Africa Guide
recommended trip :

History

Hi!
Thanks for help in advance.
I want to know monthly expenses in mauritius for a family of 3. We are from India-Mumbai.
I also want to know job prospects for software engineer, as i am software engineer.
Are cress facilities for babies available there? Are any mess food concept over there?
If yes what is the cost in MUR.
 Reply  Quote

costs
September 15, 2003 07:15AM
Anonymous User
basically speaking you'll have to spend 7000 rupees average for a "cress facilities" that is professional where they talk in english.

a cress for mauritian will be to 2000 mauritian rupees.

Monthly expenses i believe will be accordingly to
MUR 10000 for a family of three people.

we have mess food concept .. but only in a certain big companies or else you have to buy .

Was this helpful?

K7
 Reply  Quote

Thanks K7!
September 16, 2003 11:19AM
Anonymous User
Thanks K7 for the information.

Can you tell about job oppourtunities for software engineers in software industry \ Education Stream? I am working as a programmer analyst - VB\SQL.
Is Port Luis far from Pointe Aux Sables?
How this Pointe Aux Sables area?

Thanks!
Mrunal
 Reply  Quote

Re: Thanks K7!
January 29, 2013 10:29AM
Hi mrunal,
I am also searching for a job in mauritius. Can u help me ??

Regards
Jitendra
 Reply  Quote

welcome !!
September 16, 2003 01:08PM
By VIKAS
Hi Mrinal..congrats!! Well, I am an Indian too working here for past few months and first thing I can tell you is, you will love being here. I can tell you one basic thing and it will solve your problem. Taking out accommodation, rest everything (almost) cost same as in India provided you don't take exchange rate in consideration. Example - Milk shake which costs you INR Rs.40 in India will cost you MUR Rs.40 in Mauritius !!. This law is applicable to most (but not every) things here. Be it clothes, shoes, soap etc. Accommodation varies, if its company provided then for 3 persons MUR Rs. 7k to 11k is a pretty good amount. Hope this will help.
 Reply  Quote

Re: welcome !!
September 30, 2011 05:22AM
By rani
Hi,
I want to relocate mauritius , currently i am working in india and i have 4 years of experience in BPO as a customer care with HR and logistic, could you please anyone tell me what are the job oppurtinity for me in mauritius and how can i get a visa to realocate.Please do the needful.

Thanks,
Rani
 Reply  Quote

Pointes aux sables
September 17, 2003 06:18AM
Anonymous User
Pointes aux sables is by the beach .. there is a public beach there.

it is 10 mins by bus to POrt louis the capital , but during peak time it can be 30 mins depending on traffic.

The area is the middle family places like .. not highly residential places.

But i feel you will like this

If you are good in VB/SQL there is room for you as its very competitive here.

but there is room , if you get some time get in touch with ASP.net as this too is taking a high kick smiling smiley

K7
 Reply  Quote

Hi!
September 26, 2003 04:15AM
Anonymous User
Hi!
Thanks for information.
Can any one tell us about tax structure in Mauritius. If a person has around 20,000 MUR salary and accomodation provided by company, then how much he can save if stays alone? How much he can save if he stays with family?
Is accomodation very costly? Can you give us rough figs?
What are the petrol rates? Can we buy a car?

Thanks
Mrunal
 Reply  Quote

Re: Hi!
September 29, 2011 10:27AM
hiiiii....i want to do mba in mauritius and i m taking admission in portluis(private college)..i want to know hows opportunity there..can i get part time job and after course i will able to get job or not....i will do mba in international business..
 Reply  Quote

mauritius
September 26, 2003 10:32AM
Anonymous User
Tax structure is like middle between Progessive and regressive.. for your case it shall be like

The whole income of the family should be less than 200,000 if it is more you'll pay like 10 to 12 % out of it , but currently this is only approximate smiling smiley

Runal normally you can save 60 % of your pay minimum provided you live decently and not partying everyday ,

Petrol is not expensive same as india .

