Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Move to Morocco

Move to Morocco
February 19, 2006 02:29PM
By Hazel
Hi, I am looking for a new life in Agadir or Essaouira. I want to buy a property and / or a business (in tourism) there. I need lots of help and advice! I have a budget of £60,000 - £120,000 and lots of tourism related experience (especially bar and restaurant work).

Or, I would like to drop out of the "rat race" altogether and just live very simply there.

I am open to any possibilities!!!

Please email me.
 Reply  Quote

Eljadida is beautiful city
February 20, 2006 11:25AM
Anonymous User
Hello,
First of all as a Moroccan citizen , I would like to welcome you to my beautiful country.Eljadida is very interesting city , it exists on the coast , it has very nice golden beaches like Sidi Bouzid beach.
I went there on October with a foreign friend who is interested in buying an appartment in Eljadida.The price varies according to the location , we asked about prices in some housing-offices , it costs from 45 000 to 50 000 Euros.
If you are interested , please feel free to email me and I will help as much as possible.
with my best regards to you
sincerely,
 Reply  Quote

Property in Essaouira
February 23, 2006 01:23PM
What ever your plans are, you couldn't have picked a better place. My husband and I have been living here just over one year (from the UK)and we LOVE it. Property prices are shooting up all the time, but there are still some hidden gems that are affordable. If you contact our good friend Salah at abouayoub50@hotmail.com he will be able to find you what you are looking for. I can recommend him 100%.
GOOD LUCK
 Reply  Quote

living in morocco
March 05, 2006 05:10PM
By colsha
Hi ive been looking at the forum and came across your email.I hope you dont mind me writing to you.We are an english couple who are coming out to morocco in April 2006 hoping to make plans to get married.Within the next year we hope to be living in morocco but are unsure in what process we need to follow.We were looking at the coast area near Safi,Agadir or slightly inland.We have looked on other sites they say that if you stay longer than three months you need a visa.Any info would be greatly apreciated.
 Reply  Quote

living in Morocco
March 05, 2006 05:48PM
Hello,
Firstly you need to decide where you want to live, Living in a town or city has its advantages, as You may not find any English spoken in the countryside. You are only allowed to stay 3 months then you must leave the country, It's good if you want to visit Spain for some shopping, but a bit of a costly exercise otherwise. Once you have found somewhere to live you should apply to the local immigration police for a residence permit. you will need 10 photos and a Moroccan bank account, prefferably with a few thousand pounds in it. The forms are in French.
Good luck with your forth comming marriage.
 Reply  Quote

permit
March 05, 2006 06:09PM
By Hazel
Hi!

How easy is it to get a permit? What are the criteria? Do you need one to work also?

Thanks

Hazel
 Reply  Quote

permits
March 05, 2006 10:41PM
Hello,
Its easy to apply for a residence permit, but you will need to have a place to live, and a monthly direct debit into a Moroccan bank account.
Hope this info helps you.
 Reply  Quote

living and working in morocco
April 23, 2006 08:56AM
Hi Hazel
my name is mitzi i'm also planing to emergrate to Morocco this year. I have lots of information which will help you and may save you time and money.
It would be nice chat with someone whos has the dream.
 Reply  Quote

Hello Hazel and Mitzi. My name is Nancy and I have been living in Essaouira for the past 6 years from the U.S...California.
I will tell you that nothing is easy here. But there is great charm in everything. Most days I think it is all worth it.
Land and housing prices are soaring. You must , especailly as a (lone?) western woman, be Very Careful who you trust..generally, no one. At least at first. Dont ever say how much money you have to spend. Never. And talk to a lot of other europeans who have lived here a few years. Especially single women. Because of the rising land prices, there are con artists abounding ,mostly Moroccan, but plenty of europeans too. So be very careful and cautious. Rent for as long as you need to. Dont be in a hurry. I love Essaouira because it is a charming , laid back and elegant little beach community and is only an easy 2 hours from Marrakech. The two cities together are a lovely combination. Feel free to write back to me if you have any questions and if you are already here, I would be happy to meet you.
Best Wishes ...Bon Chance..
NANCY
 Reply  Quote

Interested in Moving to Morocco
June 16, 2006 11:22PM
Anonymous User
Nancy,

I read your post to Hazel regarding moving to Morocco. I am also originally from California, now living in Washington state. I fell in love with Morocco the first time I visited and the last time I visited it was hard to leave. What took you to Morocco? I would need to find employment and would be interested in any info you might have. Please email me if you have time.

