Africa Guide
recommended trip :

divali again

Mauritius Festival
October 16, 2003 05:50AM
Anonymous User
Hello Everyone smiling smiley

For everyone of you thats coming to mauritius in the month of october , dont forget to check out a hindu festival that is named divali !! its a huge festival that form part of the mauritian custom .

It is going to be celebrated on the saturday of 25th october.

Have fun and enjoy.

n.b: i pointed this out , just to make you feel mauritius differently unlike... stereotyping .

Enjoy,
Kayssaven

Kayssaven@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

more info pls
October 16, 2003 12:29PM
By VIKAS
Hi K7,
Can you please tell if there is some specific event during Diwali time? Any public celebration or any thing that will be good to attend or to be part of?

Thanks.
 Reply  Quote

Divali
October 16, 2003 06:03PM
By anne
Hi Vikas

I was for Divali in Triolet.
Go there in the night, walk along the streets and admire the thousands of small lights and talk with the people.
take a look on my website

www.mauritiustipps.de.vu

under facq, prices you will find a picture of Divali in Triolet

many greetings anne
 Reply  Quote

Divali Date
October 16, 2003 06:05PM
By anne
Hi

i forgot the date

Divali : 25/10/2003

Divali is the most jovial of all Hindu festivals. This public holiday is celebrated on 25th October this year. It marks the victory of Rame over Ravana and also commemorates Krishna´s destruction of the demon Narakasuran. Clay oil lamps are placed in front of every home turning the island into a fairyland of flickering lights

greetings anne
 Reply  Quote

divali again
October 17, 2003 06:46AM
Anonymous User
Hi vikas ,

Normally the government will be organizing big parties and shows everywhere, you'll see it accordingly in newspapers.

and on www.servihoo.com ! moreover i'll advise not to stick to triolet itself , go round the island , and find a HOST that will make you LIVE divali.. Then you'll feel the magic in it .

Enjoy,
K7
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map