Africa Guide
recommended trip :

life in Botswana

Hi I'm an English female and moving to Gabarone for a short while and would really appreciate some advise. Here are some of my questions: 1) Can anyone advise on cost of living - mainly eating out, food, taxis etc. 2)Also safety walking around day/night. Is it ok? Are there areas to avoid 3)Social life, entertainment, making new friends 4)Church - I would like to find a Christian church while I am over 5)Shopping - I have no idea if I can buy the things I can get back home - are these widely available English books, sun tan lotion, and what price are they? 6) any other tips welcome
 Reply  Quote

moving to gaborone
August 23, 2007 06:30AM
By kwalels
LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-07 AT 07:47 AM (GMT)

Taxis are as cheap as less than $1 ,houses nice one is going for 1500 pula that's like $200..well am a kenyan but i am living in Botswana Gaborone a the momemnt.. live is not very expensive here,food and other things are starndard..about security,you can work at any time you feel like the streets are not full as as any other cities there is enough space ..friends you will get since people here are friendly.. plenty of churches
 Reply  Quote

life in Botswana
September 26, 2007 01:03PM
Anonymous User
Dumelang(is Hey in English)Botswana is a nice place to visit and to stay in, people are friendly,nice,cultured.The cost of living is average taxis fees P2.50(less than $1),resturants $5. Whole of gaborone is safe because there are partrol officers 24hr,there are many nightclubs in the city, visit game reserves,monuments,culturalsites ,cinemas,live poetry etc.varies churches;Bible life,Roman catholic and there are variety of shops to choose from. Pliz send an email when you are coming.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map