Buy a car , basically i dont have the information with me , if people not of the mauritian nationality can buy a car , i will give you later.

Accomodation ::: fully furnished in a highly residential place .. cost about 9000 rupees minimum ( value for money though)

basically speaking you can get an average for 5000 rupees. if you search well..

Hope i answered all your queries .

Kayssaven
 Reply  Quote

Costs
September 26, 2003 10:39AM
By VIKAS
Hi Mrunal,
At 20k you will be paying tax approx Rs.2000. If your are cooking at home and are not too fond of spending a lot of money outside, 2 adults can easily live on a budget of Rs.6 to 8k per month. That is a good saving especially if you are sending the money back to India because you get 1.65 times more due to currency rate. So Rs.10000 saved here means Rs.16500 in India!! Accommodation varies ranging from 2k per month (good one) depending upon your location. You can buy a second hand imported car easily but it will be expensive. Almost as good as buying a new Zen in India. Alternatively you can think of getting your existing car (if you have one) to Mauritius. Some payments will be applicable though. Petrol rate is almost same as in India.

Bottom line : If your are getting 20k+ here, come down with family. You will enjoy being here.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Costs
October 06, 2012 02:20AM
hi Vikas,thanx for good advise..Brother i am also looking for a job in mauritius.But unable to understand how ?Please brother help me out of this problem because their are many fake sources to get job.But as u are already in mauritius,so plz advise me kindly.As an Indian i am looking for ur kind support.
I am commerce PG from KANPUR UNIVERSITY & also having one year specialized diploma in export management fro imt-dlp ghaziabad.i have 1 year experience in sales & distrbution ( finance-stock broking ) as a unit manager & Branch Manager.
thanx ...
deep singh
emailid- desings31@yahoo.co.in
 Reply  Quote

Confirmation
October 15, 2003 10:48AM
Anonymous User
Hello Mrunal ,

I guess this is the final information

vikas said it all smiling smiley

rgds,
kayssaven
 Reply  Quote

about Mauritius
January 26, 2004 08:16AM
Anonymous User
Dear Mrinal,

We are also considering a job offer from Mauritius. My husband would be placed as a teacher in a school there.

Typically what are the salaries there?
We are from Pune/Aurangabad so you could
probably give us some sharply focussed help.
We like to cook home, even if my husband goes
there alone, he is most likely to cook himself.
Please let us know your relocation experience
if you have already relocated.

Thanks and regards,

Pallavi
 Reply  Quote

Hi
January 26, 2004 10:47AM
By VIKAS
Hi Pallavi,
I am Indian too who came to Mauritius 6 months back (I am in IT). Contact me if you have an specific query. It will be a pleasure to help you in anyway I can. My email id is : i_c_t_guy@yahoo.com

Regards
Vivek
 Reply  Quote

Re: Hi
January 04, 2011 04:05AM
Hello Vikas,

I am also an IT professional, and looking for opportunities in Mauritius. I would like to know the job scene there for IT professionals. also what is the average salaries offered to IT professionals. and does Indian national require Work permit and how to go about if one wants to apply to companies in Mauritius

Thanks
Hemant
 Reply  Quote

Re: Hi
January 09, 2011 02:03PM
By mamta
hi all, i am from India and really want to settle down in MRU with my family. can any one help me to know about school procedures for my 7 yr. old child and also i wanted to know hows the market there for ladies salwaar suits as i am a designer and wish to open up a store for it.
 Reply  Quote

Salaries of Univ / college teachers...
January 28, 2004 09:52AM
Anonymous User
What are salaries paid to college / university
teachers in Computer Science?
Would exceptionally qualified teachers be paid
higher starting salaries?

Please guide me...

