Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: UK Passport & SA ID Book

UK Passport & SA ID Book
October 21, 2009 01:54PM
By hyltonc
Hi
Can anyone advise.
I have a British passport and a South African Id.
I plan on travelling to the UK in December and am worried that I will have a problem leaving SA.
Thanks
 Reply  Quote

June 09, 2010 02:04PM
By Tilt
hi all

I lived in South Africa for quite some time and obtained an ID book. I left South Africa in 2003 and have never returned back since then. I'm thinking of going back but will I be allowed to return as I don't have a south african passport just the ID book. Reason I ask is that I suspect that one has a limit of time to be out of the country as officially am not a south african - or am I wrong in thinking like this. Would appreciate some knowledge in this many thanks.
 Reply  Quote

June 22, 2010 05:08AM
Hi there
I also have a British passport and a SA ID Book and am back and forth regularly. I am a permanent resident of SA, not a citizen and it sounds like you are the same. You are worrying over nothing but I would advise you to stay over there where life is much better. UK is on a slippery slope and will carry on getting worse. I am hoping to get back to SA pretty soon and shall stay there for good where I can have a proper braai. I also worried the same as you are about coming out of the country, and it was totally not called for.
Cheers
Mike
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map