Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Contact Hamish.

Dairy Farming in Kenya
October 07, 2006 09:48AM
By hamish
My name is Hamish and I am an organic dairy farmer in Cornwall, GB. My wife and I have a pedigree herd of cows, the milk from which is processed in an on-farm factory, producing a number of dairy products. Over the last ten years the farm has been run very efficiently and managed through an organic conversion and increased herd size of 50% without purchasing extra land.

Although I would not be able to invest in purchasing land in Kenya, I believe I have some valuable skills which could transfer to the Kenyan Dairy industry and milk processing industry.

Does anyone have any advice or feedback

Please send me an email
 Reply  Quote

DAIRY FARMING IN KENYA
May 25, 2007 05:19AM
By ODIWUOR
I have land, business administration skills MBA (Marketing) and over 15 years of Management and Training Consultancy experience in Kenya.

I am interested in setting up a Dairy Farm Business in Kenya with an experienced dairy farmer.

Do you you think we can do business?

I will wait for your response.

Kind regards,

Francis Odiwuor
 Reply  Quote

Re: DAIRY FARMING IN KENYA
September 23, 2010 04:47PM
dear sir
we r manufacturer of milk packing machine

see our web site:www.aksharenterprise.blogspot.com
 Reply  Quote

Contact Hamish.
May 25, 2008 01:07PM
By kinyash
Iam in Kenya and am so much interested in dairy farming which has since begun gaining popularity and the market is expanding with high demands.I would like to contact Hamish of cornwall GB for his input.Thanks.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Contact Hamish.
June 27, 2009 11:28PM
By Dkagone
Dear harnish

I would like to start an organic dairy farm in Kenya. Kindly let me know how we can work together.
 Reply  Quote

Inquiry.
May 25, 2008 01:11PM
By kinyash
Hi.I am in Kenya and i would like to contact you regarding dairy farming.Thanks.
 Reply  Quote

dairy information
November 24, 2008 08:13AM
I am putting up a small scake dairy farm and would like you to share information with me on how to start and run a small scale dairy farm.
 Reply  Quote

Re: dairy information
September 16, 2010 09:48AM
By kmmenon
WE ALL WIN AGENCIES KENYA LTD.
www.allwin.co.ke
you are requested to write details of your to guide by us how we can help you to start a dairy or and type of fruit juice/oil extraction/
any type of food industry in small and big scale
k.m.menon
allwin agencies kenya ltd
 Reply  Quote

Dairy farm
January 29, 2009 09:49AM
By Biwott
I am a Dairy farmer as well as a consultant in the field of Dairy. contact me for pieces of advise
 Reply  Quote

Re: Dairy farm
November 26, 2009 10:06AM
By Tumain
Hii.. Can I've ur service plz!
 Reply  Quote

February 14, 2010 03:16PM
By Beletey
Dear All,
I am an Ethiopian and American Citizen currently leave in the US and planning to go back to Africa to start a dairy farm. I am very interested to know about dairy farm in Kenya or Ethiopia. Things like capital requirement, process of setting up a company and return on investement. I specialaze in Accounting and Finance with language skills in Russian, Germany, French,English and Amharic. I will be very interested to invest with a partner. If any body interested in this venture, please contact me.

Sincerly,
 Reply  Quote

May 11, 2012 03:21PM
Dear Sir,

We are already started a diary farm In Ethiopia soon and we are going to import around 200 additional cows from Holland or Kenya. So if you want to do with partner we can work together. Send me private message by the following address.

Abere Tesfaye(CM)
email abirhanie@yahoo.com
Mobile +251911355013
 Reply  Quote

January 15, 2015 09:30PM
By atnie5
Hello,
I wonder if you are still interested in Dairy farm investment in Ethiopia.I have 3 acres of farm land in the outskirts of the capital Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I am looking for partner interested in investment in zero grazing Dairy farm and processing, Poultry farm or Vegetable farm in a green house.please let me know if you are still searching for a potential partner and we can discuss about details over Skype or Viber.
Warm regards,
 Reply  Quote

Dairy farming
February 01, 2009 09:37PM
By kinwash
Hi i am interested in buying a dairy farm in kenya, i live in the u.k.

