Africa Guide
recommended trip :

swakop

surfing in namibia
August 29, 2004 10:25PM
By joyce
I'm planning on spending 6 months next year surfing and chilling in Namibia. Anyone have any experiences surfing there? Will I get bored in Swakopmund? Do I need a car to get to the good surf spots? Is it safe for a single woman? Thanks!
 Reply  Quote

also in Namibia
October 05, 2004 03:46PM
Anonymous User
I am now living in Windhoek and will be here for six months

I am trying to find out info on surfing.

Have you had any luck

I am heading to the coast this month so will let you know how that goes.

By the way I am a Canadian, beginner surfer, working for the UN for six months.

cheers

Jock
 Reply  Quote

surfing
October 06, 2004 12:52PM
By joyce
i haven't gotten much information but i do know that the surf there is world-class and the water is pretty cold, so i hope you have a wetsuit. and if you are a beginner be careful (i'm a beginner too but i hope to get better by the time i go there next year). good luck and let me know how it goes!!
 Reply  Quote

swakop
November 17, 2004 08:53AM
Anonymous User
hey ... ,mmmmmmmm dont really need a car... all spots are in town..... swell gets big in winter.... yes water is cold... need a westuit 4 sure....
ummm.... 99% left breaks.....
and there are high and low water spots....
 Reply  Quote

surfing..
November 29, 2004 07:17PM
Anonymous User
Surfing in Namibia... yeah it happens. But you're better off with a spear gun in Jeffries Bay. Spear the grommits and take their waves.

Like the previous chap said, the waters pretty cold. You'll enjoy swakop, its a haven for tourists.

Bring with a wetsuit with a fur lining.
 Reply  Quote

Looking for Ingo Berg
January 15, 2005 07:45PM
Anonymous User
Hi i hope somone can assist me.
I am looking for my long lost surfer buddy Ingo Berg.We worked together in RSA on the Port Wdward coast.He then left for swakopmund to start a bussiness.I am visiting Swakop later on this year and would love to meet up with him again.If anyone has info please send me a mail.
Thank you
Trevor Henn.
 Reply  Quote

surfing in namibia
October 03, 2007 11:58AM
I'm planning to go to namibia to surf in a couple weeks and will let you know about getting to spots. I live near cape town in a place called bettys bay with some good uncrowded spots you should check out if you're coming to s.africa
 Reply  Quote

Surf gear
May 20, 2009 02:46PM
By Simmers
I'm just here today for 4-6 weeks work in Walvis bay then hopeing do some surfing afterwards. Haven't been able to bring any gear(which is lucky as what I did bring didn't show up) so wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I might find someone selling a board and wetsuit.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map