Africa Guide
recommended trip :

FOr MBBS seats in EUROPE 2008

MBBS in Mauritius
May 19, 2008 06:40AM
Hello,
Well i am a student from India who is intersted in doing MBBS. I've consulted a lot of people for several suggestions and advices after which i've decided to take up medicine at mauritius at SSR medical college. Can any one of you let me know whethe this college is good or not?

Secondly, can u tell me how much wud it cost for me to stay outside the hostel locally and is the cost of livin high?? Are the basic expenses cheap. I would request a reply from everybody as i need a general view abt it.

thanking you,

Aditya .A.V.
 Reply  Quote

About MBBS seat in SSR or in INDIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE
May 19, 2008 08:43AM
Anonymous User
Hello Buddy
It is great to know that you are aspirant of MBBS.
Where are you frm?
Why you are interested in SSR medical college rather there's lot of private medical college in Indian who offereing MBBS seats in cheap donation and fee compare to SSR.

For more you contact me...
I'm Dr.Ameer , from India....
 Reply  Quote

My Queries
May 20, 2008 07:14AM
well hello sir,
Im basically from chennai. Well what u say is absolutely true but the capitation here is ubnormally high. the capitation in some colleges comes up to 50k$ excluding the fee which is abt 750-1000$ a yr. Well in mauritius the whole stay course fee and food comes upto 53.4k$ as i too cannot affors such high amounts as capitation, i thought its better to do at mauritius itself.

could you send me info about the college? and that tis college is recognised by both MCI n MC of US also so its basically a double advantage. But do you really think its good doing medicine as my family has a lot of doctors who are verywell settled after a long period of time and my father wants me to settle in life easily as hes now 54 yrs old and me being the third and the last child he says he cant take up the cost for the nxt 16 yrs. So due do this would you still suggest me to do medicine or any other course. Do u have any idea about Bio-tech engg?? whats the scope outside india?
 Reply  Quote

About you MBBS study dreams
May 20, 2008 09:12AM
Anonymous User
SSR fee

Tuition & Other Fees:
MBBS:-
College Fees is payable as prescribed by the Indian Ocean Medical Institute Trust from time to time. However, if the fees for the full course of 5 yrs is paid upfront by any student at the time of admission,he/she shall be given a discount of 40% in the fee. Moreover, he/she will not be affected by any subsequent increase in the fees.As such, he/she will not be required to pay the increased amount of fees.Examination fee @ US $ 100 per subject will be payable in addition to the fee.The fees for MBBS Course for the year 2007/2008 is as follows:

Course
College Hostel
US $ 5000 per term
Tuition *
Fee US $ Other fee** Dev.Charg.US $
CautionMoney
(Non-refundable)DepositUS $ Room fee@ US$50/PM(for 5years) CautionMoney(Non-refundable)
DepositUS $
1 First MBBS 3 Academic terms(1½yrs)
15,000 20,000 2000 Payable Yearly 1000
2 Second MBBS 3 Academic terms(1½yrs)
15,000 Payable Yearly
3 Third(Final)MBBS 4 academic terms(2yrs.)
20,000 Payable Yearly
4 For additional term at each level/@ per failed subject
1000 600

*A discount of 40% in fee is available if the total fee for the full course is paid at the time of admission.

**A one time development charge of US $ 20,000 is payable by General category students,other than Mauritian Students.
 Reply  Quote

FOR MBBS
May 20, 2008 10:21AM
Anonymous User
Hello Aditya

Hope you are gone thru SSR medical college site.

http://www.ssrmedicalcollege.com/main.php?do=clientsitecontent&action=home&pageid=collegefees

Yeh you are correct, after giving lot donation and fee and then competing MBBS course, you cant going to get you return in 4 or 5 yrs what you spend for education and more over, without Specialization is very hard to survive, bcose in India lot people with MBBS degree....and lot competition..... a MBA gradute/ IT engineer etc earning 3or 6 time than MBBS doctor.

If you are very keen to study MBBS and to serve human being then you proceed for medical education.....Even in china you get seat ..there's low donation and fee....english medium teaching and you can write USMLE etc.....I thing for to qualify in India, you may be want to write screening test of medical council of India.
 Reply  Quote

May 20, 2008 03:29PM
Sir,
As you said sir only to serve for humanity all of us have to do medicine. But its people like u who inspire me sir. I do accept i've not got in merit in INDIA but the urge to so medicine has caught me real hard and with expert advice from you sir i would rather stick to it sir!
 Reply  Quote

Hello
May 20, 2008 05:25PM
Anonymous User
how many years you wasted...? if you are attemepted only one time for PMT and try one more. If you dont have much confidence that second time you wil get seat....then better leave it.
Dont waste time...try medical seat in China or Karnataka and last choice Mauritius.....

