Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Managerial position

Managerial position
April 22, 2003 02:41PM
Anonymous User
Safari company based in Arusha seeks 1 Deputy Manager to oversee bookings, welcome clients, purchase equipment etc…, negotiate contracts with providers (hotels, services), and develop the company.
We are looking for someone with strong organisational skills, a head for numbers, and a basic / good level of the French language.
 Reply  Quote

announce on africaguide.com
April 25, 2003 10:29AM
Anonymous User
Dear Sir or Madam,

my name is Frank Piontek and I come from Germany. I´ve just read the announce on africaguide.com that you search for deputy manager in a touristic company. I always wanted to go to East-Africa and here in Germany I work in a youth hostel, being also responsible for our guests, dealing with their problems, doing the reservations and so on.
I finished a 30 month trainingship as a wholesaler, I speak English, German, a bit French and Spanish and very little Suaheli (but I´m still learning).
If this is interesting for you I would be happy to hear from you.
Best regards,

Frank Piontek
 Reply  Quote

SEEN YOUR ADVERT
April 26, 2003 10:29AM
Anonymous User
HI I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN MOST PARTS OF THE WORLD

I HAVE A DOCTRINE IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT
A DEGREE IN MARKETING
I WOULD LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO COME OUT AND WORK WITH YOU.
I HAVE WORKED IN KENYA BEFORE MANAGING A SMALL RESORT HOTEL OVER A 7 YEAR PERIOD AS RELIEF MANAGER

I AM SINGLE!

EMAIL gordon@gordonbarker.com
Thanks
 Reply  Quote

Deputy Manager
April 28, 2003 09:02PM
Anonymous User
Was National Sales Manager for an American Agriculture Company responsible for Africa and Southern Africa. Dealt with Government Ministers and heads of University agric departments.Studied teaching and Agriculture. Currently living in London running own import business for the last 5 years.Passionate about the African bush and desperate to come back. Outdoor person!Comp Literate. Learning the French language but knows the only way you will speak it is to be exposed to it on a regular basis. Prepared to do everything to learn!
 Reply  Quote

Your Search is Over
December 04, 2003 12:34AM
Anonymous User
I am a US Army Engineer Officer with over 9 years of leadership experience. I hold advanced degrees in mathematics and systems engineering. I speak french conversationally. I've negotiated contracts in excess of $8M USD. I graduated in the top 10% of my class at West Point US Military Academy. I've led over 280 soldiers throught my Army Career. I'm familiar with the outdoors. I'm a US Army Ranger, Pathfinder, Airborne, Air Assault. I'm available for employment in July 2004. I'm 27.
 Reply  Quote

manager
February 17, 2004 12:45PM
Anonymous User
Dear mister Caldas,
I am interrested in your offer. I am Dutch of origin, live in France at the moment and qualify for the job. I speak English, French, Dutch and German. If the vacancy is still open, please E-mail me and I will send you my full C.V.
Regards, Bert Lippens
 Reply  Quote

Managerial position
March 03, 2004 11:41AM
Anonymous User
Belgian , former paratroops Officer; at the moment based in Guinea as Corporate Security Consultant within a major mining group, I would like to redirect my career on other fields of activities.
Speaking english and french fluently, I also, as officer but also chief of operations within diamond mining sites in DRC (and others) got experience in management of staff and organization of activities.
Has been customer administrator within group4falck Luxembourg and so very customers focused.
 Reply  Quote

managerial position
April 06, 2004 10:06AM
Anonymous User

CURRICULUM VITAE
JEAN- PIERRE MACHTELINCKX

91 Stabu St., 19 Tel: 00371 7277870
Riga, LV-1009, E-mail: ezernieki@hotmail.com
Latvia

PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

College ¡V Heilig Maagd College, Dendermonde, Belgium
Hotel Reservations Booking System Training ¡VKilleline Lodge & Leisure, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick
Hotel School (management, accountancy, serving, cooking) ¡VBrugge, Belgium
Computer course ¡V Ter Groene Poorte, Brugge, Belgium
Advanced User Windows¡¦ 98 Certificate
Full Driving License
Safety Leadership Course ¡V Exxon Mobil
Logistics/Accountancy/Administration Training ¡VNavy Academy, Brugge, Belgium

