Africa Guide
recommended trip :

police check for marriage

police check for marriage
August 12, 2009 07:57AM
By worried
This is a very serious thing for me!! I need help from someone who knows about the laws and all there is to do when you get married to moroccan guy in morocco. My situation is very strange. I worked in a prison and became involved in a relationship of a sexual nature in 2007 with an inmate at the prison. I was arrested for 2nd degree rape but the charges were dropped. But the District Attorney in oklahoma had to prosecute me for something so they prosecuted me for adultry because i was separated from my husband but still married at the time which is a felony in oklahoma. I had never been in trouble before not even a speeding ticket. I got a 2 year deffered sentence which means in January 2010 this will come off of my record like it didnt happen but i am not sure the arrest record or court records will be cleared. What kind of police check do you have to have is it an osbi check or actual police records. what is the check that they do from morocco what exactly does it check for. do you think i will have a problem being able to get married in morocco. my boyfriend doesnt know about my background because i dont want anyone to know about it. It was something I am ashamed of and I think that if people dont know they dont need to know because it will be off in January and I want it to be gone. I was in a very bad relationship with my husband, I was beaten and verbally abused for many years and it led to depression and low self esteem and i know i made the wrong choices getting involved with an inmate. so therefore I faced my mistake and just want to put it behind me and go on with my life. I am happier now than I have ever been in my life..and I just want to be able to get some answers on how hard it is going to be to get married so i can keep on being happy. so please if anyone has any answers for me please let me know if you dont want to post on here my email is: ilovemymoroccan@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Re: police check for marriage
August 26, 2009 04:44AM
The Moroccan government does not do a criminal record check on westerners getting married in Morocco. Don't worry about it. Be happy. Best Wishes to you!
 Reply  Quote

September 02, 2009 11:33AM
By worried
Thanks for the Best Wishes Lotuspods....So if I am from USA and my boyfriend is from Morocco and he is living in the USA and I have my passport and we go to morocco what do you have to do to get married what is the steps you take I would ask him but like i said I dont want him to know about this at all...Is that all I have to have is just my passport and ID You dont have to go to the consolate or anything...What if one day I want to move there with him what are the stipulations for that what do you have to do to live in morocco if you are married to someone from there. I just dont want this to ever come up down the road...I would be humiliated if he knew....I am just worried and want to know all the facts so that I am prepared..thanks to anyone that can share there knowledge with me....I appreciate any and all advise on this subject...I feel somewhat relieved at lotuspods comment...because I do love my boyfriend so and never want to hurt him.
 Reply  Quote

October 01, 2009 02:49PM
Hey saw your post and need you to look at the requirements for marriage in Morocco. I was married in Morocco and am now in the US with my husband and yes you do need a police record from the US.
Here is the website for you as well:[casablanca.usconsulate.gov]

Please look at it carefully and follow it.
I am at steelrose100@yahoo.com

My name is Rosie, I tried emailing to you but it never went through says your yahoo account does not exist.
 Reply  Quote

May 11, 2010 06:14AM
By ATLMAN
contact this man to help u,mrisaiah.intl.img@gmail.com thnks
 Reply  Quote

May 11, 2010 04:53PM
By intenso
Yes, you do need to produce a police check to get married in Morocco.

However, it only needs to be a basic police check and not what we call in the UK an enhanced CRB.

If the postion in the states is that this conviction will be spent shortly and will not show up on a basic check then I would wait and then submit this.

Best wishes
 Reply  Quote

August 11, 2011 04:36PM
worried - Hope everything went smoothly for you in the end.

Intenso - I need some advice from you as I am from the UK. Here is my situation:

Four years ago I got into a little trouble with the police. I was arrested and fined by the police for being "drunk and disorderly in a public place". I spent the night in local station and was let go in the morning with a hefty fine. Other than that I have never had any other trouble with the police, not even a speeding ticket. My ACPO has come back with details of this penalty as "DISPOSED".

Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
 Reply  Quote

August 23, 2011 09:41AM
worried Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a very serious thing for me!! I need help
> from someone who knows about the laws and all
> there is to do when you get married to moroccan
> guy in morocco. My situation is very strange. I
> worked in a prison and became involved in a
> relationship of a sexual nature in 2007 with an
> inmate at the prison. I was arrested for 2nd
> degree rape but the charges were dropped. But the
> District Attorney in oklahoma had to prosecute me
> for something so they prosecuted me for adultry
> because i was separated from my husband but still
> married at the time which is a felony in oklahoma.
> I had never been in trouble before not even a
> speeding ticket. I got a 2 year deffered sentence
> which means in January 2010 this will come off of
> my record like it didnt happen but i am not sure
> the arrest record or court records will be
> cleared. What kind of police check do you have to
> have is it an osbi check or actual police records.
> what is the check that they do from morocco what
> exactly does it check for. do you think i will
> have a problem being able to get married in
> morocco. my boyfriend doesnt know about my
> background because i dont want anyone to know
> about it. It was something I am ashamed of and I
> think that if people dont know they dont need to
> know because it will be off in January and I want
> it to be gone. I was in a very bad relationship
> with my husband, I was beaten and verbally abused
> for many years and it led to depression and low
> self esteem and i know i made the wrong choices
> getting involved with an inmate. so therefore I
> faced my mistake and just want to put it behind me
> and go on with my life. I am happier now than I
> have ever been in my life..and I just want to be
> able to get some answers on how hard it is going
> to be to get married so i can keep on being happy.
> so please if anyone has any answers for me please
> let me know if you dont want to post on here my
> email is: ilovemymoroccan@yahoo.com

Thanks you for the post.

Watch Zookeeper Online Free
 Reply  Quote

September 02, 2011 04:42PM
I will answer my own question here;

For UK citizens, it is best to have a basic check done as it will only list any "unspent convictions". I have had mine done now and it has come back crispy clean smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

October 24, 2014 11:43PM
morocco-rocco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will answer my own question here;
>
> For UK citizens, it is best to have a basic check
> done as it will only list any "unspent
> convictions". I have had mine done now and it has
> come back crispy clean smiling smiley

Hi need help please did u have a crb done or a police check will a crb suffice.

If not how long does the police check take in the UK.
 Reply  Quote

September 11, 2011 08:58PM
By Yahya
It's always easier to get married in USA and have the consulate of Morocco in USA stamp the marriage certificate then you will be free to travel in Morocco as married couple. It would be
easier if you convert to Islam and get an Islamic marriage certificate and have that stamped by the consulate because that is in Arabic.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map