Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: New Medical University in Africa : Need Opinions

Hello Readers ,
We are looking forward to establish a Medical University in Africa .

For the increasing need for medical personel , and increasing health cricis , we have planned to come up with a Medical University in Africa .

plans and surverys for the above mentioned project is under progress .

This is an International Community Welfare project ,and so is open equally to africans and non-african citizens .

Why Africa ?? - because the helpless poor sick people in africa should be given a helping hand

Hence we would also like to hear from people about their views , ideas , advices , opinions and experiences regarding the success/failure in establishment of a Medical University in Africa .

Any of you Ladies & gentlemen , if you had been in more than 1 country in africa , pls help in giving your opinion poll .

pls comment on the following.

1: Is there a need for a New Medical University in africa ?

2: Which Country Governments in africa are friendly for such a project .

3: countries connected reasonablly by airlines , and roadways and less cost of life.

4: what are the practical problems in establishing a development project in africa ??

5: Recommend some country in Africa which makes a good place for young people in Medical training in aspects of English profeciency, Hospitile culture, weather , Entertainment , Low crime,

pls feel free to comment on the requested project.

All comments will be appreciated . people with productive ideas will be considered for the making of this Medical University .

thank you all .

regards ,
Dr. Karl.
 Reply  Quote

Medicall university
November 19, 2006 07:48PM
By metking
Hey Guyz,

That is a wonderful thing you are doing trying to have a medical university in Africa. I would think it is the most nobel thing anyone could ever do.
Am originally from Africa but based in california currently. Have you considered what countries you want to have the university in?
How about Uganda? The people there are smart, English is the official language, it is by the source of the nile and bordered by lands that would appreciate the service of a medical university, ie, Rwanda, D.R. Congo, Sudan,Kemya and Tanzania. So think about it and see if it is a place you could consider doing that work in.
Am traveling to Uganda in december for a month and if anyone wants to come with me, you are more than welcome.
 Reply  Quote

Medical University In Africa
November 20, 2006 12:49PM
By Skido25

Yes,there is a great need for a new medical university in Africa.Africa as a continent is faced with an enormous problem in the health sector of it`s inhabitants thus the need for a new medical university to train professionals in the medical sector connot be over-emphasised.
I recomend his excellency John Agyekum Kuffour The President of The Republic of Ghana
I think Ghana is geographically strategised for this project.Ghana has an intertional airpot known as the KOTOKA intertional airport.Apart from this, it has other national airports.She also has very good road networks linking all her ten capitals thus making it very easy to move from one capital to the other.The cost of life is low.Ghana has numerous raw materials like cocoa, bauxite, daimond, gold etc these raw materials are exported to generate foriegn exchange.This inturn is used to take care of the needs of the people like the provision of good roads,good hospitals and other indispensable amenities thus making the cost of living low.
Some of the practical problwms are unstable potical systems and lack of economic resources
Ghana,SouthAfrica,Togo,Kenya,etc
 Reply  Quote

great chances in Uganda
December 08, 2006 03:36PM
this is so noble...Ihad this feelign that Uganda deserves this project more than other African Countries....please can we work out something more seriosu?
my mobile is +256712666655..
thanks alot for your contact....
 Reply  Quote

A noble cause
December 19, 2006 11:35AM
Hi,
Trust a medical University is the best thing to happen to any African country at the moment. Your effort to establish such is a very noble cause that most African governments would support.

Thought a number of coutries like Sudan, Somalia, Chad, DRC and Central African Republic which have wasted most of valuable time in conflicts and wars were the perfect candidates for such initiative but owing to their instability at the moment one has to think twice before considering such a move.

On the other, hand perfect candidates for such an initiative at the moment are Kenya and Ghana.
Kenya has an outstanding record of political stability of over 40years. Infact its one of the few african countries which has condusive environment for foreign investment owing to government support.

I would strongly recomend Kenya for a medical University because besides the peace and stability, its a uniquely beautifull country with very friendly people.

If you need more bout any plans can contact me on 254720810687
Thanks
Job
 Reply  Quote

thank you
January 14, 2007 04:56PM
thank you all for your valuble suggestions ,
Will direct our actions accordingly ,

Regards ,
Dr Karl Prem
 Reply  Quote

About the Medical university in Africa
August 23, 2008 12:43PM
By Ana09
Hey there...I'm studing in medical high school in my town(Prilep-Macedonia)...i was searching for medical universities in Africa and i saw your web site...I really want to say that it is a great idea to establish a medical university in Africa becouse it would be very, very useful and considerable.It would be good and i think that people would be interested to study there and obtain knowledge.Africa is my favourite continent although i haven't been there, but I'm happy to hear that exist attempt to establish medical university in Africa and that will be a topping achievement...Good luck
p.s.I might have that opportunity to study theresmiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

Hi
August 25, 2008 12:51PM
By Milos
Hi there i accidentally stumbled upon your web site while i was searching universities where i might continue my education. Ok so first i want to say how good the idea is, because not only will enable people from Africa to study but it will also attract young people from all over the world to study and continue their carrier in a place where medical personal and medical help is extremely needed. The need of native people that know the situation in Africa and know the people that live there i very high because in some regions the only medical attention that people can get is from the European voluntary actions and to be honest that's not nearly enough. So all in all the idea is great. Keep the good work up and hope that the project can and will be accomplished.
 Reply  Quote

medical university
August 25, 2008 05:57PM
Anonymous User
feel free to contact me via the e-mail link,as me and my wife who is a medical docter has already done some homework on a similat project and can share maybe information with you and your organization.

we are based in Namibia.
 Reply  Quote

if you wouldnt mind ,i think Nigeria is the best place for the university official language is english and its the giant of Africa with every facilities you will need
i can help with every necesary informations and papers youll need .you can contact me through my E-Mail link
 Reply  Quote

It is indeed a brilliant idea to establish a new medical university in Africa. This is the hope of the next generation. It is the doctors of tomorrow who would contribute the country's health services. There are a large number of medical universities in most countries in africa and many are competing with the other universities in the other continents. Every country in Africa may be enjoying with medical doctors with different specialties and has no worries over their health any more.
But there are countries in africa that have no effective medical universities and this new medical university may be of great hope for them. You may wonder which country in africa may not have a medical university. There is nothing that should make you ponder. It is SOMALIA, a country ravaged by wars. One may be skeptical about establishing a University in SOMALIA, a place where people are being killed continously.
yes there are wars in this country but there in the northern part of somalia, there is a country called SOMALILAND, which is not recognized. It is peaceful place and democracy is rampant. Those people in this country deserve to get attention and need to get better health service but most of them don't. there is medical University called Amoud Medical school in the city of Borama which is not well advanced but contributes to the health of the country. There are three groups who graduated from this university since its inception and those doctors contribute largely into the country's health services.

Therefore, strengthining this university and contributing to improve this growing medical university will be a great help.

Amoud Medical graduate
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map