Languages:

English ¡V Fluent,
French ¡V Fluent,
German ¡V Fluent,
Dutch ¡V Native
Russian - Basic

PERSONAL PROFILE

A highly motivated manager with excellent motivational skills and the ability to work alone or as part of a team. A clear logical and analytical approach to all tasks and targets allows me to engender an enthusiasm in my team. I am a firm but fair disciplinarian and work quickly and efficiently to earn the respect of my workforce. I speak, read and write several languages and have excellent communication skills at any level and am highly experienced in working harmoniously and effectively in a multi-skilled, multinational environment. I revel working under pressure and meeting and exceeding any targets or budgets given me. I am available and willing to travel worldwide at short notice.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:

August 2002 ¡V present
Deputy Country Manager (Chad) ¡V Taylors International Services, Ltd.

Working for this International privately owned Company with worldwide operations I answered directly to the Director of Operations for the management and achievement of the following:

„« Mobilised and operated new and existing contracts, including the Greenfield sites of two new contracts.
„« Negotiated with clients on contractual issues and amendments
„« The writing and implementation of procedural controls to increase efficiency.
„« Implemented new HSE rules particular to the country of employment.
„« Recruited, trained and managed the local work force
„« Negotiated with the local authorities to ensure Company compliance with all local work and visa regulations
„« Negotiated with suppliers to achieve maximum price discounts and improve profitability
„« Responsible for all financial aspects of the operation and consequently exceeded expectations on profitability and costs.
„« Overall management of all the different operational disciplines
„« Lead by example

During this period I enhanced my reputation of success by exceeding all the expectations of me in profitability, management, controls and professionalism. I quickly achieved an excellent relationship with our clients and promoted a ¡§partnership¡¨ ethos in our contracts

February 2002 ¡V July 2002 Restaurant Manager ¡V Renvyle House Hotel,
Connemara, Co. Galway

„« Reorganized working procedures to increase efficiency of service
„« Reorganized strategy of servicing weddings and banquettes
„« Trained waiting personnel

October 2000 ¡V January 2002 Deputy Manager ¡V Killeline Lodge & Leisure,
Newcastle West, Co. Limerick

„« Reorganized working procedures to increase efficiency
„« Developed marketing strategy to attract more customers
„« Set up cleaning schedule to ensure the highest hygiene standards in hotel
„« Organized stock control system for the restaurant
„« Liaised with suppliers¡¦ representatives with regards to orders

1999 ¡V 2000 Instructor (Private horse-riding school) ¡V Riga,
Latvia

„« Gave basic instruction to general customers
„« Supervised prescribed riding exercise for children with spinal injuries

1989 ¡V 1999 Hotel Manager ¡V Hotel Cavalier, Brugge, Belgium

„« Responsible for the day-to-day running of the hotel and restaurant
„« Ensured comfort and satisfaction of guests
„« Maintained high standards both in the kitchen and in the guest
„« accommodation
„« Supervised and trained staff
„« Recruited and interviewed new staff as appropriate

1978 ¡V 1989 Chief Petty Officer ¡V Belgian Navy

A full career in Belgian Navy where hard work and determination resulted in accelerated and regular promotion to the rank of Chief Petty Officer.

SPARE TIME ACTIVITIES:

Horse-riding
Sports
Reading

REFEREES:

Reference application can be made directly to my current employer by contacting Mr. Jon Murphy via email at: jon.murphy@taylors-group.com

Other references can be supplied on request.
 Reply  Quote

deputy manager
May 24, 2004 08:28PM
Anonymous User
Hi,

My name is Liesbeth Nicolas, I am 37 years old, Dutch and have worked in East Africa as a tourguide (camping safaris) for 3 years. I have extensive safari experience with dutch, english, belgian and french clients. Also worked as regional tourmanager for Africa, organising everything from itineraries to hotel- and vehicle contracts to tourleaders. Then as marketing manager worked on building a clear, consistent image and having the company grow.
I speak French. And it would be great to get back to Arusha again.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Liesbeth Nicolas
 Reply  Quote

