Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Training and Teaching in Kenya

Hi, everyone! I would like to hear from anybody who knows anything about the high altitude running camps in these areas ie costs, can anyone stay, getting there etc. I'd also like to hear from any local runners for friendship. I'd like to spend some time in Kenya training maybe 1 or 2 months possibly in July or August. I'm 32 year old male from Manchester, England. Send me an Email. Thanks.
 Reply  Quote

iten eldoret
June 23, 2005 12:49PM
By kwalel
hi infact i come from Eldoret and i know of someone to who can assist you..pliz mail me
 Reply  Quote

running camps
July 14, 2005 08:50AM
hi Cas,
I am 35 old male from switzerland and I have the same ideas about spending time in Africa then you.
I am looking for informations about Kenya and running camps, too.
I want to spend time in the hihglands from oktober 2005 till march 2006. I am looking for a camp and a coach.
Are you now arleady in Kenya or staying in Manchester?
Please answer to my e-mail adress with subject"running camp kenya".
I would be nice to get your answer.
Thanks.
Thomas
 Reply  Quote

running camps
July 14, 2005 09:01AM
Hi kwalel
3 weeks ago i met a nice and friendly runner from kenya. His name ich Dereje. We talked a lot about running and possibilty for me to come to kenya to spend my time for a good trainingseason. To become better in running.
Dereje went after his time in St. Moritz(Switzerland)to London for the 10K race. But in the meantime , I habe no kontakt to him.

It would be great, when I could come in oktober 2005 to Iten/Eldoret for a long time.
Is it possible, to do training in a runnerscamp and find a coach for me?
Please help me? Thanks a lot!
 Reply  Quote

Hi,
I am Thomas from Switzerland. My favorit sport, my passion is mountain running and marathon.
I often spend my time in high altitude here in Switzerland.
Some weeks ago , I stopped my job, to do more training, to be better, to spend time in the swiss mountains for training.
In Oktober, after my marathon, I want to come to Kenya, to spend a long time there and get better in Marathon.
I am looking for people, who can help me...(Kontakt people, running camp, marathoncoach...)
Thanks
Thomas
 Reply  Quote

running camps in high altitude
July 14, 2005 10:45AM
By cas
Hi, Thomas its cas email me m.cassidy47@ntlworld.com I'm having problems emailing you through this site!
 Reply  Quote

Running camps
July 16, 2005 05:40AM
Anonymous User
Hi am Johnson and am based here in Eldoret, This is where most of the best runners come for training, Here we have two arternative training tracks one is an enclosed stadium and the other one is an open track with all the effects of wind,here you will find most of the coaches the likes of Mike Kosgei(Kenya's head coach), Yobes Odiek,Paul Ereng and many more, Need more infore drop me aline, Cheers, Jeff
 Reply  Quote

TRAINING CAMPS
July 16, 2005 06:19AM
Anonymous User
Hello Here in Eldoret we have enough traing camps and there is the stadium for speed works and for those who cannot afford to hire a coach, There is the Kipchoge stadium where you will find the best coaches like Mike Kosgei (Kenya's head coach), Yobes Odiek, Paul Ereng from high attitude training camp, and many more most come to scout for potential runners, There is another hard murram track at chepkoilel campus its an open track with all the wind effect good for speed works too, Here you will find established runners like Abraham Chebii,the ones who are training in private, If you need more drop me aline,Cheers, Jeff
 Reply  Quote

Ready to Assist in the placement
September 16, 2005 05:10PM
LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-05 AT 06:12 PM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-05 AT 06:11 PM (GMT)

I'm a student doing a project on mapping athletics camps in kenyan high altitude areas and later building a GIS database of Kenya great runners.
Iten is the most suitable because of availability of accomodation.
If interested can contact me,we'll be able to Join many runners crisscrossing this marvelous terrain of about 8000-9000 feets above the sea level.I'll assist you to build good relationship with most great runners that i've interviewed.
I'll teach the local lagguage and explain the kalenjin naming system.
Dont forget the GPS as it will assist in this adventure.
 Reply  Quote

Young distance runners
October 11, 2005 11:43AM
By gharris
Are there camps for young (14 year old boys)distance runners who are working to significantly improve their times to receive offers for college scholarships? If so, what accomodations could be made for a parent who wanted to stay in the area? What does the camp offer in terms of training, facilities, lodging, etc? Thanks.
Gharris
 Reply  Quote