Answer these questions please

1. If i had 10 holstein cows milking 30 litres each, how much money can i expect.

2 I am interested in a town called nanyuki. Tell me what its like farming in that town ?

3. kenya has a large export market i chose this country ahead of south africa because of labour cost.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Dairy farming
December 16, 2013 02:21AM
Hi there, I'm Robert,a farmer near nyeri or in chaka near Mt Kenya and having about 30 acres but want to sell 6 acres to get capital to start dairy farming with hybird and pedigree dairy cows.On this side of Kenya there is a lot of Hay and good climate for daily cows and milk buying companys are les than 4KM's away. power and fresh water just need to be connected.If you would like to buy 6 acres or be a parter,for more my email robertmuchina60@gmail.com or cell +254723338115 or+254773388365.
 Reply  Quote

Dairy Farm
March 04, 2009 10:55PM
By zubs11
Dear Biwott,
I would like your consultation for a small size dairy farm.

kindly contact me at zubs11@gmail.com and leave your phone number.

thnx
 Reply  Quote

Dairy Farm
March 23, 2009 12:06PM
By Biwott
Please share with the details and I would be more than happy to offer my guidance
Cheers
Joseph
 Reply  Quote

Re: Dairy Farming in Kenya
July 18, 2009 02:57PM
Hamish, I would like to set up a zero grazing dairy cattle. Lets work in this.
 Reply  Quote

November 18, 2009 02:19PM
hamish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My name is Hamish and I am an organic dairy farmer
> in Cornwall, GB. My wife and I have a pedigree
> herd of cows, the milk from which is processed in
> an on-farm factory, producing a number of dairy
> products. Over the last ten years the farm has
> been run very efficiently and managed through an
> organic conversion and increased herd size of 50%
> without purchasing extra land.
>
> Although I would not be able to invest in
> purchasing land in Kenya, I believe I have some
> valuable skills which could transfer to the Kenyan
> Dairy industry and milk processing industry.
>
> Does anyone have any advice or feedback
>
> Please send me an email
>

FRANK ASHIOYA
P O BOX 44306 - 00100
TEL: 254204343083
+254721884688
NAIROBI, KENYA
 Reply  Quote

November 18, 2009 02:21PM
Hello there, my name is Frank and I would like to start up a zero grazing dairy farming. Your valuable knowledge in this field will be highly appreciated.
 Reply  Quote

June 14, 2010 03:51PM
Mr Hamish,
I am still waiting for your reply on dairy farming. I am more than interested in starting a dairy farm but lack techinical knowhow. I will appreciate whatever information you can help me with.
David
 Reply  Quote

September 16, 2010 09:32AM
By kmmenon
iam dairy technical person ,i can help you to start a medium type dairy in your own in kenya .we have office in dar-salam road called all win agencies Kenya ltd
you can call in this number and have the appointment with me to get more
call in thi number or 0700029504
allwin vagencies Kenya ltd
dar-salam road
kenya
 Reply  Quote

January 19, 2011 02:04PM
Dear harnish

I would like to start an organic dairy farm in Kenya. My father in law has 26 acres of land in Nyahururu where i want to set up the farming Kindly let me know how we can work together.
 Reply  Quote

April 02, 2011 04:03AM
By Ngeno
Hi,
Am kenyan aged 28 years, employed in one of the security organs in kenya. I own 2ha (10108 m sq) piece of land in Kabsabet and I want to start Zero grazing project. Assist me to be a successful dairy farmer.
>electricity is available.
>water available buy dighng 15ft bore hole
>road is accessible.
Eager to hear from you milk production per freshian cow per day in ideal condition.
Regards Ngeno
 Reply  Quote

May 13, 2011 03:19PM
By ngacha
My name is Ngacha - I am developing a small holder dairy project near Ngong Hills.
Is there anyone out there who can sell me 2 friesian holstein milking cows first or 2nd calvers currently doing over 28 Litres? I would prefer if they are registered with Kenya Stud Book. My contact is 0724098501
 Reply  Quote

August 10, 2011 08:43AM
contact me on njosher1@yahoo.com for details. am in Thika few kilometers from Nairobi.
 Reply  Quote

