Africa Guide
recommended trip :

noah's ark

Am from the states and visiting Namibia would love info
November 23, 2004 06:59PM
Anonymous User
Hi all, I am from the US and am volunteering for the month of February for a group called Noah's Ark. I was wondering if anyone knows of this organization or anyone whom has volunteered for them prior. Also, I would love to know what the weather will be like in Feb. what to bring and if the mosqitoes are terrible there at that time. I'm am very excited as well as nervous because this will be the first time I have visited another cou ntry by myself and reallydon't a whole lot about. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you
 Reply  Quote

Reply: Noah's ARK
November 29, 2004 07:13PM
Anonymous User
Where in Namibia do you plan on going?
Feb is a hot month.

I've never heard of Noah's ark. Who runs it?
 Reply  Quote

noah's ark
December 22, 2004 10:35AM
Anonymous User
hi

i have heard of the organisation before, just dont know much about it. it depends on where youre going in namibia for the mosquito issue. up in the north it is quite humid, and mosquitoes are terrible. throughout the rest of namibia there are mosquitoes, but not as bad. as far as i know, we do not have a malaria problem in the central part of namibia, but rather get vaccinated anyway, ans i guess that US law requires it. february is autumn, and the weather is quite nice, but like i said, it depends on where you are going.

if you would like anymore information, then i would be happy to help you if possible.
 Reply  Quote

Noahs Ark
July 13, 2005 05:48AM
By lkay
Are you going to Noahs Ark with the Work and Travel company? If not they've got a bit of info on their web site. I'm looking into going there next Aug (06). Let me know if it's good?! Went to S Africa last year to work on a monkey sanctuary. First time travelling alone. Absolutely fantastic!! So much so I'm planning to do some long term conservation work in the not too distant future! Hope you love it.
Lisa
 Reply  Quote

I'm going there too.
April 30, 2006 02:20PM
I'm going to Africa to do the noahs ark project too in September.

Let me know how it goes when you go as I'm pretty nervous too!
 Reply  Quote

Noah's Ark
November 21, 2006 09:26PM
I'm booked for Noah's Ark in September 2007, what was it like? Any info appreciated. Hope you had a good time. Look forward to hearing from you.
 Reply  Quote

Noah's Ark
November 23, 2006 05:43AM
Anonymous User
Hi

Funny enough, I drive pass this place every morning cos it's on my way to work as matter fact the same side where our offices are. Unfortunately I don't really know what they are about. could always find out.

Feb is a hot month, and they said it depends on where u will be going in Namibia. Le'me know, I could update u.
 Reply  Quote

Noah's Ark
January 10, 2007 05:50AM
LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-07 AT 05:51 AM (GMT)

Hi,
I am looking into volunteering at Noah's Ark this August or September 2007 and saw in your posting, Tinkerbell, that you went there this last September. But actually I would love to hear from anyone who has volunteered at Noah's Ark. I was wondering if you could tell me about your experience there. How long did you stay? What was the highlight of your trip? What was the worst part? How were the accomondations? How many hours a day did you work? Did you get to have a lot of personal interaction with the animals? What are some things that you wish you had brought with you and would recommend that I bring? What should I watch out for, if anything? Anything dangerous?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
I look forward to hearing from a fellow traveler,
Kristen
 Reply  Quote

Noahs Ark - Namibia
February 23, 2007 02:11PM
By Prawn76
Hi Kristen, I made a mistake and just posted your message again under my name...wasn't sure what I was doing, sorry !

I am doing the Noahs Ark project on Wednesday and will gladly give you the info. you are looking for. I would recommend going on to Google and typing in Noahs Ark and it will give you loads of info. I've read that it is recommended not to take new clothes just ones that you don't mind getting dusty and dirty because apparently volunteers cut up fresh meat, erect fences, clean enclosures etc. I've also read that it's roughly 6-8 hours a day of work but you get breaks in the middle of the day of 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I will try and post some photos so you can see what it's like when I get back.
 Reply  Quote

noahs ark
June 23, 2007 03:25AM
By cheekyd
Hi
im looking at volunteering at noahs ark late oct 07 and was wondering about the weather and things that i should bring. If anyone has been there to work and can tell me about their experience that would be so wonderful. Its my first time travelling alone and first time to africa. Guess i set myself a big challange!!! please email me directly if possible im not sure how often ill get to check the forum.

cheers
deanna
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map