Africa Guide
recommended trip :

hello tanya - from Robert Sargent

Old Friends from SSS 1985-1990
September 03, 2002 09:28AM
Anonymous User
Hi - looking for anyone I knew that attended Swakopmund Secondary School from 1985 to 1990 that
knew me - Tanya Hallworth. I'd love to get in
contact with old friends for a chat. I'm now living in Northamptonshire in England with my
husband and two boys.
 Reply  Quote

"Old Friends from SSS 1985-1990"
January 08, 2003 09:05PM
Anonymous User
Hi Tanya.... I was in SSS a few years younger than you. My name was Angharad thomas.. and I think my sisters Rhian and Lowri (the twins) were friendly with your sister.
 Reply  Quote

Rhian and Lowri
January 12, 2003 09:49AM
Anonymous User
Hi Angharad, I remember you and your sisters well.Nadia lives in Manchester now with her husband and two kids.She is well and hasn't changed much over the years. Where are you and your sisters these days?
 Reply  Quote

Rhian and Lowri
January 12, 2003 05:55PM
By mari
My sisters both live in Chepstow. Lowri with her little boy and Rhian with her husband and baby girl. I live in Cardiff with my husband.. no kids for me though.. I prefer cats winking smiley

We are all doing great, its actually my sisters birthday this weekend and Lisa Roberts is coming down for a night out. Great to hear that Nadia is doing well. I will have to send this link to my sisters.

smiling smiley

Mari (Angharad)
 Reply  Quote

Tanya and Nadia
January 13, 2003 11:19AM
Anonymous User
Hi Tanya. Me and Rhian remember you and Nadia well. We were really good friends with Nadia for ages! She was a real wild child. We have often wondered what she is up to these days and would love to get in touch. We have stayed in contact with Lisa Roberts who now lives in Staffordshire. She is doing well - not married yet but come close a few times. Her brother Shaun lives in Iceland. I think Lisa keeps in contact with quite a few people from swakop like joanne white, monique gregory and sandra kemp who are all living in england now i think. We keep meaning to arrange to all meet up but have never sorted anything. As angharad told you, Rhian is married and has a baby girl Maisie who is nine months old and i am divorced and have a boy called cameron who is two. Please pass this on to nadia, we would love to hear from her.
 Reply  Quote

Nadia
January 13, 2003 08:01PM
Anonymous User
Lowri,
Nice to hear from you. Nadia doesn't have a home pc yet but i have talked to her about this and she was really surprised. She has been here for just over a year and is married to Riaan who is Afrikaans and they have been married since 1995. They have two kids, Jarryd who is 6 soon and a little girl Rhys who has just turned 3. I am married with two boys Matthew 6 and Jamie 3. We have been back since 2000. I'm married to a Yorkshireman - and have just turned 30! Here is Nadia's home tel no. if you want to contact her.
01618300104. She would love to hear from you.
 Reply  Quote

nadia
January 13, 2003 08:38PM
Anonymous User
hi again
cheers for nadia's number, we will definitely give her a call soon. Like i said before, we have been on about all meeting up (me, rhian, angharad, lisa, joanne and sandra) so we will have to sort something out for a couple of months time. we could all meet up for a day or night out somewhere central! It would be cool to catch up with everyone as it's only lisa who we've kept in touch with. hope you and nadia can come too? i will forward this to lisa too. Do you keep in touch with anyone else we might know? what do you and nadia do for a living? or are you both full time mums? tell nadia i will call her soon.
 Reply  Quote

Nadia
January 13, 2003 08:45PM
Anonymous User
Hi again,
She'd love to meet up and so would I. I don't keep in contact with anyone from Swakop although i do know where some of my mates are now. I work for Vodafone at the Business Customer Service dept at a centre in Banbury near Oxford. Nadia is a full time Mum but once the little one goes to Nursery i'm sure she'll want to go back to work. Our Mum and Dad are in Manchester too. How about you and your sisters? What do you do? How are your Mum and Dad?
 Reply  Quote

SWAKOP GIRLS
January 14, 2003 08:33AM
Anonymous User
Hello to Tanya and Nadia.

Hope you remember me too.

My god, its been a long time! Its funny but the last time me, Lowri and Rhian were together we were talking about you both. Wondering where you were and what you were doing. Hard to believe you are both married with kids. I think its because I remember you both as you were when you left Swakop!
Well, as Lowri and Angharad said - we have been trying to organise a get together with Jo-anne White and Sandra Kemp and now weve got in touch with you two we definitely must. Will be great to see you both.

Let me know if you get this and then I will write more and fill you in with what I know.

Speak soon.
 Reply  Quote

hi tanya and nadia
January 14, 2003 04:31PM
Anonymous User
Hi Tanya, Rhian here,

It's so strange hearing from you, especially finding out that Nadia is married with 2 kids. Anyway, you asked what we are all up to. I got married a year and a half ago to Greg, we live in chepstow and have a 9 month old daughter, Maisie. I work part time in a Wine Bar and also at a Restaurant and I also do a bit of typing from home. Lowri also lives in Chepstow with her 2 year old son Cameron, she got married but it didn't work out, she's better off without him!! Lowri works at The Link (mobile phone shop) in chepstow. Angharad is married to Adam (they got married in Las Vegas) and they both live in cardiff, with no plans to have any kids. She is a web designer. Our mum and Dad are both fine, they have been running pubs for the last 10 years or so and have just retired up the valleys (about 20 mins from Cardiff).

