Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Parents moving from India to Botswa...

Parents moving from India to Botswana
August 03, 2006 12:04PM
By anisa
My parents are moving to Botswana for 2 years and I am concerned for my mother who doesnot speak English but only knows Hindi, Indian language.
Are there lot of Indians there so that she can mingle socially? Are there enough Indian grocery store there?

Will she have lot of problem if she doesnot know English?

Please advice

Thanks
 Reply  Quote

moving to Botswana
March 09, 2007 11:06PM
Hi!
Do not worry your mother will be fine. there are a lot of hindi people who also come from India there!
 Reply  Quote

Parents moving from India to Botswana
April 01, 2007 09:31PM
By Chaka
I'd encourage her to mingle with the locals more. When in Botswana, monkey see monkey do and she should be fine. Food should never be a concern for obvious reasons.
 Reply  Quote

Batswana are generally respectful and tolerant of other people. There are many people in Botswana speaking other different languages. Setswana is very easy to learn. Your mother will have a lot of your country fokls in Botswana.
mothusi
www.mothusi.com
 Reply  Quote

relocating to Bots from Canada
December 12, 2007 10:40PM
Hi Anisa;
Have ur parents already moved to Bots? Pls. could u send some info regarding my employment/work permit/shared accomodation(low cost)etc. as I intend to go Gabs shortly.I loved Africa.I .m a Canadian graduate engineer having more than 15 yrs. exp.
Any tips regarding this would be highly appreciated. Even if i get a tel.# and addresses,it would be easier to me to find the proper thing.
Hope to hear from u soon.
Thanks lot.
Zul
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map