Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Living in Zambia

Living in Zambia
January 21, 2007 01:48PM
Folks I am planning to move to Lusaka Zmabia for employment. I am wondering if someone can share with me about personal safety while traveling in and around lusaka. How are the medical facilities and how safe our homes are in Lusaka City. Need some advise on cost of living also. What is the typical rent for decent and safe apartment in Lusaka.

Bill
 Reply  Quote

Living in Zambia
February 01, 2007 01:22PM
Hi Bill,
Zambia is probably one of the safest place in Africa. Then again I might say that because I am Zambian. Like any other country, you have well known no areas and mainly that would apply at night times but having said that are many good parts. Good places are normally advertised through establish estate agent who will charge arm and a leg. As far as medical is concerned, you have the public and private care. As can guess the private is good but come at a price. The cost of living depends on what kind of life you want to lead. For example, you can buy cheap vegetables at a local market(tends to be outside)but same would triple if you go into this new modern supermarkets. In general the cost of living is lower than western countries. Pls feel free if need more infor. Can you specify when you need to relocate? I may help you cheaper but good accomodation.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map