Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Zambia visa on borders

Zambia visa on borders
August 26, 2002 01:04PM
By Eva
Can I obtain visa for Zambia at Botswana borders?
Some sources say I need them in advance, other sources quote I can get them at borders...
 Reply  Quote

Visa
August 26, 2002 01:09PM
By joseph
I think it depends on what passport you are holding. I know that if you have a UK passport you can get it at the border - I did last November.

There was a long list with lots of different countries - so for most passports I think you can get it at the border.

Make sure you have a Yellow Fever Certificate - they checked for mine
 Reply  Quote

Visa
August 27, 2002 04:29AM
Anonymous User
Agree with Joseph that it probably depends on what kind of passport you are holding. And I guess conditions can change very rapidly in Zimbabwe at the moment. I, holding a Norwegian passport, also got a (double entry) visa at the border from Botswana, in May 2001. I did not have to show them my yellow fever certificate, maybe because I was entering by "The Blue Train".
 Reply  Quote

thanks...
August 27, 2002 12:31PM
By Eva
I forgot all about the yellow fever certificate, as I don't need it for SA and Botswana..!
I am Slovak and we need visa almost everywhere
sad smiley(
So I better go to Zimbabwe embassy to get them..
 Reply  Quote

Zambia, not Zimbabwe
August 28, 2002 04:34AM
Anonymous User
Sorry, you asked about Zambia and I answered as if you asked about Zimbabwe - of course you can get from Botswana to Zambia without passing Zimbabwe. Again the rules are probably different depending on which passport you are holding, but I, as a Scandinavian, got a free multiple visa for Zambia at their embassy in Stockholm while I would have to pay for it, had I bought it on the border. So check with the Zambian embassy in Bratislava (or Prague or Vienna if you don’t have one in Bratislava).
 Reply  Quote

visa fees to zambia for scandinavians
October 28, 2002 03:50PM
Anonymous User
hi mats -- when did you get that free visa for Zambia, and what nationality are you of?

I am Danish, and according to the Zambia embassy's homepage we have to pay dearly.

rgds, Jørgen
 Reply  Quote

Visum for skandinaver til Zambia
October 29, 2002 06:21AM
Anonymous User
Davs Jørgen,

Jeg er norsk statsborger og fik altså gratis visum på ambassaden i Stockholm i marts 2001. Det blev sagt at alle nordiske statsborgere kunne få det, dog ikke på grænsen, kun på forhånd i Stockholm.
 Reply  Quote

Why Zambia has a high charge with with foregner
May 22, 2004 06:18PM
Anonymous User
I an American citizen who didnt understand why the zambian fee for foregner is so unreasonable?
Is it the that Zambian Goverment is trying to chase white foregner like mugabe in un inderect way.Beacause it really dosent make sence for a wise party / goverment.please let the one who made this law to be reasonable because this law is for one benefit not for all zambian citizen.
 Reply  Quote

Depends on what kind of foreigner
May 24, 2004 05:56AM
Anonymous User
Well, the Zambian "fee" for foreigners is different, depending on which passport you have. I didn´t know it was high for Americans but I knew it is high for Britons, for some reason the Zambian gouvernment obviously don´t like Britons. Could that possibly have anything to do with colonialism? And as mentioned above, Scandinavians get free visa to Zambia, if they get it in advance in Stockholm. Could the high "fee" for Americans have anything to do with the difficulty to obtain an American visa if you hold a Zambian passport?
 Reply  Quote

yeah it depends on foreigner
February 16, 2005 09:24AM
By Edith
the visa fees depend on the type of foreigner and the way us zambians are treated by other countries. it is difficult for zambians to get a visa to america or UK even for studies. so the difficulty is a two way thing. but atleast for you all you have to worry about is the cost not being denied entry which most zambians are.
 Reply  Quote

re: yeah it depends on foreigner
February 16, 2005 11:49AM
Anonymous User
>> but atleast for you all you have to worry about is the cost not being denied entry which most zambians are.

you only have your countrymen to blame, if so many didn`t go to Britain and the States and then stay illegally, deal drugs, be a drain on the health services, both those countries would relax the procedure as they do for any country who`s people like to go home after their holidays...!

As for the Zambian visa it used to be around $50-$60 for a Brit, probably why there`s not so many tourists there, its pathetic really....
 Reply  Quote

Zambisa via costs
August 08, 2005 09:14PM
As I understand it from someone in Zambia where I am planning on going soon, the cost is so high for UK passport holders because the reciprocal agreement with the UK means Zambians also pay roughly the same amount. I don't know the reason for this agreement being like this, but I would not like to hazard da guess such as because Zambians come to the UK and '...deal drugs, be a drain on the health service...'!!!! Perhaps the poster who made these remarks should do a bit of research on the arrangements countries have with each other before guessing reasons for these, especially such insulting and derogatory ones.
 Reply  Quote

visas
September 12, 2005 10:16AM
By unv
I think it unfair to label people from countries as criminals because some of their nationals are criminals.

USA and Australia were lands given to criminals.
The Brits ruled the World by fraud, deception, division, force and stole much of the valuables of the countries they were in leaving behind the railways and roads which anyhow served their purpose.

So lets get the facts right. And before you take offence to what I have written remember that each and every country has done terrible things in their history so that shopuld even out everything.

But on the issue of visas: Every country follows the diplomatic convention of reciprocity in General. So the high costs are a reflection of the visa costs to go to country A from Country B which is equal to the Visa cost to go from Country A to Country B.

Lastly, lets make this an equal World without these stupid non rational borders we create in our minds. Let Peace be the guiding light to development.

And sorry if this message upsets anyone.

AM
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map