Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: business suggestion needed

business suggestion needed
July 17, 2012 07:04PM
By greyc
Hellow i would like to know any viable business opportunities within the range of 40million Tshs, i am open to suggestions and looking forward to ideas for investing too.
 Reply  Quote

Re: business suggestion needed
July 19, 2012 09:04AM
By robin
hi , im coming to zanzibar next tuesday from johannesburg. I am also looking for a business opportunity. my strengths are in marketing and tourism, media and the arts. Ive owned backpackers lodges,clothing, cosmetics and media companies. I have been researching and planning for east africa for over 5 years now and I see that there are three possible areas that can be developed. Obviously, zanzibar is the first choice to make a base, moshi the second and arusha or selous the third. My first step is to come and see whats going on in tanzania and how difficult it is to register and operate a busienss. Ive been 3 times already since 1982. ( 2005 AND 2007).

Tanzania has got the best record of ALL east african nations for tolerance and stability and I think thats why the UN have put their offices in arusha. The main opportunities for business I believe are :

1. Trading.
2.Agriculture
3.Tourism.
4.Mining.
5.Internet marketing.
6.Manufacturing.
7.Fishing.

I believe to start with you need a solid base to operate from. My intention is to buy/lease around 1-10 hectares of land which can then be converted into an overland truck stop for truckers and tourists travelling overland. I would prefer to be close to zanzibar although everything leans towards Moshi/Marungu- there is a good infrastructure in place already ( as good as it gets) -

But , Ive seen the possibility for growth in the selous region as only the northern part is currently open to tourists. At the mouth of the ruaha/rufiki river its close to dar and yet right opposite the best diving in the indian ocean- mafia island. its also on the southerly route from mozambique. Another possibility is Iringa/ mbeya.

Im coming to tanzania next tuesday so i will give you my email/ tel. or you can use this forum. I would also like to do an event in tanzania which i can talk to you more in depth later. Ive done themall over the world. The key thing about zanzibar is that it has become a portal which brings people from south africa(one time air) and from germany( condor air)- thus more tourists will come.
My first priority is to find a good land to lease. Ive got an 8 tonne truck which can be used to trade goods. ( SOAP/COOKING OIL ETC) it could also be converted into a travellers truck. I believe a 21 day excursion around tanzania and kenya is good.

Right now I am looking for a business partner who wants to help me to develop this project. I will be coming with a couple who are also looking to invest in tanzania. they are jewellers who design for the high end. So it looks like they may open a shop in stone town / restaurant. If we see the opportunities are condusive more so in moshi - well go there. ive been to arusha and it doesnt impress me. So in conclusion im foccussing my energies on moshi and zanzibar and possibly selous region.

look forward to hearing from you

robin denton
tel 076 200 3772
oneworldnewz@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map