The Africa Guide - AfricaGuide.com
The Africa Guide - AfricaGuide.com
HOME | CONTACT US | LINK TO US | NEWS LETTER | AFFILIATES
TOURS & SAFARIS | GUIDE TO AFRICA | FORUMS | SHOP | ACCOMMODATION | PHOTO LIBRARY | CLASSIFIEDS

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

buying or leasing land in mozambique

Posted by vaughan 
buying or leasing land in mozambique
November 12, 2005 12:34PM
I'm looking into leasing Or buying beachfront land in mozambique, preferably in the north towards Pemba, but open to sugestions. land needed aprox. 1km square to build a lodge.
any sugestion and help would be great

Land in Vilanculos: Bazerutto Islands
May 22, 2006 04:17PM
Dear Vaughan,

We are expats living here for 4 years - there is
lots of opportunity here for investment depending on what you would like to do, be very weary of anyone trying to sell and re-sell, as in Moz you cannot own the land: Goverment owns it but you can have a 99 year lease if you develop. Please contact us as I have some great leads for you. Some already established and some private homes. give us a call on + 258 82 301 3300 or above email
regards,
Drew and Heather Flight
leads
September 01, 2006 02:20PM
Hope you dont mind me butting in but can you supply any leads? I am looking to beach investment
Nesar de Sol
September 27, 2006 12:34PM
Dear Drew & Heather

I'm hoping that you can help me with more details re a camping site called Nesar de Sol. The area it's located in was previously called Mesano/Masano.

Thanks

Christa
99 year leases & investment
September 30, 2006 01:17PM
Dear Drew & Heather.

If you would be so kind as to answer our questions, I should be most grateful.

My wife and I are researching the investment opportnities in Mozambique in tourism.

I understand that there is no land ownership and that 99 year leases are the way it works. The issue of land is relevant to us because we would be interested in a lease which would allow us to set up a beach campsite with a view to possibly building a lodge over time if we were successful.

Would you be so kind as to help us with the relevant people/organisations/government bodies to contact in order to learn more about what is available and how to go about acquiring the right to set something up?

Kind Regards.
Michael Parker

Land acquisition in Mozambique
October 04, 2006 05:42AM
The land and investment laws of Mozambique can be obtained in the English version from Mozlegal in Maputo.

Foreigners may obtain the right of use and benefit of the land provided they have a properly authorized investment project (investment law of Mozambique)and five years of legal residency as an inmigrant for individual persons --- corporations, incorporated under the Mozambican law, can apply for land in Mozambique from the date of their incorporation. Foreigners (including companies incorporated outside Mozambique) can form and incorporate a company in Mozambique; and it is not compulsory to have a Mozambican partner. A company in Mozambique, for the purpose of investments and land acquisition, is considered to be a foreign person when more than 50% of its shares are in the hands of foreign individuals or corporate persons.

Land is the property of the State and cannot be sold. Holders of the land may, however, sell the improvements on the land. The sale and purchase transactions and the whole investment process require the assistance of professionals as they involve: negotiations with the seller and formulation of contractual documentation, community consultations, district administrators'approvals, submission of a business plan or feasibility study for approval by the Ministry of Planning and Development, land registration and demarcation, registration of the authorized investment with the Central Bank of Mozambique, environmental impact studies, building licenses obtained by a builder with a license for the building of commercial dwellings, etc. Many people take Mozambique as a banana republic and mistake its highly organized system as bureaucratic, thereby making fatal mistakes that lead to fines and endless grief.

Serious investors do not experience grief when they handle their investments professionally.
Anonymous User
Buying land/ investing in Mozambique
March 07, 2007 05:11PM
>Dear Drew & Heather.
>If you would be so kind as
>to answer our questions, I should
>be most grateful.
>My wife and I are researching the
>investment opportnities in Mozambique in tourism.
>
>I understand that there is no land
>ownership and that 99 year
>leases are the way it works.
>The issue of land is relevant
>to us because we would be
>interested in a lease which would
>allow us to set up a
>beach campsite with a view to
>possibly building a lodge over time
>if we were successful.
>Would you be so kind as to
>help us with the relevant people/organisations/government
>bodies to contact in order to
>learn more about what is available
>and how to go about acquiring
>the right to set something up?
>
>Kind Regards. Michael Parker
>
Dear Michael>

>I am aware of many people who have set up businesses in Vilanculos area, but some are now finding it preferable to use a resident Mozambican as a 'front man' in order to avoid the costly process of applying for residency.