East Africa
August 14, 2004 10:13AM
By Eddie
I would be very intrested in this position, i have been managing quiet a number of businesses in Europe for more than 28 yrs,but am sure this would be a very big challenge for me which i will be willing to learn and fit to the culture and country.I speak fluent english,german and my wife is trying to teach me kiswahili,but i have to work on it.
 Reply  Quote

Deputy manager to oversee
October 14, 2004 10:09PM
Anonymous User
>Safari company based in Arusha seeks 1
>Deputy Manager to oversee bookings, welcome
>clients, purchase equipment etc…, negotiate contracts
>with providers (hotels, services), and develop
>the company. We are looking for
>someone with strong organisational skills, a
>head for numbers, and a basic
>/ good level of the French
>language.
 Reply  Quote

Hi there
October 15, 2004 06:04PM
Anonymous User
Am a really optimistic, enthusiastic person, ideal for this position! If you contact me at my email address I can forward you my CV and all relevant details. Give me a chance and I'll make you proud!
Look forward to hearing from you, Ann
 Reply  Quote

RE: Deputy Manager
January 21, 2005 05:39AM
Anonymous User
Hi Antonio I am interested in taking up the above post. I hold a Higher Diploma In Hotel,Catering and Tourism Management and 3 years post graduate experience.
Please contact me so that l can send you my CV.

Regards.
 Reply  Quote

Security Position - Africa
August 16, 2005 12:56PM
By Gavin
Please email me
 Reply  Quote

Managerial position
August 17, 2005 01:05PM
Anonymous User
To whom it may concern.

I am a 27 year old male born and still living in South Africa.
I am very interesting in this position as I am a tour guide in South Africa. We tour South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Namibie. If you could e-mail me I would send you a full C.V. You must use the SEND ME AN EMAIL link under my post.

Regards

Christiaan van Straaten
 Reply  Quote

Application for job
December 08, 2005 02:03PM
By Srikant
Dear Sir,

I have read your advertisement , and wish to submitt my candidature for the same. As i am 9+ yrs mrkting experience + strong customer focus+ good communication skills + and well in negotitiation , and i am ready to relocate my self.

Waiting for your positive/immediate reply.

God Bless You

Kind Regards,
Y.Shrikant
Hyderabad(AP) INDIA
e-mail - yshrikant@gmail.com
Mobile No. - 0091- 9390063635
 Reply  Quote

Deputy Manager
December 08, 2005 03:34PM
Anonymous User
I am a DRCongolese based in Mozambique where I am training ELT Teachers and coordinating the English Department at IMAP/Nampula. I am an ELT Professional Teacher with sound knowlegde of English, French and Swahili.I also speak good Portuguese since I have been in Mozambique for 7 years.

Please send me details about your offer.

Mwanyimi Bushabu.
 Reply  Quote

managerial position
March 27, 2006 07:52AM
By huslus
Im a huy in Arusha Tanzania,working as a Salesman with one industry.Came across your post on your lookin for a Manager concerning your Company.Im interested for the post and im looking forward to receive your calling.Im a graduate of Sokoine University of Agriculture
 Reply  Quote

Dear Mr.Caldas,
My name is Michel Cabeau, Belgian man ,50 yo, French,English,German and Dutch speaking.Working since 29 years in the industrial purchasing and logistic. I´ve just read the announce on africaguide.com that you're searching a deputy manager in a touristic company.As you require I've a strong organisational skills and a head for numbers.Performant in MS Office tools + SAP + MRP + EDI ... Since 6 years I travel each year in Africa for Safaris.
Disponibilty : free.
I would be very interested in this position,I'am a really optimistic, enthusiastic person, ideal for this position, ready to relocate my self.
If you contact me at my email address I can forward you my CV and all relevant details.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerly yours.
Regards

M.Cabeau.

Others : Hunter, radio-amator,swimmer,Drive licence.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map