Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Backpackers accomodation

Places to stay - Mozambique trip
June 26, 2004 11:06AM
Anonymous User
Hi, I am going start traveling Mozambique beginning 1st August. I will start in Maputo, heading up North passing Xai-Xai, Inhambane, Vilankulos, Chimoio, Tete and then enter Malawi. If anybody of you has information about cheap places to stay (or for free) or any campsites availabel I would be happy you get back to me. I will travel with my own tent.

Thanx,

Katja
 Reply  Quote

re: Accommodation in Mozambique
June 29, 2004 06:37PM
Anonymous User
Hi Katya
We were in Mozambique in 2001, so things may have changed, but I would recommend the following places (I hope that they are all still there as we are planning another trip):

In Maputo there is "The Base", a very clean, friendly Backpackers Lodge, with shared dorms for about 6 people or they do have a couple of twin rooms, but no camping.

Near Inhambane on the coast is Tofo, we camped at Bamboozi Backpackers, just in the dunes by the beach - gorgeous. Very simple place with a beach front bar that serves lovely food, and we paid about 60,000 meticais per night (for two people).
Lastly in Vilankulo we camped in a beautiful spot at Vilankulo Baobab Beach, it also has little huts in the trees.

I hope all of these places still exist, we found when we went that some places had just changed names a few times, so they might be there but called something else. It is the sort of country that you can travel in and just arrange accomodation as you go, we never had to book ahead, all the locals and other travellers always tell you where there are rooms or camping. Have a lovely trip!

Regards, Chantal
 Reply  Quote

Mozambique
July 16, 2004 09:11PM
Anonymous User
Hello Chantal,

thank you very much for your information. It helps knowing that.

Thanx for the wishes, too!

Regards,

Katja
http://africa.kligys.com
 Reply  Quote

hello Katja
August 02, 2004 12:29PM
Anonymous User
hello dear katja.

Infact u have lots of place to stay ..in maputo u have a backpakcers call fatimas places...its too cheap and clean place and they localize in the nice place in maputo. In xai xai u have a camp site on the beach u can put there your tend.

In Tofo u have lçots of places u have fatimas place too, u can have the fatimas tranport from maputo to tofo
anda than in vilanculos u have lots of places too.

If u whant more information i cam help u ...my emasil its Omardine@hotmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Backpackers accomodation
October 19, 2004 01:25PM
By werner
To whom it may concern

We are 3 students from South Africa that want to visit Mozambique as from 25/11/2004 to 05/12/2004. Our plans is to travel by bus (Translux) from Johannesburg to Maputo. Will you be able to tell me if we are able to cross the border with an emergency passport? Also will we need a visa to enter mozambique?

I would appreciate it if you could send me an email address of The Base backpackers and a phone number would be helpful.

Thank you for your time

Yours sincerely
W. vd Westhuizen
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map