Training Eldoret
December 12, 2005 08:19PM
By klavery
We are planning on spending 3 to 4 weeks at the Kip Keino facility with our two girls aged 16 & 17 in August 2005. I would love to hear from someone who has spent time there training or just hanging out.
 Reply  Quote

RE:Ready to Assist in the placement
March 26, 2006 03:59AM
Anonymous User
You certainly can help.Please send me full details about how you could link me up with your race training camps there in Kenya.

mr_marathon
 Reply  Quote

Running Programs
May 08, 2006 06:54PM
By robbi
Jeff,

I am trying to find a 4 to 6 week running program for my 16 yr. old son in Kenya for the summer. Do you have any suggestions on where to begin?

Robbi
 Reply  Quote

May 08, 2006 06:56PM
By robbi
Gharris,

I have the same question - did you receive any response to your e-mail above. I have a 16 year old that I would like to enroll in a program this summer in Kenya.

Robbi
 Reply  Quote

Training camps
August 01, 2006 04:36PM
By Laurun
Hi. I just returned from Kijabe area and met an up and coming Kenyan runner who I am going to help support. He would like to attend Dry's Training Camp (behind Tiborua) and I was trying to find some information about it. Do you know anything about this camp?
 Reply  Quote

training in Kenya
October 05, 2006 04:41PM
Mr. Johnson,
I noticed this email from you. I realize it is dated, but hoped to contact you. I am a post-collegiate runner, and am interested in training in Kenya. I am trying to find a volunteer/service project to be a part of, in exchange for housing, and am willing to pay some fee. Do you know of some way I can be involved with the local community while training in Eldoret? I have much work experience with both ecology and being a nurse's assistant. I am used to working with people, children to adult. I have both outdoors experience, and working in a hospital setting providing direct patient care and leading psychiatric group therapy and activities. Please inform me if you know how I could become involved in Eldoret for either a short or long-term period. Please email me at the address noted.
I can email my resume if you would like.
Thank you,
Michelle Ziegler
 Reply  Quote

Mr. Johnson, Hello there!
well i work and live in Eldoret and i can help you look for a camp to train..well i have a friend of mine who owns a training camp here in Eldoret of about 20 Athletes which means you can train for free accomodation free so long as you pay something small for your food..
hope to hear from you soon
frank
 Reply  Quote

looking for a training camp
January 27, 2007 09:32AM
Hi, I am a sports massage therapist who is looking for a camp to work at. I am willing to reduce my rates to work and train here.
I`m hoping to come jan-march each year.

Leslie
 Reply  Quote

Training in Eldoret or Iten
March 22, 2007 10:07AM
Hi guys and gals,

I wonder if any body can help me? I'm looking to train at a camp in either Eldoret or Iten for 3 weeks in November or December. Please reply to me by email if you can advise how I can go about this?

Many thanks,
Dan
 Reply  Quote

training camp in eldoret
March 23, 2007 09:14AM
By kwalels
Hello there

if you mean it i can direct you to my friend a world champion runner in eldoret kenya he has also training camp at Iten.. am akenyan but now in Botswana

pliz you can mail me for more kwalel@yahoo.co.uk
my e mail mobile number..+267 72578002

frank
 Reply  Quote

running in kenya?
April 04, 2007 04:43PM
Why not cut it short search by contact some of our kenyas runners, it may be much easier for you, you could also benefit from some of their ideas on running around here! how about that? wish you the best!>Hi, everyone! I would like to hear
>from anybody who knows anything about
>the high altitude running camps in
>these areas ie costs, can anyone
>stay, getting there etc. I'd also
>like to hear from any local
>runners for friendship. I'd like to
>spend some time in Kenya training
>maybe 1 or 2 months possibly
>in July or August. I'm 32
>year old male from Manchester, England.
>Send me an Email. Thanks.
 Reply  Quote

More places to train in Kenya
July 21, 2007 01:09AM
I have read with interest about how many foreign individuals would like to train with the best of the best - the Kenyan runners. This is good for the world as a whole. Kenyan runners are good ambassadeurs to the world.

