Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Xai-Xai

Inhambane / Xai-Xai Camping
October 14, 2002 12:52PM
Anonymous User
We live in Cape Town and would like to go camping in the Inhambane area (or Xai-Xai) for three weeks December 2003. We would be 5 families, self sufficient and would enjoy camping as close as possible to the beach. Fishing, Diving, Boating is essential (most with own equipment)

We do not have any information regarding campsites, amenities, rates, conditions, lead time for reservations, etc.

Can someone please advise as much as possible, forward photos, put me into contact with the appropriate people to talk to.

Thank you,

Christo
 Reply  Quote

Xai XAi
October 21, 2002 01:53PM
Anonymous User
I spent dec-jan in Mozambique and I strongly recommend you rather go further north. XAi XAi is the most mosquito infested place on earth. If you are taking children you will have to be very carefula dnm they will complain solidly about mosquito bites. Just a little north or south seems to be considreably better. Maybe it was just our luck but...You will love mozambique the people are amazing and the beaches glorius!!!
 Reply  Quote

Mozambique
December 10, 2002 10:14AM
By James
Hi There

Am also going to Mozambique in Dec . Just wandering whether you found accomodation yet..
If so could you please forward me details

REgards

James
 Reply  Quote

Inhambane / Xai-Xai Camping
January 14, 2004 12:19PM
Anonymous User
Hi christo,

Did you find any camping sites and can you recommend any. We are touring that region during June / July 2004.

Regards

Fanie
 Reply  Quote

Inhambane Camping
January 14, 2004 12:47PM
By CHRISTO
Hi Fanie

We went to Barra Reef about 30Km from Inhambane and eventually stayed in the challets (reed huts). I can recommend that entire area. We found that camping anywhere along the coast from Barra point all the way sounth past Tofo, Coconut Bay, Jungamo, Guinjutta are unbelievable for camping remotely with limited but sufficient amenities. Most things are available in the town of Inhambane and it is not necessary to cart tralers full of foodstuff with, with the exception of meat, chease & milk (if you intend to eat meat) The diving, snorkling, spearfishing, etc. are unbelievable.

Camp sites we visited that I can recommend are firstly, just 50Km north of Maputo on the way is a spot called Casa Lisa, not well marked but an excellent overnight spot if you would like to hit the boarder post in mid afternoon (the quitest time) and stop over on route. Then we spent time past Inhambane only and White Sands - increadible, Barra Reef - Increadible, Barra Lodge - five star with a pool but camping without a sea view, Lighthouse camping on the point and high above the sea with the best view, beach entrance and very good snorkling, Coconut Bay, best snorkling with close reef.

There is also a very nice hotel Marinos at Tofu, right on the beach.

If you would like to discuss, call me on 09268 617 5254 during the week. I have some good digital photos as well if you are interested.

Happy hunting

Christo
 Reply  Quote

South Africa By Road - Adventures
May 20, 2004 07:19AM
By sam
Dear Christo,

We are a group of friends from Mombasa, Kenya, travelling to South Africa by road via Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland and returning via Zimbabwe, Zambia and Tanzania. Since we are on adventurous tour we would like to camp all the places except Cape Town where we are booking Tudor Hotel. Pls advise us on camp sites in Mozambique and other countries that are on our route. Following is the route we shall be on: Dar-Es Salaam, Mbeya, Lilongwe, Blantyre, Beira, Xai-Xai, Maputo, Mbabane, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Kimberly, Jo’Berg, Pretoria, Petersberg, Bulawayo, Victoria Falls (Zim), Lusaka, Mbeya, Morogoro, Arusha and back to Mombasa. Our Journey starts on 3rd July and ends on 27th July 2004.

Since we are travelling a Mini Bus that can accommodate 18 pax, we still have room for 8 more ppl. If anybody interested in joining our group, they are most welcome. My contacts are +254722724919 (Mobile).

SAM
 Reply  Quote

Xai-Xai
February 17, 2009 02:27PM
By Vera
Admin
Visit this page of our website:

http://www.africaguide.com/accomm/index.php?LocationID=288

Hotel/accommodation in other parts of Mozambique can be viewed here
http://www.africaguide.com/accomm/index.php?LocationID=35
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map