Pallavi
 Reply  Quote

All Abt Expatriates In Mauritius.
August 29, 2004 05:37AM
Anonymous User
Dear All,
I am a S/W Engineer currently working in MRU with a reputed ISP firm. I am here since 1 year now. I suddenly came across this FORUM and would like to share some of my experiences here.

--> LIVING: Well living here is very expensive excpet that one finds a cheap accomodationand yes if you are the one fond of all those STAR and ZEE TV than forget abt it since this is not the place for you. In Mauritian Rs. 5000 you will hardly find any accomodation. At least yu need to spend some Mauritian Rs. 8000 - 9000 p.m. for a good acceptable accomodation.

--> Moving Around: If yuo are thining that you will work in Mauritius and at the same time move around and visit Mauritius than again forget about it. The first reason is the local transport facilities here is extremely poor. You will find no BUS after 18:00. so you need a TAXI. TAXIs here do not have any meters and the drivers will always over quote the fares and the normal fare is Mauritian Rs. 200 for a normal distance of 8 kms. Moreover most of the places have some entry fees which will be around Mauritian Rs.500 (however this is acceptable). Other than this all places do not have BUSES going. Still Mauritian Govt. promotes it as a tourist island. Basically it lacks basic facilities needed by a tourist (except that the tourist is rich and ready to spend).
NOTE: If you own your own car than no need to worry.

--> Safety: Streets are deserted by 18:00. You will rarely find anyone walking on streets except the drunkards lying here and there and dancing on top of their voices. I do not hink it is quite safe for a person to walk alone during evening time except the person is in some famous tourist spot like GRAND BAIE or PORT LOUIS.

--> Getting Here: The AIR FARES of AIR MAURITIUS are extremely high. Normally in these airfares one can go to EUROPE from India and get back. For a journey of 6 hours from Bombay these air fares are very high.

--> Immigration Rules: These rules are almost stupid that these people are having. I willl tell you my experinece. I obtained my work permit when in was in India. I approached mauritian consulate with it. I wanted to come here with my Mom and wife where they will coming as dependants. I applied for the VISA and all. THEY ISSUED US A TOURIST VISA OF 1 MONTH. My Work permit was for 1 year. it is meaning less to issue us tourist VISA since we were not tourists. If yuo have got a small baby of merely 1 month these people will ask for a RESIDENCE PERMIT for that baby seperately along with its to and fro tickets as if the baby if not allowed to stay in mauritius will return alone by plane ha ha ha ha ha........

--> Eating: Well there are many Indian restaurants available here where you can enjoy Indian cuisine. however they will be expensive. One meal for two adults will generally cost at around mauritian Rs. 700 - 1000. So again be prepared to spend.

--> Shopping: Generally you find everything in India. But still Mauritius is very good for shopping and bargaining etc.
 Reply  Quote

Re: All Abt Expatriates In Mauritius.
February 21, 2011 12:39PM
By Divya
In response to Anonymous User

Well all I got to say if you are not happy how things are in Mauritius, you know the way out of my country. I don't like the idea of having a lot of immigrants myself since my island can offer so much. I think there are better options out there such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, England etc. I actually think Mauritius should close its immigration entry as we are already enough for the island. Anyone who's interested to come visit, you are very welcome. Wanna invest, no problem with that as well. If you have any problem travelling around, well thats so sad...buy yourself a car and stop complaining. You don't feel safe going out after 6 p.m, isn't that sad now. Get yourself involved in a hobby that will keep you entertained....best thing according to me would be: go back to your own country.
 Reply  Quote

Re: All Abt Expatriates In Mauritius.
February 21, 2011 12:55PM
By Divya
In response to Anonymous User

Well all I got to say if you are not happy how things are in Mauritius, you know the way out of my country. I don't like the idea of having a lot of immigrants myself since my island can offer so much. I think there are better options out there such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, England etc. I actually think Mauritius should close its immigration entry as we are already enough for the island. Anyone who's interested to come visit, you are very welcome. Wanna invest, no problem with that as well. If you have any problem travelling around, well thats so sad...buy yourself a car and stop complaining. You don't feel safe going out after 6 p.m, isn't that sad now. Get yourself involved in a hobby that will keep you entertained....best thing according to me would be: go back to your own country.

