The Africa Guide - AfricaGuide.com
The Africa Guide - AfricaGuide.com
HOME | CONTACT US | LINK TO US | NEWS LETTER | AFFILIATES
TOURS & SAFARIS | GUIDE TO AFRICA | FORUMS | SHOP | ACCOMMODATION | PHOTO LIBRARY | CLASSIFIEDS

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

i am marrying a moroccan man in morocca, what papers r needed?

Posted by spanky_angel 
moroccon marriage
June 26, 2008 12:28PM
thank you for your kind words of comfort. i am plannign to visit sometime soon, hopefully all goes well.

is it safe for a woman to travel there alone? anything i should be cautious/careful of?

Best regards
morocco
June 27, 2008 11:54AM
I think it depends on where you go, what town is he in? The big ones are quite modern and safe, and there are lots of taxis.

if you're asian (like me) you'll probably blend in a bit. if you speak french or arabic it'll be much easier for you.

i recommend just be careful of the usual tourist things! but nothing major really.
morocco
June 27, 2008 12:04PM
Hello:

he is in ##### - i am asian (indian), so i am sure looks wont be an issue smiling smiley

i am also a muslim, so i am not worried about that part. i dont speak arabic or french, but he speaks some english and that is how we have been talking.

Is it very conservative there as far as clothing goes? have you been there yourself?

morocco
June 27, 2008 12:06PM
not sure why i cant write the city name in my reply -
maybe you will receive this..

k..enit..ra
WOW
July 26, 2008 05:15AM
Men o Men!!!! Im Moroccan living in the US for 20 years , and I tell you I love it in here , specially when it comes to any documents that you need. You get them right away, because it is your right, so much for the glory of bullshit to kiss ASS in morocco to get something that is absolutely.
I feel for you girl!! so many paper work!!! your not marring the prince of morocco here, come on now! this is should be easy and fun, i don't see the need of police report or check up. is this mean if you are a felon. you can't get married?? of cause you will!! so what's the point then having a POLICE CHECK ???? I say GIVE ME A BREAK.
Wow
July 26, 2008 11:21AM
yeah i hear ya..
but no matter where you look - there is nothing positive - everywhere i see horror stories.
someone did this , someone did that - they are all out for money - i guess can get a little scary from a woman's prespective.
its only on this site that i have read something good and positive, otherwise its all been a de moralising search on websites.

i am planning to go in october.. i am looking forward to it, i am sure wiill be a nice trip.
how has your experience been in the USA?

i appreciate your response..
regards

Wage slips for marriage requirements and certificate for employment
August 02, 2008 06:55PM
I am going to marry a man from Khemisett in October and am trying to find out about the papers needed. I am a U.K citizen. The list you have provided says you need a certificate of employment and wage slips. I do not have these as i do not work. Is this going to be a problem for us?? I am very worried. I would appreciate all the help i can get. I look forward to your answer
marring a man in khemisett
September 07, 2008 09:28PM
Hello and good luck to you i am looking for info As I am marring a man from Khemmiset to . we are suposed to Marry in Nov 2008 and i sure hope it all goes well. I dont understand why u have to have proof of ur work as i dont work my self . and dont know what to do there if anyone knows please help .and Laniey if you could plz email as i would like to talk with you. tccauthen@aol.com
marriage in morocco
September 17, 2008 01:24AM
aysalam alaikum,,

My name is melody ismail,, i will be marrying my fiance in novemebr 2008 inshallah , this year . i have a question fo ryou about marriage papers, i receive your email of morocco blogged in the "the african guide" i like to know due to the fact my ex-husband from morocco and got caught up abusing my child and i received a criminal record because i live with him at the time,,, i like to know if you know about the criminal laws their or the marriage law about get married with a criminal recard will it go through the ministre de justice in rabat, morocco,, please let me know,, thank you for all your help if you can give an answer on this,,please it is very important to me thank you..

aysalam

melody ismail
usa, los angeles
Re cert of employment and wage slips
October 02, 2008 05:45PM
Hi,
I am from the UK and got married in Rabat in August. I also was not in employment when I got married as my employer would not let me have the time off. I took my old wage slips and just explained my circumstances which was not a problem. I don't think they are that bothered so long as you show how you are supporting yourself. The whole process took just less than 4 weeks and was very stressful. If you love someone that much then a bit of stress is nothing!
I hope this has been of help.
Good luck with your marriage.
Claire & Bouayad x
capacity of marriage in morocco
October 16, 2008 07:37PM
i'm going to get married in morocco in about 3 weeks. i went before to get married back in april but couldn't. this time, i have collected and translated all the paperwork needed for the marriage. however, i have been informed from my country's embassy that i cannot renew my capacity of marriage. i know that documents for marriage in morocco expire after 3 months? is there possible that they will accept all of my current documents with a capacity from april seeing that it is not in my control how the country gives out capacities and it's not in my control about expiration dates in morocco.

thanks in advance
marrying in morocco
November 08, 2008 09:13PM
Hello:

i hope someone can help me here, i am totally confused and lost.