Thank you, Julia
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Morocco
June 20, 2006 10:40PM
Im engaged to a moroccan man and might be moving to morocco if by some chance he cant get approved for US visa. My question to you is this .. how much is an apartment? One with a normal western style toilet. How much do apartments cost to buy? Again, only with a normal western toilet. I can't handle that turkish style toilet ... lol I like casablanca/agadir/rabat. It doesn't need to be in the center of city .. but nothing out in the middle of nowhere. Im just looking for something clean and nice. It doesn't have to be huge or anything. Just clean. It's so hard to find any information on the web pertaining to all this. Also, you never know who to trust about pricing. As soon as they hear you are american, boom .. the price just increased. I love morocco very much but living there scares me beyond anything. Life is so different. It's not bad or wrong .. just different then the United States. People are friendly but since I can't speak arabic or french .. it's a little lonely. I love my fiance so I will do whatever I need to do to be with him. I just want as much information as possible. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thx
nicole
 Reply  Quote

Re: Moving to Morocco
December 01, 2010 11:51AM
By lil_G
hi have by your appartement in morocco?
I have i nice one in mohammedia.
 Reply  Quote

bying apatment in agadir
July 03, 2006 11:13AM
hello

i have sent you email i dont know if you have recieved it ? its regading apartment in agadir
i have 1 bed &large living room shower toilet europian not turkish and big sheering terace
its on 3floor neare uni (and its fully furnished)
for juste 30 thousand pound but if dont want this one i can always help you to find what you want as im orriginll from agadir so i know the city & people very well
best wishes

hussien
 Reply  Quote

hello

i dont know if you are still intersted in buying a business in agadir ? if you are i have got 2 very good bar restaurat here in agadir one of theme is the best bar in agadir so if you are here in agadir email me and i will take you to see it as soon as possible ,because it juste come on market laste week , otherewise i got someone looking for busniss partner for an estateagent or to work as comessioner,any more info please email me as soon as possible.best wishes.hussein
 Reply  Quote

all cities are fitness
July 21, 2006 07:26PM
Anonymous User
hey dear i would like to inform you some info about morrocan cities i think both agadir and issaouira are beautiful but ( as we know the beauty is only skin in deep lol) anyway , for the busniss i prefer to choose agadir city , it's touristic city coz of seaside and of her sunny weather ,also about cutlur becasue most people here speaking berber, and other things many tousitic school are in agadir city , so here's many abilities skills .....i can tell you more but let's see what's ur chooser have nice time see u bey
 Reply  Quote

Hi nanbmaroc
August 01, 2006 10:42PM
By merlo
I am thinking of coming back to morocco to buy, but would like some leads on where and how to rent something while I look.

Thanks
 Reply  Quote

move to morocco
August 04, 2006 11:05AM
Anonymous User
Hi Hazel,
I am doing the same soon and have chosen Taghazout area close to Agadir to buy a small apt.Main reason theres surf there.I am from SA but due to crime rate have decided to leave.I have someone looking forme right now, his from Agadir and knows quite a few folk willing to sell.Where r u from??
Email me
Rgds
 Reply  Quote

long term rents
August 04, 2006 11:15AM
Hello Merlo,
If you are thinking of renting in Essaouira I can find something to meet your requirements. I am an English woman living in Essaouira, I source all kinds of properties and handicrafts, with great attention paid to your needs.

Regards
Sue
 Reply  Quote

answer from south of morocco
August 05, 2006 10:09PM
hi hazel how are you ?
my name is omar i live in south of morocco aged 29y.o i m jobless after goting my licence in law , i d like help you to buy what you search in agadir or in essaouira , i know agadir very much so where are you now ? if you got msn messenger please send it to me for more talking ok
omar from morocco
 Reply  Quote