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear All,
> I am a S/W Engineer currently working in
> MRU with a reputed ISP firm. I am here since 1
> year now. I suddenly came across this FORUM and
> would like to share some of my experiences here.
>
> --> LIVING: Well living here is very expensive
> excpet that one finds a cheap accomodationand yes
> if you are the one fond of all those STAR and ZEE
> TV than forget abt it since this is not the place
> for you. In Mauritian Rs. 5000 you will hardly
> find any accomodation. At least yu need to spend
> some Mauritian Rs. 8000 - 9000 p.m. for a good
> acceptable accomodation.
>
> --> Moving Around: If yuo are thining that you
> will work in Mauritius and at the same time move
> around and visit Mauritius than again forget about
> it. The first reason is the local transport
> facilities here is extremely poor. You will find
> no BUS after 18:00. so you need a TAXI. TAXIs here
> do not have any meters and the drivers will always
> over quote the fares and the normal fare is
> Mauritian Rs. 200 for a normal distance of 8 kms.
> Moreover most of the places have some entry fees
> which will be around Mauritian Rs.500 (however
> this is acceptable). Other than this all places do
> not have BUSES going. Still Mauritian Govt.
> promotes it as a tourist island. Basically it
> lacks basic facilities needed by a tourist (except
> that the tourist is rich and ready to spend).
> NOTE: If you own your own car than no need to
> worry.
>
> --> Safety: Streets are deserted by 18:00. You
> will rarely find anyone walking on streets except
> the drunkards lying here and there and dancing on
> top of their voices. I do not hink it is quite
> safe for a person to walk alone during evening
> time except the person is in some famous tourist
> spot like GRAND BAIE or PORT LOUIS.
>
> --> Getting Here: The AIR FARES of AIR MAURITIUS
> are extremely high. Normally in these airfares one
> can go to EUROPE from India and get back. For a
> journey of 6 hours from Bombay these air fares are
> very high.
>
> --> Immigration Rules: These rules are almost
> stupid that these people are having. I willl tell
> you my experinece. I obtained my work permit when
> in was in India. I approached mauritian consulate
> with it. I wanted to come here with my Mom and
> wife where they will coming as dependants. I
> applied for the VISA and all. THEY ISSUED US A
> TOURIST VISA OF 1 MONTH. My Work permit was for 1
> year. it is meaning less to issue us tourist VISA
> since we were not tourists. If yuo have got a
> small baby of merely 1 month these people will ask
> for a RESIDENCE PERMIT for that baby seperately
> along with its to and fro tickets as if the baby
> if not allowed to stay in mauritius will return
> alone by plane ha ha ha ha ha........
>
> --> Eating: Well there are many Indian restaurants
> available here where you can enjoy Indian cuisine.
> however they will be expensive. One meal for two
> adults will generally cost at around mauritian Rs.
> 700 - 1000. So again be prepared to spend.
>
> --> Shopping: Generally you find everything in
> India. But still Mauritius is very good for
> shopping and bargaining etc.
>
 Reply  Quote

hi to all,

I think the guy who wrote this article is not staying in Mauritius.
I was in mauritius this february. all the taxi has meter reader. it's up to you how to communicate with them, yes the rate is higher than India. further, we should stop comparing Mauritius culture with Indian culture. even when i was in London, Indian always complain. you guys wherever you go you complain, then return to your india. I stay in India for three years, yes it's a good countries with the worst corrupted Politicians, I will never say Policemen are corrupted as i had witnessed why Policemen can't do their job. in some places, the influencial people does slap policeman either on the road or in police station. anyway, such thing there is no way you will find in Mauritius. Yes there is rape everywhere, but at least in Mauritius, there are more respect to female than India in general.