I am a canadian citizen, but i was born in india. i wish to marry my fiance in morocco - do i need a police clearance from india as well? i have not lived in india now since 2000. Please advise if someone knows.

i would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Regards

Anonymous User
Marriage in Morocco
November 09, 2008 12:54AM
Hello Everyone:

I am a Moroccan national, my wife is American and we have been married for two years. Getting married in morocco is very complicated indeed and it takes several weeks. Furthermore, it will take more time and paperwork after your husband or wife move to live with you. There is an easy way to avoid all this hassel and headache. The fiancee Visa. My wife and I did this procedure when we were in Dubai and it only took 3 months to finish all the paperwork.
I can provide you with more information if you are interested.
Regards
Mustapha
mus.agourram30@yahoo.com
marriage in morocco
November 12, 2008 03:03AM
Hello:

can someone explain to me about this certificate of wages i need to bring to morocco? where do i get this and what should it say?

isnt letter of employment the same thing? can someone send me a format/template of what it looks like? what it says? please....

any help would be appreciated.
thank you so much.

Regards
Geeta
Visa problems
November 25, 2008 08:57AM
Read your article on the Africa guide. I been through the Moroccan marriage but now two years later and a tribunal appeal that was allowed the clearance officer is insisting that we take up to date pay slips, bank statements, proof of accommodation, proof of relationship. He said he will make an informal decision about my husband visa. I been back to my lawyer who says this is not acceptable as the appeal was granted. Have you heard anything similar to this and if so what was the solution.

marrying a moroccan man
November 25, 2008 09:12AM
Hi

I married a moroccan man and did not have to convert to islam. Our wedding certificate has mix married on it.
Marrying in Morocco
November 26, 2008 10:29PM
I am American and I arrived in Morocco on December 2nd of 2007. We started all the marriage process right away and we were officially married on January 7th. And yes I did not convert to Islam and yes I did need two birth certificates. I also went Direct Consular Filing and petitioned for my husband in October of this year and the petition was approved. He now has his interview on December 22nd. I am a resident and will complete one full year next month.
marrying a moroccan man
November 27, 2008 08:37PM
If you are a foreign woman marrying a Moroccan man you will not need to convert to Islam

and YES if you are a foreign man marrying a Moroccan woman you WILL need to convert to Islam.

I hope this is clear.
Rubbish
November 28, 2008 08:57AM
I am a European female and I am not a Muslim woman. I am married to a Muslim man. I did not have to convert to islam. At the embassy of Rabat my declaration of being single include my Christian religion. I was allowed to get married in morocco to my husband. As I said our marriage Certificate states that it is a mix marriage in the area of religion. I hope this is clear also
Try reading the posts clearly
November 28, 2008 08:08PM
LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-08 AT 08:17 PM (GMT)

As above if you are a foreign woman marrying a Moroccan man you will not need to convert, if you are a foreign man marrying a Moroccan woman you will.

I would be interested to hear any informed views as to why there is a discrepancy between the @#$%&.

Thank you all, but I need help (and I have som tips)
December 15, 2008 08:50PM
Savat!

I am hopeing to get married to the moost beautiful girl in morocco. With gods will.

I know my chances are slim, but if anybody can help improveing my odds, I am greatful.

I have some questions I hope somebody can assist me.

First of all: somebody say I have to visit the local police station before I can get the statement of criminal record from the ministry of justice, is this correct?

and do I need a medical certification from morroco if I bring one from norway (translated into arabic)?

My tip to everybody is to bring as many certification as you can think of from home. I mean birth, work, medical anything.

