Africa Guide
recommended trip :

welcome

relocating to Botswana
January 07, 2007 03:41PM
By Fortune
Hi, I and my wife are both medical doctors and we are looking at relocating to Botswana. Can any one offer any assistance in getting employment there?.What do we need to do for a stress free move?
 Reply  Quote

relocating to Botswana
January 08, 2007 02:28PM
hiya! i just came back from my honeymoon in Botswana. i'm actually from there but live in the UK as i'm married to an English man. it was his first time there and he absolutely loved it, to the point whee we too intend to move there inside of 12months or so. so i'd say good luck, and without sounding biased, i believe you'll enjoy it. not many people go there and come back the same!

anyway, on the job front, i think you'd be best placed to get the local publications and look for jobs there. you can try accessing them on the internet, but i've found it frustrating to view jobs online and plan to subscribe to a couple instead.

2 of the major ones are The Guardian and Mmegi, and i've also been advised to try the South African Mail & Guardian as it sometimes carries Botswana jobs.

you might also look on the www.festusmogae.com website or just tap in Botswana government on the internet, and look for the Ministry of Health. Gaborone Private Hospital is another one you could browse, although i don't know if they have a website.

spoke to the Botswana Embassy in London recently seeking guidance on moving to Botswana, and they told me that the hardest thing would probably be finding a job. otherwise putting paperwork together i.e visas is relatively easy.

hope my advice will be of help, and wish you all the best!
 Reply  Quote

welcome
January 08, 2007 04:26PM
>hiya! i just came back from my
>honeymoon in Botswana. i'm actually from
>there but live in the UK
>as i'm married to an English
>man. it was his first time
>there and he absolutely loved it,
>to the point whee we too
>intend to move there inside of
>12months or so. so i'd say
>good luck, and without sounding biased,
>i believe you'll enjoy it. not
>many people go there and come
>back the same!
>anyway, on the job front, i think
>you'd be best placed to get
>the local publications and look for
>jobs there. you can try accessing
>them on the internet, but i've
>found it frustrating to view jobs
>online and plan to subscribe to
>a couple instead.
>2 of the major ones are The
>Guardian and Mmegi, and i've also
>been advised to try the South
>African Mail & Guardian as it
>sometimes carries Botswana jobs.
>you might also look on the www.festusmogae.com
>website or just tap in Botswana
>government on the internet, and look
>for the Ministry of Health. Gaborone
>Private Hospital is another one you
>could browse, although i don't know
>if they have a website.
>spoke to the Botswana Embassy in London
>recently seeking guidance on moving to
>Botswana, and they told me that
>the hardest thing would probably be
>finding a job. otherwise putting paperwork
>together i.e visas is relatively easy.
>
>hope my advice will be of help,
>and wish you all the best!
>

Botswana is a nice country to work and to stay,what you have to do is to post a publication on the their local newspapers n i assure you that i will hook somewhere.
 Reply  Quote

relocate to botswana
January 09, 2007 08:25PM
By huub
visit the web site from Relocations Botswana: www.customized.co.bw/relocate . They might be of assistance to you.

Huub
 Reply  Quote

employment
February 21, 2007 09:13AM
By Paris
I am a motswana leaaving in gaborone the capital city.I have helped a friend of mine from tanzania.All you need i to apply for practise license with the ministry of health, Our government is in need of medical doctors.
 Reply  Quote

Re: employment
May 08, 2013 07:47PM
By piankhy
Hiya.
Im african graduated and registered as MD in europe but im really interested to practice in Southern Africa , Botswana ....
how can i apply for a job in there?

could you assist me?
 Reply  Quote

relocating to Botswana
February 12, 2008 10:03AM
Hi,

I am an IT professional currently located in New Zealand (originally from the UK). I am planning to relocate to Botswana with my wife and family as soon as I can find work.

Has anyone any suggestions where I should start? Has anything changed since Lushangie helped the doctor couple a year ago? Is it easy to find IT work in Botswana? What are the best places to look for IT work?

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you can provide.

Kind regards,
Jon
 Reply  Quote

Botswana living Cost
April 30, 2008 08:38AM
Hi i am an 25 years old bachelor indian.
Got a Software Engineer Job in Botawana.
In three weeks i am moving to Bots.
Please let me know Living Cost

Rice,
Cooking oil,
Meet,
Internet,
Water Facilities
Weather.

Please Help me..
 Reply  Quote

hey mohummed
May 12, 2008 10:08PM
I am interested in the answer you get.I am looking to move back to Botswana where I am originally from, and I have lost touch with the cost there.

However food is expensive as the country follows market prices and imports from SA a lot.The weather is hot, very hot in summer, very cold nights in winter.

Lets just say its one of the richer counrties of Africa and there is a big indian community over there, so you will be fine.

The internet is a luxury though
 Reply  Quote

Gaborone
May 30, 2008 02:29PM
Hi
I am Software Engg..
I got change in Goborone there are giving P5000
and i have some doubt about country

How is living cost there?
How is eniviroment ?

Regards
Suman
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Botswana
June 09, 2008 02:07PM
By can43
I was in Botswana for 3 weeks in May, and absolutely love it. I would appreciate if someone could direct me to job opportunties there, as I am thinking of moving there. I have 10+ years working experience in Canada.
 Reply  Quote

Re: relocating to Botswana/ emploment
September 20, 2013 11:30PM
By adebisi
Please kindly help me on rellocating and and getting job in botswana. Sales, distributions, hotels and restaurants job in botswana will be acceptable. Thanks you as I await your responses.
 Reply  Quote

Re: relocating to Botswana
September 20, 2013 11:37PM
By adebisi
Please what is the currency in use in botswana and what are the exchange rate equivallent of botswana currency to a us dollar or british pound. Thank you.
 Reply  Quote

Re: relocating to Botswana
March 13, 2014 12:18AM
I would like to relocate to Botswana,I have a Bsc Honours in Human Resource Management from Zimbabwe and my fiance has a Bachelor of accounting Science degree from South Africa.We would like to be connected to anyone who can assist us in securing jobs or any agencies that can place us for vacancies as we are not aware of how to go about the whole application process
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map