please stop writing rubbish, one should understand, there is no better place in this country than his own country. one should know that in no country we will get everything. America was a dreamland, but has it really been a dream land?
 Reply  Quote

to know about mauritius
October 21, 2004 11:36AM
Anonymous User
Sir,
I have done MBA with marketting stream.Sir, I have 4+ years experience in India(New Delhi).
Sir, I want to know about the job facilities in mauritius.Sir,If u give me some guidelines to come,I will obelige u for ever.
Thank you
Yours Truly
ANUJ KAPIL
 Reply  Quote

well said mir....
November 17, 2004 10:58AM
Anonymous User
Hi Mir, I appriciate what you said about Mauritius.. coz in films and on www we see the complete opposite picture of it as a tourist country...i got the work permit and the resident permit as well.. but plannnig to go within a year.. are you form mumbai..? am placed at cupipe...7137110
 Reply  Quote

URGENT!!!
February 15, 2005 10:30AM
Anonymous User
URGENTLY need to get in touch with Dr Amit Dave who was recently in Mauritius. Am one of his grateful patients.
 Reply  Quote

Hi Dr.Dave Here
July 26, 2005 09:13AM
please mail your queries to my email; address mentioned above.. Regds,Dr.Dave
 Reply  Quote

mauritius friends
August 01, 2005 04:32PM
hello , so nice to see that some people are finding ancient patients , friends !!!

thanks africa guide .c o m

Kayssaven
 Reply  Quote

All Abt Expatriates In Mauritius
December 06, 2005 08:58AM
By arshooo
Hello
I am arshan from pakistan. I have been reading messeges on this forum for the last8-10 days. I find it very informative regarding mauritius settlement and working issues.
OK, i am also here for the same thing. want to visit mauritius, look for a job then will try to settle. Much has been written so i will not say like that. I want suggestion from you fellows on going to mauritius on tourist visa and then look for a job rather than applying from your home country. I think some of you will reply .
Thank You
 Reply  Quote

JUST DO IT
December 07, 2005 12:17PM
I used to live in Mauritius till a month ago... I am planning to get back, however professional growth keeps me here in India.

Mauritius is a beautiful place and whatever said and done, like all places some good and good bad stuff..I am not sure if some of the negative things written above are absolutely true..

I have an offer that might matrialize in the month and January. The love of my life lives in Mauritius.. YES.. i fell in love with someone in Mauritius and i am looking forward to coming back.

Being a small country, the companies in MRU are also small. This inhibits growth on the professional front.I am an Service Delivery Manager in a BPO firm in India looking are an Asst Vice President role in about 12 months. I cant find a job with my kind of bandwidth in mauritius and thats the sad part. Even though I have a Residence Permit and work permit. I will may be some time down the line come and settle for a small coffee shop and spend my life in mauritius by porbably opening up a small BPO firm. I love the infrastructure... its comparable to the best in India and the Bi-Lingual Talent is marvellous.

I miss my hangouts at the Buddha Beach Bar and Fresh.. excellent places to hang out and chill... The parties i used to throw at my house was something all my friends look forward to.

Am waiting for AIR INDIA to commence operations to MRU.. hope the flight costs come down. The price is quite prohibitive. I can atleast increase the frequency of my visits.

Neway.. THose of you wanting to go to mru.. Think not twice.. Like Nike says it .. JUST DO IT !!
 Reply  Quote

Indians
December 28, 2005 03:36PM
You indians are simply sad, you know how to leave your own country to come to mauritius for jobs and then criticize the country. If I were to make a list of bad things about mauritius it might fit on a page, but for india it would take 200 cyclopedic volumes. If you hate it so much why dont you leave? In india busses are overloaded, people are spitting and shitting on the side of roads, mannerless, no law and order, bribery... filth of india!!! Why do you want a residence permit in mauritius? If you hate it?!! If you give all those patriot indians a passport and air tickets your india would be empty in a day! You wanna save money? Criticize how hard it is in Mauritius? If you can get a better standard of living in your country with your indian salary then why dont you stop polluting our country with your filth?
 Reply  Quote

mir
December 28, 2005 03:47PM
dont settle in my country go back to your india , go before its too late man... and stop talking trash about mauritians... it could save you a lot.
 Reply  Quote

