Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Travelling from South Africa to Kenya?

I'm going to Africa for the summer. I'm starting off in South Africa and travelling up to kenya. I'm aiming to leave johannesburg after the world cup - around the 11th/12th of July and heading up to Niarobi, where I am planning a safari and kili climb. Flights between the two parts seem very expensive (even keeping the world cup in mind) and I'm wondering what would be the best way to travel? Seeing as my schedule is very flexible at the moment, I'm open to all ideas, be it by bus, boat, etc. Plus, it might give me the chance to see other great areas of africa. Any suggestions?!

Hey i have done botswana capital gaborone,zambia,tanzania n kenya eldoret town for 3days driving alone 3times .and by bus twice..it will cost u aprox $300 .take intacape bus from johanesburge city 2 gaborone botswana then from gaborone 2 luzaka zambia catch zambia botswana bus then from luzaka zambia take a bus to nakonde,tunduma tanzania border then from the take a express bus to nairobi kenya via daresalaam.welcome 2 kenya.frank
 Reply  Quote

I am not sure what to advise on the flying, but I can say Cape Town was beautiful when I spent 10 days there last October. Johannesburg, on the other hand, is simply a big city, with a deserved reputation for danger. Most people stay in the suburbs, but even there, despite my best efforts, I felt on edge.

Heathrow london
 Reply  Quote

you are saying from 11-12 july and its29th july today?
when do you want to travel?
 Reply  Quote

I did Gaborone, Botswana, Zambia, Tanzania town of Eldoret, Kenya 3 times driving alone. And bus twice, it would be very expensive.

timeshare values
 Reply  Quote

Re: Driving through Africa
October 09, 2011 01:33AM
Hi
My partner and I are planning on travelling through Africa in 2012. We would like to start off in South Africa and make our way to eithe Morocco or Egypt. Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated. Ideally we would like to be able to travel ourselves or with a group. We are not mechanically minded, therefore would it be best to do our trip with a tour company?

Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map