If your family not ready spend huge amount , then stop dreaming medicineand stick to any nice course and go with that, never dream and never think medicine.....it will hurt in future life and some time develp inferior comples and create you to reach highest level in your career, (whatever career...)
 Reply  Quote

hello dr. ameer.................
regards....
a am a medical aspirant frm india.i would like to know does S.S.R. conduct a seperate entrance examination for M.B.B.S.?..If so,is the date over for 2008 batch?.i wanted to know if there is any college outside india where admission is based on qualifying percentage in standard 12th.?. i secured 91.25% in class 12. and an aggregate of 86.50% in PCB in the year 2007 from ISC board.i have prepared for one year but due to some health disturbances i could not do so well in my exams this year.
sir, what do you suggest?
toishi.
 Reply  Quote

FOR MBBS in SSR MEDICAL COLLEGE
May 22, 2008 07:45AM
Anonymous User
SSR medical college,Mauritius,MBBS/BDS admission is open now for 2008 accedemic year

For Application fee indian Rupee 1300/- ( if you are in India)

For MBBS Course Fee (5 years): US$ 45000/-

( Eligibilty Minimum marks of +2 : 60% )

Installment mode payment

1. US$ 9000 on admission

2. US$ 18000 Before leaving Indian to Mauritius

3. US$ 18000 After one year ( in May 2009 )

For BDS Course Fee (4 years): US$ 20000/- minimum marks: 55%

Living Expenses: US$75/100 P.M.(approx)

Prospectus & Application fee for (Rs.1500/-).

Admission for overseas students will close as soon as the seats are filled.

HOSTEL STAY MUST, they not allowed to saty out side.

Hostel fee 900 USD/ yearly
Mess fee 1200 USD

There's other charges also will come as CUATION deposit, that will refund..

=================

There's other medical colleges in INDIA as well as in China also.....
 Reply  Quote

MBBS ADMISSION IN SSR
May 22, 2008 08:23AM
Anonymous User

Admissions will be based on merit The applicants would be interviewed by the Admission Panel comprising of representatives from the University of Mauritius and the Ministry of Health, Govt. of Mauritius, headed by the chairman. Admissions are subject to admissibility of eligibility of the candidate by the University of Mauritius

The syllabus, based on the latest guidelines of the Medical Council of India, for the five years (3+3+4 semesters) Course and the Medical Council of Mauritius approves 1year internship. The College is recognized by the ECFMG (USA) for listing enables our students to take the PLAB & USML ¨C Step 1 and 2 in Mauritius itself, which has been declared a center for USMLE examinations. The international quality of training is ensured by the supervision of an International Advisory Committee (IAC) comprising of experts from U.K. South Africa, India and Mauritius

Of late, more and more countries including India, have introduced screening tests on the pattern of PLAB (U.K) And USMLE (USA) before allowing registration for medical practice. The recognition of the degree by MCI would be in accordance with the Medical Council of India letter no.203 .The Indian graduates of first 2 batches have posted 100% pass rate at the screening test conducted by the National Board of Examinations, Govt. of India, which entitles them to register Board of Examinations, Govt. of India, which entitles them to register with the MCI & Practice in India.
 Reply  Quote

FOR MBBS seat in EUROPE in 2008
May 22, 2008 09:25AM
Anonymous User
Now MBBS admission open in Europe Medical College.....
Fees and living expenses are cheap compare to other medical college....

ELIGIBILITY

17 years of age and above on December 31st of the year of admission.

60% marks and above in Higher Secondary Examinations (Class XII).
ADMISSION PROCEDURE

After submission of the required documents (including admission fee), eligible students appear for the test conducted by the University officials in New Delhi .

Admission letter would be issued the same day after successfully passing the test. If a candidate fails to pass the test, all his documents along with the full amount of the admission fee would be refunded immediately.

Admission fee of Rs.1,25,000 includes: admission processing fee, counseling fee, legalization of the documents and visa fee. The University will arrange visa and assist in obtaining study loans and passports by issuing letters to the concerned authorities.