Finding a rental property
August 16, 2006 06:25AM
Hi Sue,
I hope you don't mind me asking for your help. I am coming to Essaouira at the beginning of October for 5 to 6 months, with my son ( 26 yrs) & 2 small dogs. I am considering buying a property but would like to test the water first so I need somewhere to rent. Would you be able to help me find a house to rent ?
Kind regards,
Olivia
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Essaouira
September 09, 2006 11:48AM
By Mogador
Hi Oliviamock,
First of all, i'm asking for permission to jump in to this discussion.
My name is Abe, a real estate agent based in Essaouira, i've been helping so many europeans and and northern americans renting out and buying oproperties in the Medina of Essaouira and the countryside surrounding the city.
I just saw your posting and i thought i could help.
Renting a small house in the Medina is absolutely possible especially at this time of the year, since summer time is the busiest.
You also have the choice of renting a modern appartment by the beach outside the Medina ( 10 minutes walk to the Medina). When i say the Medina that means the old town.
For a furnished traditional house in the Medina, you should expect at least 2000 moroccan Dirhams a month, depending on it's shape, location and how furnished it is. Some thing descent would be around 3000 DHs amonth ( 300 euros ).
I personally like the idea of moving here and renting first. That way, chances of letting some one - either a land lord or an estate agent - take you for a ride are slim.
The good thing about your plan is that you're getting here in the slow season, which will help you find exactly what you're looking for.
Please, feel free to drop me an email if you think i could help.
 Reply  Quote

western women in morocco
September 25, 2006 03:45PM
By kimchik
Nancy,

i hope you don't find this too intrusive, but how do you support yourself in morocco? i read your post many months ago and i go back to it often but this question plagues me. i am a lone new york woman and i don't have a career/job that would easily travel with me. . .
i was in essaouira in april of this year and i just can't stop thinking about it. any advice would be swell.
thanks!
kimchi
 Reply  Quote

Buying in Agadir
October 30, 2006 08:25PM
Hello Hazel

wish you good luck...in case you would like to buy in Agadir( a touristic city with a nice beach), i would be of great help you.I can give you information about where t buy and help you with all administartive procedures bearing in mind that most solicitors here do not speak English.So you need someone to translate for you. if you like to answer back , email me at : Wafolki@yahoo.com

take care
 Reply  Quote

hi !
November 26, 2006 03:41PM
hello Hazel
first! hope and wish ur feeling will be and get all ur best wishes and succeess in ur business here in morocco and especialy in agadir or essaouira , the same in marrakech.
a l read ur msg l see that u intersted to ge business.
here in agdir u can get all u want just u must know in which business u want to get ever in restaurant or traveling agency......
if u need any help please do not worry l can do all the best for u to help u and give u some advices .
ok l wanna leave now my msg and said u good lucky to ur business.
abdou
 Reply  Quote

morocco
July 19, 2007 02:00PM
By jaei
Hi nanbmaroc, I guess ur not here no more but I live in Maryland and I want my brother to join me, but since it is hard to that from Guinea, (my brother is 18 and lives in Guinea). I liked ur comments because u explained what are the cons and pros and I like that. I want my brother to study in morocco so any suggestions on the school life there. He will have to get an apartment of his own I want to know how to go from Guinea and how much will cost and is it allowed to study there. Anything from anybody will be helpful. thaniks
 Reply  Quote

info needed about moving to morocco
October 31, 2007 07:46PM
Hello, my name is Cathy. I am an american living in michigan with my moroccan husband. His immigration case for permanent residence was recently denied and we are looking into our options. His family live just outside casablanca in a city called mohammedia. Luckily, housing wouldnt be a concern as his father owns an apartment complex. However, I would love to hear from someone who has made the move to morocco. Im curios as to what adjustments need to be made from a life in the US to one in morocco and what I should expect. Also, I am concerned about what sort of employment opportunities are there for me. I am currently studying education but have not yet graduated. would there be employment opportunities there without a degree?

Thank you very much for any feedback.
Cathy
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Moroco
January 04, 2008 11:30AM
Anonymous User
>Hello, Firstly you need to decide where
>you want to live, Living in
>a town or city has its
>advantages, as You may not find
>any English spoken in the countryside.
>You are only allowed to stay
>3 months then you must leave
>the country, It's good if you
>want to visit Spain for some
>shopping, but a bit of a
>costly exercise otherwise. Once you have
>found somewhere to live you should
>apply to the local immigration police
>for a residence permit. you will
>need 10 photos and a Moroccan
>bank account, prefferably with a few
>thousand pounds in it. The forms
>are in French. Good luck with
>your forth comming marriage.
 Reply  Quote

SCHOOL IN AGADIR
January 04, 2008 08:04PM
By ANNA123
HI THERE I AM PLANING TO MOVE TO AGADIR FROM CANADA I BOUGHT FEW YEARS A GO A HOUSE SO I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD ENGLISH SCHOOL OR EVEN FRENCH DEPENDS ON THE PRICES

