Africa Guide
recommended trip :

work permit

Driving license
May 27, 2004 04:23AM
Anonymous User
Is an Indian driving license valid in Mauritus or should an Indian driving license first be converted to an international one to be valid for Mauritis

would be grateful for guidance
Regards and thanks
Roopa
 Reply  Quote

YES
May 27, 2004 11:51AM
By VIKAS
Yes, Indian driving license is valid in Mauritius. But you need to get a temporary Mauritius driving licensed issued from Police Department. All you have to do is go to Police Barrack in Port Louis, show your Indian driving license and they will issue you temporary Mauritian driving license valid for 1 year on the spot. No test, no need for International license. They may just ask you your purpose of stay in Mauritius (they asked me this!, I am an Indian on work permit here.)
After the expiry of this license, you can get it re-issued for another year.

Let me know if you need any further help.

HAPPY DRIVING…
 Reply  Quote

Re: YES
July 28, 2015 06:57AM
Hi!! Can you help me by answering some questions? Actually there are some chances that we will move to Mauritius but I wanted to know that what is the main mode of transport there? And cabs prices are too high? And also please tell me that is it important to have our own private car instead of depending on cabs?? Plus are you sure Indian driving license is valid in Mauritius??
 Reply  Quote

work permit
October 25, 2004 11:58AM
By rajan
what if i come to mauritius on atourist visawell there isnt any now for indians and staying here after say 1 month feel like working here in mauritius, what formalities will be needed wouldthey ask me to go back and come?????????????????????????????
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map