Any-way, we will speak to Lisa to arrange when we can all get together and we'll keep you posted on this web-site. Keep in touch.

Rhian
 Reply  Quote

Lisa
January 14, 2003 07:34PM
Anonymous User
Hello Lisa,
I certainly remember you! Nice to hear that you are all doing well. Nadia would love to hear from you. What else can i tell u? Nadia's hubby Riaan works for a highway maintenace company in Ashton-u-Lyne in Manchester. Nadia looks about the same just a bit older. Not as many freckles! My hubby is an engineer for Alcatel in Banbury. I look quite older now and feel it too! Must send u a mail with some photos attached so you can have a look! Would be nice to see you all. How are u'r family doing?

CU Tanya
 Reply  Quote

friends reunited
January 15, 2003 11:05AM
By mari

This site has just expanded to include other countries:

Go to http://www.friendsreunited.com/sa/
and search for swakopmund. There arent many registered for SSS yet... so do it biatches!!!

smiling smiley

maw
 Reply  Quote

pics
January 15, 2003 11:15AM
By mari

If you got the the sss entry on friends reunited there are pics of myself, Rhian and Lowri next to my name.
 Reply  Quote

dodgy pic
January 16, 2003 10:46AM
Anonymous User
haad

cheers for the dodgy pic bitch!!!! me and rhi both added ourselves.

i'm finishing work at 4 on saturday so let me know what time your train is. maybe me or rhi can pick you up. i am so excited it's my birthday tommorrow! see you saturday

low
 Reply  Quote

dodgy pic
January 16, 2003 12:15PM
By mari
hehhehe its a lovely pic the low.. and like we are all in it smiling smiley

cant wait till sat night.. not sure about train times yet but I will try to time it for when you finish.

You guys better be prepared to get really, really drunk and disorderly.

smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
January 16, 2003 02:22PM
Anonymous User
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW LOW & RHI (17/1). HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT OUT.
HAAD, GET EM DRUNK AND HAVE PLENTY FOR ME!

SPEAK TO YOU ALL SOON.

LOTS OF LOVE
LISA
X X X
 Reply  Quote

Lisa Again
January 16, 2003 04:21PM
Anonymous User
Hi Tanya,

Thanks for replying. It is great to be in touch again. I told my dad and he was wondering where your mum and dad are now. He would love to get in touch. He still remembers your dad going fishing on the beach with them and taking his chip pan! Classic!

I will definitely ring Nadia - Cant believe we've tracked you all down after all these years - and you both arent a million miles away either. I live in Derby - well Belper really.
So sort of in the middle.

We must make a plan to all get together, and have a right old gossip.

Will be in touch soon. Tell Nadia to expect that phone call - although not next week as I am in Scotland with work for a week!

Cheers,
Lisa
 Reply  Quote

drunk and disorderly
January 16, 2003 07:34PM
Anonymous User
cheers babe, we are determined to have a good night out so that won't be a problem. I am going out tonight in practice!!! he he any excuse! pity you cant make it but we will sort something out for march like you said.

haad...i am well prepared plus got a surprise for you too! there are about 20 people coming out all together so if i get a birthday drink of everyone i will be well pleased! i will call you sat
 Reply  Quote

hey girls
March 19, 2004 11:12AM
Anonymous User
>cheers babe, we are determined to have
>a good night out so that
>won't be a problem. I
>am going out tonight in practice!!!
>he he any excuse! pity
>you cant make it but we
>will sort something out for march
>like you said.
>haad...i am well prepared plus got a
>surprise for you too! there are
>about 20 people coming out all
>together so if i get a
>birthday drink of everyone i will
>be well pleased! i will
>call you sat

Was in SSS to good old days left in 1985 thank god!
 Reply  Quote

sss
November 17, 2004 09:00AM
By marius
was in sss up 2 98... dont remember n e of u guys,,,,, pity
 Reply  Quote

heya
November 18, 2004 11:52AM
Anonymous User
hi everyone, i just had to say hi when i came on this site. i was in SSS, it was the bes school i have ever been in, y friends are still in there, but we moved to england bout 9 months ago now.
eventhough im still young, i really miss the days in that school.
 Reply  Quote

Also friends from SSS 78-83
February 17, 2005 06:38AM
Anonymous User
Hi I finished school in 1983 but seem to have lost contact with the people that I knew in Swakop. After I finished I went to Cape Town and I'm still here. I went back on holiday in 1990 but most of the people I knew had left.

Shane
 Reply  Quote

hello tanya - from Robert Sargent
August 22, 2005 07:35AM
Hey Tanya

good to here you are well
I'm living in Durban SA married but no kids

and getting a lot older as well as an almost a full head of grey hair.

rob
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map