Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Tourism research

help please!! need information on Zimbabwe
December 05, 2001 08:48PM
Anonymous User
Hi! I would be delighted if any one could help me out or direct me to some relavant web pages on my topc area.
I am currently studying International Tourism and i,m in my final year!(aah..!!)
I am doing a presentation on the country of Zimbabwe and need information on the following:
Economic status of the country.
Political Philosophy.
Importance of tourism to the national economy,.

If anyone could help me i would be so grateful and in much respect any information you wish in return about my country Scotland I would be happy to help!
Take careand thanks to anyone who reads this!
Cheers LOUISE
 Reply  Quote

Are you pulling our legs?
December 08, 2001 11:16AM
Anonymous User
Are your questions about Zimbabwe serious?
Economic status of the country: Probably pretty poor, as the government has forced all private enterprise to sell their foreign currency to the National Bank, and as the unofficial exchange rate is about 8 times as high as the official.
Political Philosophy: Everybody who opposes Robert Mugabe is an enemy of the Zimbabwean state and people.
Importance of tourism to the National economy: Lack of tourism due to the political conditions in the country (when I was there in May this year I read in the South African newspapers that the "Western" embassies had decided not to evacuate their citizens YET) is probably of great damaging importance to the National ecenomy.
 Reply  Quote

Tourism research
September 04, 2002 11:27PM
Anonymous User
Very dependent on US and European traveller(of course)

check a website call Africa online for news and maybe some info

Democracy now( us news site) and look for in thier archives.

You probably know that the political philosophy started as a bit of Marxism and later changed.

The best outside source now living in Zimbabwe I can recomend is Horace Cambell, his web site is

Horace G. Campbell is Professor of African American Studies and Political Science at Syracuse University in Syracuse New York. He teaches courses on African Politics (AAS 371/PSC 341), African International Relations (AAS 372/PSC 342), Militarism and Transformation in Southern Africa (AAS/PSC 731) Introduction to Pan Africanism (AAS 312) and The Caribbean Society since Independence (AAS 202).
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map