Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Christmas in Africa

Christmas in Africa
April 30, 2002 07:05AM
By Tizita
Dear People,
I am looking for a good description about how People celebrate Christmas in Zimbabwe. I am looking for Christmas songs, recipes, stories etc. and of course I would like to know more about your X-mas tradition. Actually I am collecting Informations about Christmas in Africa, which I can practice with children. Can someone help me?
Thanks
Tizita
 Reply  Quote

Christmas in Zimbabwe
September 09, 2002 02:47PM
Anonymous User
I am Zimbabwean but currently working out of Zimbabwe, christmas time is family time in Zimbabwe so I go home every December. All my sibblings and our sibblings gather at my mum's place on christmas day. I will of course be already there coz thats where I stay when I get to Zim. Our Christmas dish is beef, chicken, goat, sadza(white mealie pap) and The rapoko meal pap. We sing our childhood songs with my mum sisters and the living brother and teach these to our kids. We have dilect we taught each other as we were growing and this is the time we talk in that dilect which noone else understands. Now that things are a bit hard we sent money to most of the relatives in our rural area for bus fare so that they can also join us on this day. It is a big event in my family, if I dont go home for christmas I will never feel ok. I stay with my two kids but we all travel to Zim for Christmas
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map