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFORMTAION ABOUT SCHOOL FOR MY 11 AND 7 YEARS KIDS

I WILL BE REALLY THANKFUL
 Reply  Quote

Agadir
January 12, 2008 03:51AM
By fali
Hi ANNA

English school in Agadir:

http://www.aisagadir.com/

Frensh school in Agadir:

http://www.mission-laique.asso.fr/reseaux/continents.html

Good luck
 Reply  Quote

Life is difficult here
February 05, 2008 02:48PM
By Momo81
I think it's better for you to stay in USA than coming here to Morocco and you'd better for your husband to fix his problem. Life here is difficult and chance of employment are less since you're not a native. Mot people speak Arabic and second lauguage here is french...Life is hard here and you both won't get what you want here... I think it's better for ur husband to get a lawyer to fix his problem and he has the right to get a permanent residence since you're a citizen... Check out: travel.state.gov and u will find any information u need for getting a permanent residence
Good Luck
Momo
For more information contact me at: nejjarimoha@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Well, try to check and you will find out
February 05, 2008 02:55PM
By Momo81
Hi Anna
Well, to find a good school for your kids in Agadir is not that difficult since Agadir is not that big city... Well, I don't think there is some English school here but there American Language center and your kids can get English language lessons there the same also with French language. There is French language center here called "IFA) and they provide french courses but most schools here kids learn Arabic and french and english in some schools.
For more information please contact me at: nejjarimoha@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

schools
February 07, 2008 10:34AM
Hi
I moved to Agadir last year with the same concerns as you, regarding schools. My daughter, age 4 started at a french school Blaise Pascal, she could not speak a word of French, but the teachers and staff all speak English as well, within 4 months she was speaking very good french, and picking up Arabic from a play mates. Next year she will start to learn Arabic as part of her school curriculum as well as French.
Blaise Pascal is 850 dirhams a month with a one off insurance payment of 1500 dirhams for the year. You also have to provide school books, pens, paper etc for your child for the year, the school gives you a list of things required, it cost us for this year 420 dirhams, so not expensive. Most schools provide transport depending on the area you live, you will have to check with individual schools as to the type of service they provide.
Hope this helps.
Any more info use the SEND ME AN EMAIL link under my posting.
 Reply  Quote

Essaouira
March 11, 2008 09:29PM
Hi Nancy
I read your post in the forum, and I find out that you are still in Essaouira. Im looking forward to buy a property there for business.
Would you please get back to me.
Thanks in advance
 Reply  Quote

move to morocco
March 18, 2008 01:54AM
Anonymous User
Hi hazel... hope your quest to a new life in morocco is bearing well.. i have travelled morocco for the last 6 years picking up knowledge as i go. we hope to relocate there from the uk soon and if any of the information we have aquired can be of help please get in contact..likewise you moght be able to help us.. morocco is a wonderful country but can be difficult... lol.... colin
 Reply  Quote

Hi, I am looking for a new life in Agadir or Essaouira. I want to buy a property and / or a business (in tourism) there. I need lots of help and advice! I have a budget of £60,000 - £120,000 and lots of tourism related experience (especially bar and restaurant work).
Or, I would like to drop out of the "rat race" altogether and just live very simply there.

I am open to any possibilities!!!

Please email me.

HiHazel,

There is an appartmenet to sell :4th floor, 60m², 01 bed-room, 02 living-rooms, a bath room (shower+WC), open kitchen, europeen style appartment. facilities:lifts, calme area in a new site, exceptionnal rate which you can also negociate.

send me an e-mail: elrhasna@hotmail.com

Ninati
 Reply  Quote

Moving to Morocco
May 25, 2008 03:07PM
Dear Nancy,

I am an African American woman who is visiting Morocco from around June 8-June 30. I want to attend the music festival from 26-29 June.

I would like to rent a house or small apartment during my stay in Essaouira. I need high speed internet access 24 hours a day.

Since you live there I was hoping you might be able to give me some ideas on where to stay and how long is long enough to get a sense of living in Morocco with occasional forays to Marrakesh.

Do you stil live there? How do you like it?

Kemi
 Reply  Quote

Taghazout apartments
June 17, 2008 05:49AM
Hey!

Im a surfer from south africa and im wanting to slow down in life. all my mates who have been to Morocco say its the best place.

