Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Buying or building a home on mauritius.

Buying or building a home on mauritius.
February 01, 2006 05:38PM
By Arvind

Hello to all of ya!!

I'm interested in buying or building a home on Mauritius. How do I do that;

-I would like to know if it is possible for a foreigner to buy real estate on Mauritius?

-If it is possible, then what is the price if you buy a bungalow/villa (3-5 bedroom) near the beach in the most wanted areas. (all the facilities must be nearby)

-What are the prices for a piece of land in, for instance 1000-1500 m2.

-Is it cheaper to build? What would it cost me to build a 5 bedroom-villa/bungalow through a contractor?

-And what about license to build? Is this also necesarry?

-If it is not possible to buy property for a foreigner, isn't there some kind of construction for still buying property?

Herby I thank all of you(who will add an answer) very much.
 Reply  Quote

Hi Arvind,

Well as far i as know , for a foreigner to be able to buy a piece of land or a home he should detain a PR(permanent residence).
The prices of the land vary accross the island,it depends whether you want to be on the coastal region or in the central region.For more informations about this check this link

www.gov.mu
(you will find a lot of informations under the Non-citizen section.)

Wish you good luck!!
 Reply  Quote

Buying Property in Mauritius
March 03, 2006 05:13AM
By dev
Hi,
foreigners are not allowed to buy properties in Mauritius. However you can come as investors here and have a running business so as to be able to do the rest. having an estate agent to assist you will be a brilliant idea

Dev
 Reply  Quote

Mauritius property et al
March 10, 2006 03:32AM
Anonymous User
In answer to your questions :-

>-I would like to know if it
>is possible for a foreigner to
>buy real estate on Mauritius?

I believe that foreigners can now buy property in Mauritius as long as
i the price is greater than USD 500k
ii it is a detached property with its own swimming pool

>-If it is possible, then what is
>the price if you buy a
>bungalow/villa (3-5 bedroom) near the beach
>in the most wanted areas. (all
>the facilities must be nearby)

A property on the beach or with good sea view in a sought after location will see prices of anything between MUR 18M to MUR 45M

>-What are the prices for a piece
>of land in, for instance 1000-1500
>m2.

This depends on the location of the land but prices range from MUR 4,500 to MUR 20,000 per toise.

>-Is it cheaper to build?

Yes I believe so having done it myself

What would
>it cost me to build a
>5 bedroom-villa/bungalow through a contractor?

This depends on the finishings and quality of workmanship

>-And what about license to build? Is
>this also necesarry?

Yes - your architect/structural engineer will be able to apply for this

Let me know if you require any additional info

Regards

Justin
 Reply  Quote

hi

ive saw your add ,,, i think i can help u ...i have a 3 bedroom apartment,,300mts walk from the public beach ...swimming pool,3 bathroom,kitchen, diner,living room n a laudry room.. + terrace & build in bbq....

its a brand new building still in building process... very builtiful view .. got 4 floor ,,, ground floor and top floor is 5 millions mauritian rupees... 1st n 2nd floor is 4 millions mauritian rupees...

very high standard finish...

please feel free to contact me on pkev001org@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

prav
 Reply  Quote

Buying a plot of land in Mauritius and building it the way you want is really very very expensive. So if you;'re ready to invest, then i can't see there is any problem. You should register from the District Council that you;'re building a house, bungalow or whatsoever, and they'll provide you the necessary documents.

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

Everyone has their own individual ideas when it comes to what makes up a great location. If you have young children, it might be important to look at the location of schools, parks and other recreational facilities. On the other hand, an older couple might find it more relevant to have easy access to health services and other community support facilities in the area. Write out a check list of essentials for your neighbourhood to guide you in your decision making process.

sell house quickly
 Reply  Quote

Hello Arvind,

If you interested in buying or building a home on Mauritius.firstly important to look at the location of recreational facilities. and easy access to health services and other community support facilities in the place.

?????

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 07:19PM by autobus.
 Reply  Quote

I am also interrested in property in Mauritius. Is it not very expensive though?
 Reply  Quote

Re: Buying or building a home on mauritius.
February 12, 2011 01:43PM
By BG191
Hi JohnnyO
It not that expensive to buy/build in Mau. BUT you must have a good contractor who is reliable and you should be on the spot most of the time.
But if you are interested to buy a plot of land be the beach you can contact me.
I am selling a plot of land which i inherit.
by the way where you from?
Email me - frenchconnection191@yahoo.co.uk.
Bg.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map