I am also aware that the government is more supportive of the building of luxury tourist facilities and tends to discourage those aimed at the budget traveller or backpacker. Nevertheless, many backpackers come to Mozambique seeking this type of accommodation.

I myself am aware of many pieces of land for sale, as well as some hotel projects looking for investors. Please contact me if you would like to know more.

regards,

Nina

Beach and Riverfront Property in Inhassoro, Mozambique
May 17, 2007 08:21AM
Hi there,

Looking for buyers/investors for a stunning 2.15 ha beach and riverfront property in Inhassoro, Mozambique. Close proximity to the Bazaruto Archipelago and all diving and deep sea fishing areas. Please see website for more details: http://www.tadpohl.com/rio_graca
Jed
Propeties
June 13, 2007 06:44PM
Dear Nina

I myself am looking at land on the beachfront near Maputo to buy in order to set up a camp site, lodge and restaurant. If you could please mail me details on the land available for purchase in all areas as I am going there to have a look very soon. Also any info you might have on the purchasing formalities and maybe some address's of the Government departmants I should vistit in order to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Jed

Many thanks
Jed
PROPERTY IN MOZAMBIQUE
July 24, 2007 11:27AM
Hi All,

We are in the process of purchasing a property in Mozambique. The question I have is when is the property able to be transferred. As it was a vacant piece we have been told that we need to build one building on the property so that there is infrastructure on the land once this has been done the land can be transferred into our name. We have met many other people who only fenced their land in with local material, submitted plans for approval and once approved were able to transfer the property into their name.

Any advice in this regard would be much appreciated.

tx

Moncia
property in mozambique
July 25, 2007 05:34AM
monica, where did you get the vacant piece from?
was this a private owner or from the government?
did you pay anybody?
there is a long process before the land is put onto your name, such as will it be used for residential use or bussiness? coordinates must be taken, tipographia map, plans,environmental study, project description, DUAT papers,etc.
how far did you get the above? after all this you will be able to use the land.
regards
ansie
TRANSFERRING OF LAND IN MOZAMBIQUE
July 25, 2007 06:35AM
Hi Ansie,

This is a vacant piece of land which is privately owned and the owner has the title deeds. He also owns a number of properties along the coast and has houses situated in Tofinho. We have paid money for it. This will be used for business - chalets and a resturant/bar. We have registered a business which is waiting to be gazetted. We have got out finance neut numbers and have opened a business bank account. The environmental impact study had already been done and a environmental licence for the said property has been issued. A project and plans have been submitted and the construction licence should be issued any day now. What i am needing to know is when can the land be transferred into our name.

What is a DUAT?

thanks for your reply
Monica
transferring of land in mozambique
August 04, 2007 06:15PM
Hi Monica,

After your business have appeared in the gazette, you need to go and buy a copy, then take it to the local offices of where the land is, then you will have to get a form to fill in and attach a copy of the gazette, also copies of your passports, maps, plans and projects. Then your local chief will fill in the form, make a few copies of everything, and then it will be sent to Maputo. When all that papers return from Maputo, you take it to the Agricultural office, and then the land will be transferred onto your name, that is the DUAT. The piece of paper wich states that the piece of land is on your name.

Hope this will be of any help!!

Regards,
Ansie
DUAT
September 03, 2007 06:44PM
Hi Monica

The acronym DUAT in Portuguese stands for "Direito de uso e Aproveitamento de Terra"
translating aproximately into english as The land Usage title document i.e The document that gives the title holder the "Right of use for development and improvement of the Land"

Kind regards
Gavin

LAND REGISTRATION
September 04, 2007 06:27AM
Hi there,

Thanks for all the info - i haven't really been able to find any place on the net which actually gives the exact procedure for purchasing land in Mozambique.

We have the approved building license and are going through the process of registration with the Conservator de Registar, and payment to the Fiscal department.

Regards

Monica
Land in Vilanculos
January 25, 2008 10:36AM
Dear Drew and Heather Flight

I accidently stumbled across your message above while doing a property search. My friend and I are also looking to "purchase" property in Vilanculos. We are battleing however to find property in the town itself. We are also looking for Beach front property as close to the town as possible. Do you have any contacts such as Estate agents in that area?
We are also trying to make contact with the local Municipality and Town Planning Department but have had no luck as yet.

If you would be willing to pass on any contact numbers or information to us it would be such a great help. We love Vilanculos and would love to open a little shop/restuarant/bar there in a couple of years. We really just need a bit of help figuring out how to go about obtaining land/permits/leases etc.

We hope this message finds you well after the Cyclone in early January. All the best.

