don't trust 'em, they might look cute but....steal,snap at you like a mad dog, chase ya, wreck your car, terrible. As for people, to get on ANYONE'S good side- not a bribe..but a favor? big tips? new freind's you didn't expect to bring a gif for?...a pack of marlboro cigarettes. Get atleast a couple cartons at the duty free leaving home. As a Yank, I found on my 1st 'adventure' 20 years ago, and my trips to SA, clean crisp one dollar bills, for kids(not all of them!), waitresses, etc. This will brighten these people's lives for years. I met people a second time, and the dollar was framed with the family photos, seriously, nevermind what the do gooders say, just try it. makes everyone feel good. You will have a great time I'm sure- just stay alert. don't worry,have a great time--Tony
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map