Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Investiment oppotunite

Investiment oppotunite
April 28, 2011 08:02AM
Dear sir/madam
we are tanzania companya and we have land good for agriculture and mining. we are looking for investor.
my mail is amperella@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Re: Investiment oppotunite
May 11, 2011 01:16PM
By diddy
Hello,

I am interested in developing affordable / mid income housing in Africa

I am interested in the following six countries:
-Malawi
-Tanzania
-South Africa
-Madagascar
-Angola
-Nigeria
For our preliminary evaluation, we are interested in the following parameters:

1) Typical carpet to Built up Ratio – For example, the built up area measured by external walls of a structure may be 1000 sq.ft but the actual carpet area in the unit might only be 800 sq.ft thus giving a ratio of 0.8 or 80%.
2) Typical Floor Area / Plot Area Ratio – For example, if the land area is 1000 sqft and the built up area permitted on this land 2000 sqft, that gives a ratio of 2 or 200%.
3) Land cost for an affordable housing scheme targeting the mass population – any indication would be good at this time. We are also running a location strategy side by side and will narrow down to certain micro markets but at the moment if you could provide a sample indication including price and location, that will be very helpful.
4) Infrastructure cost to make it a serviced land – you mentioned that this will typically be 10% of the entire cost of construction.
5) Approvals to convert from agricultural land to residential – You gave me the example of 16490 sq.m of land selling for US$1.3 million which includes 15% allotted for zone conversion. This translates to about US$172,000.
6) Typical construction cost of an affordable housing unit including characteristics of the unit (example: ceramic tiles, stone walls, iron roof, 1 bathroom, etc)
7) Typical selling price of such a unit
8) Typical Rental Value of such a unit

Would appreciate any input from this forum.

Aditya Singhani
(+91) 98197 27448
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map