September 13, 2011 09:19AM
My name is Gerald and as i said i am in thika town. am an accountant in Nairobi and would want to change ma career and start farming. i have familiarized my self in farm accounts when i was auditing one of the big farms in Kenya. i have seen the gain in farming and a looking forward to partnering with a mature person, i will provide the land and the animal feeds.
HERE IS MY PLAN
MY PEACE OF LAND...............1/2HA
ALREADY 2 FRISIAN COWS( THE LAND CAN SUPPORT 10 COWS AND 20 SHEEP)
WOULD LIKE TO KEEP LAYERS -1200 HEADS-THIS TAKES 4 MONTHS, THE MARKET IS THERE FOR THE MILK AND THE EGGS.
THERE IS EASE OF TRANSPORT SINCE THE PEACE OF LAND TO THE MAIN ROAD IS 200METRES, THEN FROM THERE TO THIKA TOWN WHERE THE ROAD HAS BEING MAINTAINED IS ABOUT 10KM, THERE ARE OTHER FIRMS AROUND THE THE VET IS NEAR BY. IF WE DEVELOP WE CAN PERSUADE OTHER FARMS TO JOIN HAND AND CREATE OUR OWN MARKET. WHERE WE CAN BUY MACHINES TO MANUFACTURE FARM PRODUCTS FOR EXPORT.

serous mature, honest people only
Gerald.

PLEASE CONTACT ME ON 0725842103
WE CAN MAKE IT IF WE JOIN HANDS, SEROIUS PEOPLE ONLY
 Reply  Quote

September 21, 2011 10:20AM
I am very encouraged by this forum,am kenyan living overseas at the moment and planning to come home and start farming.I feel there is alot of opportunity in the industry and use of land in our country is not fully exploited,i want to start out as a young farmer which might be challenging but rewarding in the end.
 Reply  Quote

February 07, 2012 02:47PM
By wkorir
I am happy to have this forum where various people share, am kenyan living in Mombasa and own sevral farmers in nakuru 10 acres, 15 acrea in Njoro but they are currently not productive, I wish to have a partner we do a joint partnership and do a serious farming where we can use experts or employ fully time trained manager. The farmers can be used for planting wheat or maize or dairy cattle.

The Nakuru farmer is just at the outskirts of Nakuru town 5 Km on Nakuru- Njoro road and the Njoro farm is 11 km from Njoro town.

Get in touch if you are interest we work together.

my Email addres is: wkorir2000@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

March 11, 2012 10:06PM
hi am antonne i would like to start a dairy farm am inquiaring about the price of FRISIAN cow in kenya that is almost ready for milk production.your assistance will be highly appriciated.
 Reply  Quote

May 29, 2012 01:41PM
By sabaita
Hello All,

Dairy farming is such a passion for me that nowadays i think i dream of cows.

Please can anyone assist me on this:

I have 3 acres in the Naivasha area and I would like to keep Fresian breed of dairy cows.

I have done my research and believe that they could flourish there.

Meanwhile, I need pricing on the mentioned cows and how readily available anyone can sell to me.

Your kind replies will be highly appreciated.

Sammy Baita
 Reply  Quote

June 05, 2012 01:17PM
By ebony12
Are there any African American entrepreneurs looking into this topic. I understand dairy farming is a growing business in Kenya and would like to find out more.
 Reply  Quote

July 12, 2012 05:25PM
@ebony12 - I am Kenyan - Living in USA - raised in Dairy farming region - I have land close to a major city and interested in expanding the production . I wonder too if there any African American entrepreneurs looking into this topic.
 Reply  Quote

July 14, 2012 01:31PM
Dear Ebony12,

I am a Kenyan and lives in Kenya. We are a group of 12 people and would like to start Dairy farming in the next 6 months. We intend to start with 5 to 10 cows in a small town called Nanyuki. Land is available and hay for next 1 year or so.

If you are interested investing in dairy farming, let me know and will consult other members.

Thank you.

chege
 Reply  Quote

June 05, 2012 11:23PM
By Guled
Hi All,

We looking for a consultant from Kenya, Sudan and/or Ethiopia to help us set up a farm in Somaliland. We have access to 100ha. We have access to various other resources

We are looking at Livestock, Agriculture, Dairy farming, Milk production to market and export.

Please get in touch m.liban@eliteentrepreneur.co.uk

Kind Regards

M. Liban
 Reply  Quote

Re: Dairy Farming in Mozambique
April 29, 2015 03:04PM
Dear Hamish,
Would you be able to share you knowledge on dairy farming?
Are you planning to sell some of your stocks?
I live in Japan and would like to return to Africa.
I studied in England A'Level and I love your Country.
Are you by any chance ,thinking of impacting Asian culture into Cornwall?
I mean,I could share my cooking skills as I worked in Japanese eateries.
Looking forward to your response.
Bonnie
gboneoa@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

May 09, 2015 02:20PM
By nashg
Hello,
I am looking for anyone who wants to buy a herd of 11 freshian cows in Kenya. Please get back to me on my email mungai.naomi@gmail.com .
looking forward to hear from you.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map