Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Social Networking sites in South Africa?

Social Networking sites in South Africa?
December 10, 2010 02:17AM
By ruudboy
Social Networking in South Africa seems to be taking off...here's my list of Social Networking sites.

Mybroadband.co.za - IT based Forum

Mxit - Mobile based social Network

Zoopy.com - Vodacom's Social Networking Service.

LinkTivate Business Network(www.linktivate.net) - A Commercially oriented Social Network.

MySpot - Youth Oriented Social Network.

Any more social networks I missed? Feel Free To add to this list
 Reply  Quote

- Muti.co.za
Facebook

Car Hire - @#$%& dot net
 Reply  Quote

bblounge.co.za - Hellkom's forum
blueworld.co.za - For South Africans to share their interests and comments
ps3za.co.za - South African PS3 gamers forum
slackers.co.za - Tech news forum
systemshock.co.za - Tech news forum
wellinformed.co.za - Forum for the concerned sa citizen
xbox-360.co.za - South African XBox gamers forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 09:58PM by Prom.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Social Networking sites in South Africa?
November 03, 2011 10:09PM
By Prom
Hi Justin.

Blackberry's hold on the market has waned. WhatsApp and other messaging platforms have increased massively over recent years. The only thing BBM had going for it was not having to pay for SMSes and the only thing it has going for it here is the flat rated APN. MXit is still very popular if not more and not just in South Africa any more. Facebook also claims huge sign-ups but their number of active users have decreased over the years and is doing so more rapidly now with competition from google.
 Reply  Quote

As per my knowledge Zoopy.com and MySpot social sites are most famous and popular in South African people. Nowadays Facebook also famous in people. But these two has more users in SA.

affordable holiday to florida
 Reply  Quote

The friends of above have said many Social Networking sites. I only know a few famous ones, like facebook twitter and myspace and so on. I hope it is helpful to you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DuDuTa Online Shopping, Buy Direct from China Wholesale Source
 Reply  Quote

Vananzi is a social community where anyone can join and create a profile so your friends can find you online, upload an unlimited number of photos, share videos, write your own blogs, support your peers with groups, for free, discover new people and connect with friends. Vanzanzi is cell phone friendly and can be accessed with any smart phone. We are continually upgrading and more features will be added in the future. www.vanzanzi.co.za
 Reply  Quote

Hi

I agree that those social networking sites were popular at some point, but my understanding is that MXIT is slowly dying out. It is being replaced by Facebook and the increasing number of people buying BlackBerrys and using BBm instead, WhatsApp and FaceBook are very big in South Africa right now. Twitter is also becoming more and more popular daily and might be as popular as Facebook soon.

Justin Hartley- Accommodation in Durban
 Reply  Quote

As per my knowledge Zoopy.com and MySpot social sites are most famous and popular in South African people. Nowadays Facebook also famous in people. But these two has more users in SA.
YES,I THISK SO!
 Reply  Quote

i suggest you plidd social networking, its good for African travellersthumbs up
[plidd.com]
 Reply  Quote

I suggest you this carpooling network. I'm gonna use it during my trip in South Africa.

Anyone want to join us for A ROAD TRIP? [www.vabboo.com]
 Reply  Quote

www.kasitalk.co.za
 Reply  Quote

Thanks for sharing your posting. Can you tell us more about iborian.com is a great social networking site that can be the "tipping point"?
 Reply  Quote

A new network in SA based on the entertainment industry and supports charity:

[www.vuiskoek.co.za]
 Reply  Quote

thanks for this post as this post help me to increase traffic for my website from African countries.... if possible suggest some more popular sites ..........
 Reply  Quote

Hello all,

Bolt.com is the best social networking site.

Thanx
 Reply  Quote

thanz all..i found these suggestions very helpful
 Reply  Quote

I have recognise that one social website is missing from the list i.e kasbee . Today Kasbee.com is becoming favourite choice of everyone in South Africa and all over the World. Even I am using it from last six month and enjoying alot. Try it, its amazing ... smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

Reply  Quote

[www.streemout.com] is it, done and dusted
 Reply  Quote

Hi...

Amazing! Thanks to share a great information of South Africa Social Networking Sites, I really need, i appreciate you.
 Reply  Quote

[socialcrush.xyz] www.socialcrush.co.za - SA's Premium Social Network with Dating features.
Network, date(if you want) video chat, 3D chat, blog, music, videos, business reviews and whole bunch more features
 Reply  Quote

i will recomend you plidd social networking for African travellers
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map