How much are cheap apartments to RENT in Taghazout. im just a surfer who wants to chill in this beautiful country for as long as possiblesmiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

taghazout
June 17, 2008 06:02AM
By maurice
Greetings bro,
I'm also from SA,but living in France and moving to Taghazout or Tamraght(next village).write to
laurence.metivier@yahoo.fr she will help u out for rental or buying.Mention my name.she's a real estate agent.
I'm buying me a place there,small hse close to the beach R600k.By the way,I'm not sure how long the Moroccans will allow u to stay there,I think only 3 mnths.Ask Laurence she will know.I have a French passport.Grt surf there bro,quite and cheap.
Where u from???
cheers
Maisch
 Reply  Quote

shot!
June 17, 2008 06:53AM
Shot mate!

Ya, im just a student so the buying scene wont work out for me. Ya, i also have french passport. will that be in my favour?

Im from EL hey!
cheers
 Reply  Quote

tag
June 17, 2008 07:05AM
By maurice
no problem with Fr passport enjoy the trip cheers
Longboarder from CT.
 Reply  Quote

business opportunity
June 28, 2008 10:02AM
Anonymous User
we can discuss any business if you want to be involved in
 Reply  Quote

jobs in agadir
July 02, 2008 07:39PM
Anonymous User
Hi all,
I am a UK citizen who is moving to Agadir at the end of August - just wondered if anyone had any tips for settling in, finding work etc?
Thanks,
Kelly smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

Setting up a Business on the coast
July 12, 2008 12:30PM
By lesleye
Hi, I'm thinking of moving to the coast near Essaouira to set up a tourist business and wondered if its possible to find a rental property with a 1-2 year lease? Ideally it would have several bedrooms and some garden ground. Also, does anyone know how much something like this would cost? If anyone knows of any specific properties which would suit please send me an email with details?
Thanks, Lesley
 Reply  Quote

hi hazel i can help u
August 13, 2008 01:12AM
hello hazel we have an appartement in agadir for sell betwine60.000euro and 160.000euro if u wanna come and buy one ur welcome u can contact me +21267425365
 Reply  Quote

looking for work
November 03, 2008 03:50AM
Hi . I am a canadian who is married to a man from Morocco. I am looking to find work in Casablanca. I speak, write english and french. Im also a Home Support Worker , working with elderlies in health care and children with special needs. I would take any work at all. Is there a site where I might find some posting for work. I want to move within a month. Any help would greatly be appreciated... Thank You.... Lucy
 Reply  Quote

hello
November 04, 2008 05:27PM
Anonymous User
Dear sir ,
I'm from Casablanca city in Morocco .I would like to be your partner , but I have some questions for you . I hope to hear from you .
Saîd .
 Reply  Quote

living and working in essaoira
May 12, 2009 09:09PM
By shell
Hi Sue
I am an English woman also- hoping to come and live in Essaouira-what accomodation do you have-small simple clean and affordable are my requirements-\What is the situation like for work out there
I am a dancer /massage therapist /artist/child care /teacher
basically open to everything
I dont have any connections there at this point
hope we can connect
 Reply  Quote

living and working in essaouira
May 12, 2009 09:22PM
By sue
I would be happy to give you any information you need about living in Morocco,
We have been here for over four years, and I can tell you that being a resident
is quite a different experience than just visiting from time to time. I can go
into it more should you wish..
For the Basics, Unless you apply for residency you will need leave the country
every 3 months for visa renewals. For a residents permit you will need a
convertible Moroccan bank account with regular deposits from overseas or a lump
sum.
Accommodation; I don't think you'd have a problem finding a long term rental in the New Town, Prices are much cheaper and the accommodation is modern.
Employment; Most expats that live here are either self employed or retired, it
would depend on your skills but with so many unemployed graduates it is hard to
find work. If you were on a tourist visa, it would be illegal to work !!!
So I am sorry I have given you mostly negatives, but you know all the positives
anyway.

Please write back if you would like more information..
best wishes
Sue
 Reply  Quote

August 27, 2009 02:09PM
By amil
hi
i have the solotion for u "club evasion "a new club in agadir sells villas & business yourisem please contact me amil-fz@hotmail.com
 Reply  Quote

August 29, 2009 02:42AM
Great Posting Momo81:

>I think it's better for you to stay in USA than coming here to Morocco and you'd better for your husband to fix his problem. Life here is difficult and chance of employment are less since you're not a native.