I would like to add to the many suggestions that have already been made that there are other areas in Kenya other than Iten and Eldoret where many other top Kenyan runners train. These other areas are right in Nairobi, Ngong Hills, Kisii Highlands, Cheptagat, Kericho and so no. They are not as crowded.

I suggest these other places. They are cheaper and offer just as good facilities as these two.

For those who want to train with the top Kenyans- chances are you may never really train with those stars as their training regimen is way too advanced for most people. You may do a single jog with them one day, but not if you plan on being there for weeks or months. This is why I suggest other camps with many hard training runners who might suit your needs best.

Send me an email for more directions to these other training places. I am a Kenyan coach/Agent who resides in the US/Kenya

>>Send me an Email. Thanks.

>
 Reply  Quote

Training
September 05, 2007 05:17PM
Hi-
I am 19 years old female from Kuwait looking for a camp to train at for at least 2 months. I was thinking Kenya or Ethiopia. I was woundering how I could go about finding one and do I need to bring my own coach with or will one be provided for me there and how much everything would cost. I hope to here from you soon. Thank you

Dana
 Reply  Quote

As per your message about training camp in Africa.. Kenya is the best place to train since it's an high Altitude place, you dont have to come with your coach since there're professional coaches there, and the camp you will choose will be inclusive coz they have their own coaches.. all you need is to to pay the accommodation and food fee only per day the rest is free.. i come from Kenya but now am in Botswana..you can contact me for more info @+26772578002
.. also i can direct you to world champion runners in kenya near my rural home Iten iten High Altitude or Eldoret
 Reply  Quote

PLEASE CALL ME
September 08, 2007 07:53AM
Anonymous User

I have someone in the USA who needs a Kenyan coach please call on 020 355 3533, Johnson
 Reply  Quote

PLEASE CALL ME
September 08, 2007 08:09AM
Anonymous User
PLEASE CALL ME
 Reply  Quote

RE ATHLETICS
October 16, 2007 12:58PM
By wachira
I am promoting athletics and have connections with athletes based in Nyahururu and Ngong which are not far from Nairobi.
If you want to arrange for training and camping with them email me.
 Reply  Quote

Training and Teaching in Kenya
May 18, 2008 09:53PM
By tristan
Hi there,

I am planning on coming to Kenya with a friend to train and teach English. I am not a super elite runner my PB is only 31:45 for 10km, but i was wondering if you could put me in touch with some training camps that cater to my running speed and a School that I could teach at.

Thanks for your time,

Tristan
 Reply  Quote

Training in Kenya
May 18, 2008 09:55PM
By tristan
Hello Frank,

I am a passionate long distance runner from Canada, British Columbia. I recently graduated from university and I am trying to find somewhere where i can run, train and teach English during August or September 2008. I have heard that St. Patrick's school is a highly recognized school and is where Brother Colm O'Connor teaches and coaches.

Thanks for your time,

Tristan Simpson
 Reply  Quote

Tanzania Running Camp
June 18, 2008 11:47PM
A Tanzanian running club, the Kilimanjaro Athletics Sports Club, located in Moshi, Tanzania, has a camp in August. See
www.kilimanjaroathletics.org.
 Reply  Quote

Running in Eldoret
September 17, 2008 01:16PM
Hi "kwalel"
I would like to ask you for help, can you please send some more info how to join running camp in Eldoret for a longer period of time. I would like to also be helpful with a little bit financial help for a camp trough contact of European running clubs where I am now, and also in Florida/USA. I am long distance runner and would like to improve my running and join Kenyans by running and promoting Camp between young runners in Europe and Florida.
Thanx
Ladi
 Reply  Quote

Altitude camp in Ethiopia
February 27, 2009 02:29PM
Hi all,

We recently opened a year-round training facility in Addis Ababa. Amazing trails, cross-country, mountain, and asphalt courses. One of the friendliest, safest, and most cosmopolitan cities in East Africa. Best of all: we are a non-profit organization with 90-95% of proceeds going directly toward assisting East African youth with running as an economic opportunity. By training with us you'll support a camp that is the year-round training home of many of the athletes.

www.runningacrossborders.org/TrainingInEthiopia.html
www.runningacrossborders.org/TrianingCamp.html

Cheers,
Garrett
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map