Thank you very much.
Re: i am marrying a moroccan woman in morocca, what papers r needed?
August 24, 2009 04:49AM
Salaam, i am from uk and want to marry in morocco what papers do i need and how long does it take for a visa to be granted thanks
Re: i am marrying a moroccan man in morocca, what papers r needed?
September 19, 2009 07:46AM
If I am from the USA and my boyfriend is from Morocco but is currently living in the USA and he has his greencard and all that already. If we want to travel to morocco and be married what are the steps to that what paperwork do i have to have is it a complicated process do i still have to go through all the police checks and all that...If someone knows step by step to let me know please tell me. I heard that if you were from USA you did not have to go through all the police check and that it was as simple as just going there and getting married please let me know all the details if you know them thanks
October 01, 2009 09:47PM
It would be interesting to hear Immmortalthetis how youve got on - its a year now and more since your last post - In the last 6 years Ive been involved with Morocco and Moroccans many marry only for visa and eventually passport to freedom - plus the better living circumstances of course in the meantime - a lot of very poor people in Morocco, hard to get a higher education unless have money, and then harder to get a decent job, of course a lot of the younger ones dont like that and see a lot of what the others/foreigners have by what they see on TV and tourists coming, and instead of looking for ways to go to uni or something, they look for being lucky with a foreign woman - and foreign woman can be generally easy to catch as quite naiive and listen to words rather that understanding that these guys learn to manipulate and lie to get what they want from early age and so can do it easily and its verydifficult to read that in their body language as they are so cool and charming about it.
October 04, 2009 11:02PM
worried Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I am from the USA and my boyfriend is from
> Morocco but is currently living in the USA and he
> has his greencard and all that already. If we want
> to travel to morocco and be married what are the
> steps to that what paperwork do i have to have is
> it a complicated process do i still have to go
> through all the police checks and all that...If
> someone knows step by step to let me know please
> tell me. I heard that if you were from USA you did
> not have to go through all the police check and
> that it was as simple as just going there and
> getting married please let me know all the details
> if you know them thanks

Get married in the US. Then go to the Masjad and get married. Then send your Islamic marriage liscense in Arabic to the Moroccan Consulate and get it stamp. Call the consulate and they should be able to help you. It's so simple this way. People from UK and Canada should try this. Have your Moroccan partner go to your country and get married. Once you have the stamped marrige liscense, you will not get hasseled when you travel to Morocco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 11:05PM by Yahya.
October 05, 2009 12:37PM
I have good friends who live in Norway - they have been married 15 years - she is Norwegian - he is Moroccan - they got married in a church in Norway and did the appropriate legals for marriage in Norway - they never had a ceremony or did anything for marriage in Morocco - he has along the way got his Norwegian passport and they travel back and stay in Morocco for several months every year without any problems - he no longer travels or uses a Moroccan ID card to enable any chance of getting involved with moroccan bureaucratics when travelling with her as they are man and wife - this is a wonderful agreeement!
She never had to sign any paper to falsely agree to become Muslim - which in my case I couldnt go ahead and do because as much as love was involved I also have my integrity and honesty to deal with, plus I could never deny Jesus, so unless you have reasons why you really want or must get married in Morocco then save a lot of hassle and hard work and just get married in the USA!
If he has his greencard and you are very happy with him, then wait out the time you need until he gets his american passport.
October 05, 2009 09:48PM
In my comment, I assume all people converted to Islam when marring a Moroccan and truly love one another and not for Visa or money. Muslims do not deny Jesus (peace be upon him) either. He is one of the prophets; but he is not the son of GOD! Think about it. If Jesus was Lord, why did he pray to GOD? He was human just like the rest of us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2009 11:03AM by Yahya.
October 10, 2009 09:16AM
Just an update from me (posted sometime back)

Married my Moroccan wife in June 2007, applied for visa to UK in December 2007 and which was granted in March 2008 and will expire in March 2010. We now have two little boys and are very happy.

Next step is for my wife to seek indefinate leave to remain.

We travel back to Morocco about twice a year.

Good luck to anyone getting married in Morocco soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 09:22AM by intenso.
October 24, 2009 11:39AM
Nice to hear back from you and get an update - glad that all is going well! and that youre getting to visit Morocco so often!
All the best.
Re: marriage in morocco
February 01, 2010 09:28AM
dublinoix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi
> i am maltese sitizen live in uk ,getting married
> soon in morocco,rabat,i have all documents ready
> and translated to arabic waiting for a week off
> from work to go and do the rest,any advices plz
> the good thing is my fiance father works in court
> and one more thing that i don't need to convert
> to islam cz my parents are origin muslim and that
> will help,i want to have the best wedding in a
> real short time what can you advise me please
> god bless you and your wife
>
>

Hi l!
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Click here to login

TOURS & SAFARIS | AFRICA MAP | GUIDE TO AFRICA | FORUMS | SHOP | ACCOMMODATION | PHOTO LIBRARY | CLASSIFIEDS
Safaris in Africa |  Tours in Africa |  Overlanding in Africa |  Adventure Holidays in Africa |  Volunteer in Africa |  Beach Holidays in Africa

copyright © 2014 africaguide.com All rights reserved