You are a very wise person and you give good advice Momo. Bravo.
 Reply  Quote

August 29, 2009 02:45AM
By the way, a lot of people are now leaving Essaouira and moving down to Merleft. It seems that Merleft is becoming the cool place to live in Morocco right now.
 Reply  Quote

November 17, 2009 12:37PM
please contact to a property dealing consultant and a bussiness development consultants....it is more beneficial for you...

[]
 Reply  Quote

November 24, 2009 08:09AM
travel2india Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> please contact to a property dealing consultant and a bussiness development consultants....it is more beneficial for you...

More beneficial for them, you mean. Word of mouth, knowledge of Arabic and this Africa Guide forum is better than both of your suggestions - and free too. People are sick and tired of being scammed by so-called "experts."
 Reply  Quote

November 25, 2009 03:40PM
Hi Hazel:
I have a place in the High Atlas by Tin Mal. We have been building it for 4 years. Its beautiful up there year round. The sceenery is breath taken. Let me know if you are interested. There is paved roads right to the property. You could either rent it or buy it. I am from Canada and my husband is there now, still working on it. Email me back if you want pics or more information
 Reply  Quote

December 25, 2009 07:23PM
Hi,
I'm a British Asian Muslim and intending to marry my fiancée from agadir and hopefully settle somewhere in Morocco for short to medium term,bearing in mind my fiancée is not keen in agadir,her home town for personal reasons.I'm currently working here in UK,as a freelance translator/proofreader( fluent in classical Arabic,MSA,Egyptian colloquial Arabic,Urdu,and of course English)via on line,as well as a language teacher(Arabic, English,mostly) some of it on line, and a qualified interpreter, all this with over 30 odd years experience. I've lived for nearly seven years in Egypt as student and also worked there, as well as a teacher for 2 years in Jeddah,Saudi Arabia, but that was in 80's n 90's. My questions is where's the best currant place for even part time work in Morocco with low cost of living in my areas of experience and what sort of monthly income I would need to survive with my wife. I'm looking for basic but something that is clean and reasonable. I'm quite adaptable and would also be be looking for the possibility to do business of some sort if settled well.I have various interests and experience.

Please give as much info as possible, im hoping to leave sometimes after mid January 2010 on my first visit to Morocco.
 Reply  Quote

February 08, 2010 01:05PM
terjumaan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> I'm a British Asian Muslim and intending to marry my fiancée from agadir and hopefully settle somewhere in Morocco for short to medium term,bearing in mind my fiancée is not keen in agadir,her home town for personal reasons. I'm currently working here in UK,as a freelance translator/proofreader( fluent in classical Arabic, MSA,Egyptian colloquial Arabic,Urdu,and of course English)via on line,as well as a language teacher(Arabic, English,mostly) some of it on line, and a qualified interpreter, all this with over 30 odd years experience. I've lived for nearly seven years in Egypt as student and also worked there, as well as a teacher for 2 years in Jeddah,Saudi Arabia, but that was in 80's n 90's. My questions is where's the best currant place for even part time work in Morocco with low cost of living in my areas of experience and what sort of monthly income I would need to survive with my wife. I'm looking for basic but something that is clean and reasonable. I'm quite adaptable and would also be be looking for the possibility to do business of some sort if settled well.I have various interests and experience.

Hello there,

I am English and have lived in Morocco for about 8 years. My forum posts are here:
[www.africaguide.com]

Going by what you have said, I would say that the only place in Morocco where you would have a decent chance of a well paid job would be in Casablanca. Having said that, the price of rents in Casa has gone through the roof. There are now reports of people paying between 10,000 and 15,000 dirhams a month, which is very high rent indeed.

Given that you have such a fantastic CV, would it be possible for you to continue working in the UK and visit your family in Morocco say, once a month? It is very hard to get a good job that pays the kind of money that you would probably like to earn.

There are so many cheap flights now to Morocco from the UK and it is less than a 3 hours flight to most destinations from London. This would be a serious consideration for me, if I was in your position, and one that I would recommend you to consider, before throwing away your current employment in the UK.

If you might reconsider Agadir, I have a local, non commercial information website in Talborjt and am very happy to give unbiassed accurate advice on many subjects of living in Morocco.

[www.talborjt.com]

I wish you well and hope everything goes good for you.

Best Wishes,

lotuspods
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map