Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Investment

Investment
September 24, 2007 05:07PM
By Gurney
Dear everyone on the Forum,

I am looking for some information regarding investment and property purchase in Tanzania.

I am currently just starting my search to find a suitable lodge for purchase on the island Of Zanzibar. I'm looking for a beach lodge on the north of the island and possibly a smaller lodge in Stone town. With the plan of buying a safari lodge on the mainland on the future.

Firstly I am British and was looking for any advice regarding foreign investment and visa issues etc before I go and visit the embassy.

How is the property market moving in Tanzania? Obviously from my research I have seen investment increases, are these predicted by locals to continue to rise?

The tourism market is obviously the backbone of my search and hopeful income. Zanzibar seams from an outsiders point of view to be very much on a boom at the moment with a lot of development happening since I was there 4 years ago. Is there any issue with supply outstripping demand or is the market very healthy on the island?

I understand that like many African countries the property laws mean that property is leasehold. Are there ever any issues with extending leases?

As I said I am very early into my search and any advice positive or negative would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Joe
 Reply  Quote

investiment
September 25, 2007 08:27AM
By arusha
hi,gurney hope u doing well,my namem is nr laiser real estate agency from ARUSHA TANZANIA,well 2here that u want 2invest in tanzania,mr not only zanzibar is place 2invest 4tourims safari,even arusha we ve a great nomber of foreiners coming 2visit our national parks,so arusha also ideal 4lodges investiment,wellcome arusha,visit some lodges n hotels u can c,how arusha,is beautiful 4investiment of lodges n hotels,once meet can share ur idear,my phone no,0784-797521 even znz i can find u the leased land 4ur investiment,thanx
 Reply  Quote

investment
September 28, 2007 06:11AM
By joh
hello there,

i believe you have a great idea and coming up with zanzibar is a very good thing.but i what i would like to advice you is that,it is good to do feasibility study t first see what is going in the real estate market,making a lodge or a hotel is bright idea but there are other factors that are to be considered like location,clients, and other things this is per our profession is concerned.i would like you find to find valures for feasibility study to see the promising future of you business.i am based in adr es salaam.if you need more clarity send me an email.

and trust no body,visit registered valuation for safety of you and your money since there are corn artist.

regards
 Reply  Quote

Re: investment
January 10, 2017 08:23AM
You can contact me on this 25562987759
 Reply  Quote

Re:Investment
September 28, 2007 10:45AM
By Fortune
LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-07 AT 08:49 AM (GMT)

Dear Joe,
Thank you very much for your email.
To invest in Toursim is a good idea especially in Zanzibar.Zanzibar is comming up rapily in this industry and most of sites have been taken over by investors.
I do work and live in Zanzibar,to get a lodge to buy is very expensive and difficult to get it,it is better to buy a plot and build your own Lodge or Hotel,because some small hotels owned by local people and were built in a old plan so you have to destroy all and build in a new style which it costs alot,also sizes are not enough for modern investors.
I do have some recommended beach plots you can visist on the website www.#####.com.
In stone towm most of Building ranges from US$ 80,000 to US$100,000
Leasing period can be renewed and extended.
Also visit ZIPA web(Zanzibar Investment Promotion Agency) for invesros information.
Their web is www.zanzinet.org/zanzibar/economy/vitega_uchumi.html
I can assit to have some clarification on ZIPPa procces,
More details,write to classictelecom@gmail.com
Regards,

Dear everyone on the Forum,
>I am looking for some information regarding
>investment and property purchase in Tanzania.
>
>I am currently just starting my search
>to find a suitable lodge for
>purchase on the island Of Zanzibar.
>I'm looking for a beach lodge
>on the north of the island
>and possibly a smaller lodge in
>Stone town. With the plan of
>buying a safari lodge on the
>mainland on the future.
>Firstly I am British and was looking
>for any advice regarding foreign investment
>and visa issues etc before I
>go and visit the embassy.
>How is the property market moving in
>Tanzania? Obviously from my research I
>have seen investment increases, are these
>predicted by locals to continue to
>rise?
>The tourism market is obviously the backbone
>of my search and hopeful income.
>Zanzibar seams from an outsiders point
>of view to be very much
>on a boom at the moment
>with a lot of development happening
>since I was there 4 years
>ago. Is there any issue with
>supply outstripping demand or is the
>market very healthy on the island?
>
>I understand that like many African countries
>the property laws mean that property
>is leasehold. Are there ever any
>issues with extending leases?
>As I said I am very early
>into my search and any advice
>positive or negative would be very
>much appreciated.
>Thanks again.
>Joe
>
 Reply  Quote

December 31, 2016 09:11AM
By Paschal
how are you.
hope your doing well, i can assure you that we have a registered company, and we would interested to join us for mutual benefits.
please contact me for more information.
 Reply  Quote

May 23, 2018 02:59PM
By Mgungah
you are welcome
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map