History
December 29, 2005 06:10AM
Anonymous User
People of Mauritius.... Where did they come from? What is their origin? Not to forget 80% of people in Mauritius are nothing but Indians who are termed as Indian Diasphoras (people of Indian Origin) by the Mauritian Government itself. But still people of Mauritius think that they came from FRANCE or some fancy place like that. I guess history is not being taught properly in here. Most of the activities in mauritius is supported by Indian Governement and funds too arrive from there and not from anywhere else. CyberTower is fully funded by India. There is a SUPREME COURT plan on the roadmap which is funded fully by India. Mauritius have a treaty with India that in case if some foregin country invades Mauritius in any kind of attack htere shall be immediate rescue coming in from Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. Lots more. This is enough for the world to make understand what i am trying to say.
As far as nature and tidiness is concerned Mauritius is ofcourse much better which is universal truth.
 Reply  Quote

History
December 30, 2005 04:30AM
By Sadie
Hi All There !

Very interesting reading about your views about india and comparing with mauritius. As a connaisseur of both lands, I would like to 'enlighten' some of you who might not have a thorough picture in your mind of both places.

As someone said quite vindicatively that the majority of the mauritian's popul. are of Indian origin. True. So are they of French origin. They do not fantasise but it the sad truth of having been colonised. There have never been any indigineous people in mauritius nor animals apart from the dodo and some lizards. Devoid of any predators of any sort, Darwin called it a paradise as it is a rare phenomenon. Nothing to do with the lush green or dazzling clean beautiful beaches !!
The DIFFERENCE between indians and people of indian origin is intermix and fusion which has resulted in the unique 'mauritian' who can claim in all decency and legitimacy his/her decent of indian/chinese/french/african/english parentage without causing any offence and being an outcast(e) as he/she would be in India ! The bonding, inseparability is unknown in India. The indian who came and settled here evolved and embraced other cultures and races and made his own mark. The success of mauritius does not lie in the support of the Indian govt. (we all know the strategic political positions of the North/South positioning in Mauritius French-Brits v/s Indian)
BUT the mixing of skills and knowledge from the other ethinic groups fundamental in the personal growth and integrity that the average mauritian possesses compared to teh indian. Showing a good face, giving a good service and self pride is very important for the mauritian. Not trying to rip or cheat you on the first instant. The smallness of the place has contributed to this, no one can escape a bad act, it will be known by everyone and dishonour will follow as well as being caught, UNLIKE India where anyone can disappear in a flash into the billions of heads and untraceable !
The island devoid of any riches and natural resources has teh highest GNP in Africa and iNdian Ocean, knowing an amazing economic success in a span of 20-30 years. We live in a standard of life matched to any rich country. The high middle class service oriented workers are 96.3% university educated in the best places around the world. The education is a strict English one side by side with French and culturally strong with other asian languages and arts. The average mauritian is comfortable both in Delhi, Singapore, Paris, London, Durban, Geneva, New York or Beijing !. This is not the case of the average indian.
May I remind our dear friend that the scheme of creating the PIO was an Indian move to get back all the indians abroad who have made it to come back and invest in India. The mauritian dreams to go to Delhi and Mumbai to shop indian stuff and watch bollywood stars. It stops there. NO ONE break their neck to try to get a job in India or sneak and settle there. It is only an Indian thing. They are coming in mass to mauritius claiming the similar heritage and rights. BUT Mauritius is not India - nor anr dependent territory. There are people of indian decents in many countries of the world, take UK, they know their place there as the Brits have showed to them in the right way. There is an ongoing interest in the strategic location of mauritius, where the French and Brits/American have a strong hand but the indians feel weak inspite of their majority and massive investment in the country. Why would india bother to support mauritius so much if it did not have any interest ? it has millions who are starving and poverty among the highest in the world.
We have derived our wealth of good manners, cleanliness, professionalism on our own and made this tiny island into a pot of gold while India. I have great respect and awe for India, it is a great land and has given the world a lot. Please do not destroy its image by such comments. India's greatness arises from allowing its poeple to have had freedom and prosperity whereever they have gone. It does not happen in India. WHY !? because indians bicker and 'eat' each other.
So Sad. You should be proud of mauritius where you can find so many brothers instead of criticising it. Do you feel more at home in Mauritius or the streets in SE London ? Where do you feel more valued and respected ? In New York or streets of G Baie where you are stared at and loved thinking you might be 'indian' and perhaps a bollywood actor !!