Admission fee is not refundable once admission is granted.
Documents Required for Admission

Application form*

School marks sheets and pass certificates (Class X & XII).

Notary attested copy of the above documents.

Twelve-passport size photographs.

Medical fitness certificate with HIV report.

Eligibility certificate issued by MCI (could be submitted before departure).

Valid Passport and two photocopies (could be submitted later).
* Application form to be filled by the individual on the day of admission.

* Eligibility form and details can be downloaded from- www.mciindia.org
 Reply  Quote

FOr MBBS seats in EUROPE 2008
May 22, 2008 09:41AM
Anonymous User
The medium of instruction is English .

Total duration of the Graduate Course is 6 years.

Annual tuition fee is USD 3500 . First year fee is to be paid in Armenia in the form of demand draft in favor of the University.

The annual hostel fee is USD 400 .

Second year and onwards the fees shall be paid in local currency

Separate hostel wings for boys and girls.

International hostel is centrally heated and is provided with basic amenities. The hostel complex has a gymnasium, reading room, shop, buffet and mess.

Presently the University provides a complimentary breakfast to those staying in the hostel complex.

Electricity bill to be shared amongst the students.

Average personal expenditure would be USD 1200 per year for food, local transportation and laundry.

Indian mess and Indian restaurants are available
 Reply  Quote

M.b.b.s. admission
June 11, 2008 05:16AM
Dear Aditya,
No doubt SSr College is good but it is expensive, Instead i would advise you to join good European University wherefrom the students can get eay access ti usa uk and all the european countries to practice. In usa each oune is required to clear usmle but in europe a student can freely practice without any entrance test
Tbilisi state medical university is not expensive and a student can complete the entire studies in 13 to 15 lakhs including hostel and food Secondly you get a chance to meet students from all over the world. The best thing is there is total safety.

IN case you feel interested I shall provide you information and guide you
 Reply  Quote

Re: M.b.b.s. admission
February 21, 2011 09:41AM
By Divya
With all due respect Rajarshi, how do you know it is easy to get into medical university in Europe and that it would be cheaper than SSR? Are you living in any European country?
As for USMLE, trust me in North American countries the exam is not only hard, but very expensive. North American countries accept doctors who studied in Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Ireland etc. The standard in north american countries is way higher than you can think of. So many foreign doctors are working as cab drivers just to pay the rent and earn a living, some even went to university to be a nurse instead!!
 Reply  Quote

Regarding medical admission
December 08, 2008 01:07AM
Hi,
I am vikas.Kindly send me information regarding medical education in europe(economical ones).

Thanks,
Vikas.
 Reply  Quote

Regarding medical admission
December 08, 2008 01:11AM
sir,
Would you mind sending me details about medical institutes in india providing mbbs.
thanks,
vikas
 Reply  Quote

Re: MBBS in Mauritius
August 20, 2010 04:08AM
By katzz
So are you guys staying and learning here in Mauritius? How're things?

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

October 10, 2010 01:24PM
Dear Friend.

Why don't you to china or Romania?China is very cheap and recognised in India.I can arrange for your seat there.

How much do you think it will cost you in Mauritius?

Life is becoming expensive here and you will not get much practicals.

Think well before coming to Mauritius.
 Reply  Quote

April 05, 2011 03:06PM
Dear Friends,

I AM A MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT HANDLING MBBS SEAT IN MAURITIUS & KERALA

MAURITIUS PACKAGE:

TOTAL PACKAGE COST ONLY 25 LACKS
FEES CAN PAID IN SPLIT UP
INDIAN MANAGEMENT RUNNING COLLEGE
MEDIUM OF LANGUAGE: ENGLISH
LIMITED SEATS ONLY
HURRY UP WE FOLLOW FIRST COME FIRST SERVES METHOD

CONTACT
ANOOP K F
DIRECTOR
MOTHER TERESA EDUCATION & CHARITABLE TRUST
ALAPPUZHA
KERALA

DIAL +91 (outside India) OR 0 (Inside India)
 Reply  Quote

Gym
February 08, 2012 03:26PM
By Trishan
Hi ,
I would also want to know if the medical school will have a Gym for the the students in the hostel
 Reply  Quote

July 16, 2012 04:53AM
By abar
hello all, am doing 12th std in tamilnadu. i would like to persue mbbs... as for now am scoring 90%. i cant afford lakhs for mbbs degree. which is the cheapest and standard medical coll (fine with abroad too).. can any one of u suggest m
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map