Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Seems pretty good...

Seems pretty good...
April 10, 2002 06:18PM
By Dave
My sister has been living in Lusaka for the last 2 years or so and she likes it. She's from Canada but has lived in southern Sudan for a year and Kampala, Uganda for quite some time as well so she knows better what to expect. Physically, Lusaka isn't much different from any other African city and has the same problems as every other city in the world (traffic, pollution, crime, corruption, unemployment, etc) but to different degrees. Apart from the museum (which is underrated), there really isn't much of interest in Lusaka.
 Reply  Quote

I´m searching a person
April 13, 2002 01:57PM
By camilla
Hello Angela!

I wounder if you can help me. I´ve met a person. His name is Donwell. I wounder if you can mail me soon and try to help me. I´m from sweden.

Thank you!
 Reply  Quote

City of Lusaka, Zambia
March 08, 2003 05:09PM
Anonymous User
I am very much interested in information pertaining to Lusaka. Since early January 1990, I have corresponded with hundreds of refugees exiled mainly in Lusaka (in contact with others living in other "host" countries in Africa). Our progam began in 1979 and has been ongoing since 1985 helping refugees from 27 countries. Also involved with an organization helping orphan street kids in Lusaka.
 Reply  Quote

Lusaka
April 22, 2003 01:30PM
Anonymous User
I lived in Lusaka for 6 months. Not as bad a place as is sometimes assumed. It can seem intimidating but in reality it is no worse than any other city. There are a good range of shops at "manda hill" if you feel the need for western products. Libraries, bars and clubs, Barclays bank, plenty of markets and street venders. If anyone wants more info let me know.

Street kids are definitely a problem.
Could you let me know what organisation is helping the street kids? It would be nice to know what could be done to help them.
Thanks
 Reply  Quote

volunteering in Zambia
April 27, 2003 11:17AM
Anonymous User
Hi, I am Marta from Hungary planning to go to Zambia in May for 6 months to help children there. I am a teacher with teaching experience and would like to work with kids in remote Zambia. If you could give me some info or any organisation addresses where I could help, please contact me. Thanks a lot. Marta
 Reply  Quote

Orphan refugee street kids in Lusaka, Zambia.
April 27, 2003 11:48AM
Anonymous User
Please contact me for information in detail. I initiated a project in 1997 operated by unpaid people assisting orphan kids in their street environment.

Sincerely

Terry Smith
Refugee Advocate/Program Coordinator
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

**************************************************>Hi, I am Marta from Hungary planning
>to go to Zambia in May
>for 6 months to help children
>there. I am a teacher
>with teaching experience and would like
>to work with kids in remote
>Zambia. If you could give me
>some info or any organisation addresses
>where I could help, please contact
>me. Thanks a lot. Marta
 Reply  Quote

Orphan street kids in Lusaka, Zambia.
April 27, 2003 11:53AM
Anonymous User
Please contact me to acquire information. I initiated a project in 1997 in which unpaid volunteers work with children in their street environment. The staff are refugees and Zambians.

Sincerely
Terry Smith (Refugee Advocate/Program Coordinator)
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

**************************************************>I lived in Lusaka for 6 months.
>Not as bad a place as
>is sometimes assumed. It can seem
>intimidating but in reality it is
>no worse than any other city.
>There are a good range of
>shops at "manda hill" if you
>feel the need for western products.
>Libraries, bars and clubs, Barclays bank,
>plenty of markets and street venders.
>If anyone wants more info let
>me know.
>Street kids are definitely a problem. Could
>you let me know what organisation
>is helping the street kids? It
>would be nice to know what
>could be done to help them.
>Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Orphan street kids in Lusaka, Zambia.
April 27, 2003 02:12PM
Anonymous User
Maria and Marta-contact me at tdswaterloo@yahoo.com regarding orphan street kids project in Lusaka, Zambia. I can be very helpful. Sincerely T.D. Smith in Canada.
 Reply  Quote

What is life like in Lusaka?
July 16, 2001 03:39PM
By Geezer
Could anyone tell ne what Lusaka is like to live in?

Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Life in Lusaka
August 07, 2001 02:02PM
By angela
It's great
for regular info see The Lusaka Lowdown
www.lowdown.co.za
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map