Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Shipping from U.S. to Morocco

Shipping from U.S. to Morocco
January 21, 2003 06:47PM
Anonymous User
I am going to Morocco for a long-term stay and want to send some items that aren't appropriate to mail. For example, my drafting table.

I've been trying to learn if these things can be sent by ship from the U.S., but I can't find any information.

Does anyone know how to locate a shipping company, or better yet, have a recommendation of which one to use?

Thanks much.
 Reply  Quote

How about taking a freighter yourself?
January 22, 2003 06:42AM
Anonymous User
How about travelling by a freighter yourself, bringing it with you?
http://members.aol.com/CruiseAZ/freighters.htm
 Reply  Quote

Thanks
January 22, 2003 10:16AM
Anonymous User
An excellent link Matz, I didn`t realise there was so much choice. Certainly brings a new dimension to travelling..

Cheers

Phil J
 Reply  Quote

Sounds delicious
January 22, 2003 11:40AM
Anonymous User
Wish I could go by freighter, but due to circumstances I need to keep travel time to a minimum. Just looking for a cost-effective way to move some heavy stuff.
 Reply  Quote

shipping USA/Morocco
March 13, 2003 06:03PM
Anonymous User
You can ship by airfreight. Call Air France, British Airways, KLM, Swiss International airlines etc.. All have freight service from the USA to Morocco via Europe. It is quick, secure and not expensive. You can ship under personal effects to get the lowest price. Can you tell me from which city in the USA you will be travelling from??? maybe I can help you more.
My e-mail: moroccarts@yahoo.com
Have a safe good trip to Morocco.
 Reply  Quote

bringing things to morocco
August 04, 2003 12:14PM
Anonymous User
I am going to Morocco to be with my husband in October and I will be staying at least 4 months.I want to take my computer,which is not a lap top,but how do I do that?Which is the best and safest way? I sent my husband a small parcel from Canada and it took 2 months for him to receive it,and I don't want this to happen with the computer,any ideas who I can contact?
 Reply  Quote

Re: Shipping from U.S. to Morocco
November 19, 2010 01:52AM
The main disadvantage of rail freight is its lack of flexibility. For this reason, rail has lost much of the freight business to road transport. Rail freight is often subject to transshipment costs, since it must be transferred from one mode of transportation to another. Practices such as containerization aim at minimizing these costs.
 Reply  Quote

November 28, 2010 11:03PM
salamo 3alaykom
im willing to ship my staff from ny to morocco, anyone interested to share 40 feet or 20 feet container welcome, i have experience doing this bcause i have done it before few times. so anyone willing to ship his car, motorcycle,..etc, let me know and we talk. this is my email charafny@aol.com
 Reply  Quote

September 01, 2011 05:39PM
I know this thread is super old, but anybody needing help with international car shipping or shipping odd things like drafting tables can ship them by container. If it's a bunch of household items, then better off shipping by container.
 Reply  Quote

December 16, 2014 08:05PM
You're probably best off using a shipping container, which is a method that international shippers use to move cargo. For things like household goods and furniture, a container is ideal and can hold quite a bit. If you don't need all of the space, see if you can find someone else on here that needs something similar--maybe you can split the cost. As far as companies that offer the service, I've had good luck with A-1 Auto Transport, which regularly takes shipments form the U.S. to Morocco. They specialize in auto trans, but they also arrange for shipping containers. Hope this helps!
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map