Sincerely,

Tandy
Property in Vilankulos area
February 05, 2008 02:01PM
see www.mahangate.co.za
land and property in ponta de ouro
April 17, 2008 08:30AM
Hi
i can offer you a beachfront land in ponta de ouro,ponta mamoli,and property in ponta de ouro.my email reivax59@hotmail.com
regards
Humberto
still look for property ? come and fill your dreams
May 28, 2008 11:05AM
I need investors to share with me in building a 20 - 40 chalet selfcatering 5 star resort north of Pemba next to a river with lovely white beaches , lots of fishing , snorkeling and diving potensial, You can own your own chalet or buy into the concept(chalets)or buy a %share of the resort .

If you are interested , this will sell fast please e-mail me.
agriculture land required
May 31, 2008 08:28PM
Hi, Guys,

I am looking for a 200 acres of agri culture land in mozambique, for maize or milli meal crop ,

can any body , help in this, how to approach, what is the requirements,

i want to use this land only for agri purpose,

regards
kiran budde

Interested
June 10, 2008 08:59AM
Hi,
I'm interested in the investment opportunity you have to offer in Mozambique. Would it be possible to please e-mail me more info. Prices, square metres of the Chalets ect.
I am looking to buy land in mozambique and want to open up a dive school
June 25, 2008 08:52AM
Hi
I am looking to buy land in mozambique and start up a dive school there, I am from south africa and my partner is from the UK, what is the deal with buying land if we are not from mozambique.
I would appreciate any information you could give me regarding this.
kind regards
stormy
Hi Stormy

Me and a partner is in the process already of obtaing land in Mozambique. 20ha, 500m beach and for sure a dive school would be most welcome.
Maybe we can combine our forces and become a team ?

Regards
Land in Vilanculos / Morrungulo
September 01, 2008 05:30PM
Hi Drew, Heather

I know this is a follow on from a really old email, but if you are around and are able to give me any info it would be much appreciated.
I am looking for beachfront land, ideally in Vilanculos, to build a lodge.
I know there are complications with the language and the 99 year land leases - do you have any idea how to go about applying for land, as well as business licences etc. I have heard that the Moz government may also be looking into land ownership options for those who are serious about developing the local community - or is that just hearsay?
I have SA and UK citizenship so can use whichever is easier if it makes a difference.

Any info would be a great help.
Thanks
Carol
Beach Front Property in Mozambique
September 14, 2008 05:57PM
LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-08 AT 07:03 PM (GMT)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-14-08 AT 06:58 PM (GMT)

We have 5 Hecters beach front property, on the other side of the bay from Maputo, we are interested in investors.

investment opportunity
December 08, 2008 02:49PM
Hi!

We have many investment opportunity. Tourism project or building.

Please contact us !

Thanks
starting a backpackers in ponta
December 19, 2008 11:09AM
Hi There you sound like a person who knows a lot about doing business in Mozambique. I am a young entrepreneur who fell in love with Mozambique the first time I visited. I am very keen to start backpackers in Ponta Da Ora but I have no idea where to even begin. I know that there are many properties in the village that could be redone and built up nicely but who do I speak to? I also want to find out how expensive things are, property, building supplies ect... Basically I would just love to know where to get information on these sorts of things. Any help would be great. Thanks!
RESORT/SHAREING
February 23, 2009 11:21AM
Dear Friend,

Pls write back at: xapowo at hotmail dot com

Pls give me details of what it will cost to establish small resort over there at the beach
or another small import/export business.

And what is the scope of selling CEMENT in Mozambique?

Tks
AHMED
SETUP SMALL BUSINESS IN MOZAMBIQUE
February 23, 2009 11:25AM
I am looking for the possibillities of establishing a small import/trading business in Mozambiqaue to import and sell CEMENT and other related material.

Can someone give me details of what minimum expenses will be involved in this business and what are the possibilities of this?
I can also consider partnership with some good invester.

Pls write back to xapowo at hotmail dot com

Tks

Beachfront Lodges
March 24, 2009 10:33AM
Looking for investors in beachfront lodges south of Bazaruto Archipelago. 18 stunning sites up for grabs. Please respond to email link.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

TOURS & SAFARIS | AFRICA MAP | GUIDE TO AFRICA | FORUMS | SHOP | ACCOMMODATION | PHOTO LIBRARY | CLASSIFIEDS
Safaris in Africa |  Tours in Africa |  Overlanding in Africa |  Adventure Holidays in Africa |  Volunteer in Africa |  Beach Holidays in Africa

copyright © 2014 africaguide.com All rights reserved