Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: As a UK citizen, can i marry in morocco and apply for my boyfriends visa, even if im not currently working?

Hello everyone,

I am a British muslim and new to this forum and i have only just registered. I have been reading most of the posts on this forum, even though alot date back a couple of years, but regardless, i am in the same situation. I plan to marry my Moroccan boyfriend of nearly 2 years, hopefully this summer. I have been to Morocco 5 times and on the last occasion i spent 4 months with him and his family.
I am fully aware of all the documents needed. And i am slowly in the process of getting all the papers together before i leave the UK, everyone seems to mention how lengthy the process is, the costs involved, and the length of time that would be needed to stay for the marriage, visa and paperwork to be completed.

That is not a problem for me really, my only concern is the amount of money that it will cost me as i am not currently working, and to show proof of employment and income, and i do realise this would cause a big problem in the application process??? The last time i was currently in employment was last year in November 2011. Could i not provide details of that time i was employed? It's a long shot, but this is my only big worry at the moment, also i heard somewhere that i would need to provide bank details showing my bank balance? Is this true?
I am just waiting to get all the documents together, if i had them all now i would leave next few weeks or as soon as possible, but proof of employment is holding me back.

If anyone could answer my queries as soon as possible i would be so grateful. Also could someone tell me the exact price it will cost in English pounds to complete all paperwork at the family law court? I understand the visa application will cost about £800 but i need to know all the exact costs involved, as i am not currently working and all this will cost me so much money, which is my only big worry at the moment sad smiley

So if anyone could reply to me urgently as soon as possible, either private message me or reply back to this message on here then i would be so grateful.
I look forward to hearing from you very shortly.

Thank you

Aleya
 Reply  Quote

Hi Aleya

I am in a similar situation to you know. Could you let me know what happened with regards to you not being employed when getting married. The Moroccon authorities want proof of employment. Could you please tell me what happened?
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map