Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Building a School programme

Building a School programme
April 19, 2011 01:24AM
Africa won my heart many years ago and now i am embarking on a project that will give something back to the people that made me who i am now. My aim is to register as a charity and then raise enough cash in the UK to build a School in Africa. I want to twin this project with some schools in the UK and possibily develope it into a youth exchange programme. I hope that there are some people out there that can give me some advice, support and words of wisdom. Thankyou
Chris Aldridge
 Reply  Quote

That's a great idea Chris. Education in Africa should be top priority in my opinion. I live in South Africa, and even in an "established" country there are still kids that don't have easy access to education. I would start looking at the rural areas that need it most.

i did a quick search on google and found this website. [www.southafrica.info]

There are a few useful links in there that may be of use. Good luck with your project, After all, the ultimate purpose in life is to give, and you are doing exactly that. smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

August 05, 2011 11:30AM
Hello Discover Africa and to the rest of you. We are an international development charity working across the developing world and especially in Africa called Teach A Man To Fish. As we work in education we believe that the competition we currently have running will benefit educational programmes and give a great deal of recognition to institutions that do great work!

This competition is called the Pan African Awards and any school in an African nation can join, from Kindergarden to University. Please consider this initiative of ours as we truly believe it will benefit all schools that participate and their are substantial monetary prizes up for grabs.

We hope those interested get involved and that this contributes to your programme. smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

April 20, 2011 11:30AM
my name is patrick mwisua,.iam an african native, now iam staying in my lovely and peaceful country Tanzania,.i have same thoughts as you think..please i own a charity organisation and now iam building a school in Tabora region, please feel free to contact me ,we can share something in real,.here is my email, patrickmwisua@yahoo.com or call me at +255 757 74 50 65, i can be of help to your dream.
 Reply  Quote

May 14, 2011 03:39PM
My name is Edwin, a teacher graduate. and Tanzanian. as above go aheard and accomplish your desire. Tanzania might be the best to start with, though you might extend to other Africa Countries as the need is so big. In case of any support needed contact me: edwinssptr@gmail.com

Best regards

edwin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2011 03:40PM by emugisha.
 Reply  Quote

May 15, 2011 03:44PM
By arusha
Hi,chris m continued advising u on ur dream planing of building a school in one of the African country ur most wellcome to Arusha as the need of education is big in my country,
Best
Regards
Mr
Lomnyaki solomon laiser
Box,10981
ARUSHA-TANZANIA
 Reply  Quote

Thank you for your ideas. Well, there is a lot to do in this world but the most important is to start somewhere by doing something you can to bring the change in people's life. I am a woman, missionnary, working more for development and people people well-being. for longtime, I have been only someone who had good ideas, good projects for development but not "a doer". I am happy that I have changed. we do not need to be RICH to make the different and impact lives. I bought a plot in a village in the Center region of Togo. it is just a plot but it is the beginning of a huge project, which will bring a real change in life of people that are forgotten. I with my group are planning to build a school, trainning center with workshops (sewering, capentry,hairdressing etc...) an orphanage, a church; healthcare center for the villagers.
We need help from any person of goodwill; you can even visit us to be on the field with us.
We are also working with women, specially widows. Our aim is to help them reaching financial autonomy by doing revenue generating activities.

Here are our needs, just choose what you can afford in the list.Let 's build all together.

* School stuffs (pens, erasers, note books, books, children books, films for youth, cartoon, educational tools)
*Christian films,
*chairs and tables
*sewering machines
*Hair dryers
*single beds
*a projector
*a computer (lap top)
*a car (pick up)
*a bus
*4 motorbikes
*4 bicycles
*Used clothes (second hand clothes for children and youth)
*Any donation

My contact:
Email: laetirenew@yahoo.com
Missionnary Massan Amevor
New Generation for Development in Christ (NGDC)
+228 999 23 18
05 BP 551 Lome-TOGO
West Africa

Thank you
 Reply  Quote

June 22, 2011 01:44PM
Hi Chris,

Have you considered the location and community you would like to start this project in? I think you would need to partner with a private school or a run down education center. I have a few in mind that I can link you up with so that you can start the negotiations with. I think this would be the first step.

Anyway, let me know via email about it and I will send you the relevant information.

P/S: Am also doing something similar so I have a vast network that you can use to guide you to the proper project that will provide for you all the above that you just mentioned.

Cheers

Tom Liber

P
 Reply  Quote

June 26, 2011 02:49PM
By ignani
I was just browsing and happened to see this topic. Its really a good cause. If anybody needs help in training people in your schools through online education for free, let me know. I would be glad to help you out.

Good luck to all you guys.
 Reply  Quote

July 26, 2011 12:44PM
Hi Chris

Good idea - God bless and i wish you all the best.

I very marginalized area in Kenya Rift valley, Laikipia called Maundu Meri on your way to Malarel.

The children around there will appreciate your efforts.

Welcome to Kenya - Karibu Kenya
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map