cheers and peace !
 Reply  Quote

Sadie_History
December 30, 2005 06:26AM
Anonymous User
In a way what Sadie has mentioned above is somewhat true and i agree. However MY ONLY POINT IN MAKING COMMENTS IN MY HISTORY SECTION IS

MOST OF MAURITIANS ARE INDIANS BUT STILL THEY MAKE IT A POINT TO TALK SHIT ABOUT THEIR OWN MOTHER LAND INDIA WHICH IS QUITE SAD.

Whatever the case may be, this section is meant for providing information to people coming to Mauritius from India for work purposes so that they may get a clear picture which may not be the same that they see in Hindi Films.

LET ME ANNOUNCE HERE THAT SCENARIO HAS NOW CHANGED. THIS IS 2006. INDIA IS AS GOOD PAY MASTER AS MAURITIUS IF NOT BETTER. INDIAN ECONOMY IS BOOSTING INSPITE OF MANY DISASTERS / CALAMITIES / TERROR ATACKS HAPPENING. ONE MUST NOT THINK THAT IN MAURITIUS HE WILL EARN MORE THAN WHAT HE CAN IN INDIA BECAUSE THAT IS A MISCONCEPTION NOW. THE ONLY PRIME THING IS
WORK SATISFACTION WHEREVER ONE WORKS.
THERE ARE LOTS OF MAURITIAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY GONE TO INDIA FOR WORK INSPITE OF THE FACT THAT THEY WERE ON VERY GOOD POSITIONS IN MAURITIUS. THE ONLY REASON IS MAY BE THEY HAVE ALL RIGHTS TO DO SO SINCE THAT ALSO IS THEIR OWN LAND.

BUT IT IS THE MENTALITY OF AN AVERAGE INDIAN (ofcourse many of mauritians are included in this) TO GO OUT OF HIS COUNTRY AND WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE. THIS IS THE REASON YOU WILL FIND MANY INDIANS EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD. THERE IS NO SINGLE PLACE ON WORLD WHERE YOU DO NOT FIND A PERSON OF INDIAN RACE BE IT WAR FIELD OF TALIBAN.

I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN SEVERAL COUNTRIES BUT IT IS A FACT THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WHICH CAN NOT BE DESCRIBED BUT WILL SURELY ATTRACT AN INDIAN TO STAY IN MAURITIUS...........................
 Reply  Quote

Re: Sadie_History
January 31, 2011 10:55PM
By Aarshi
Anonymous User Wrote:
> In a way what Sadie has mentioned above is
> somewhat true and i agree. However MY ONLY POINT
> IN MAKING COMMENTS IN MY HISTORY SECTION IS
>
> MOST OF MAURITIANS ARE INDIANS BUT STILL THEY MAKE
> IT A POINT TO TALK SHIT ABOUT THEIR OWN MOTHER
> LAND INDIA WHICH IS QUITE SAD.
>
> Whatever the case may be, this section is meant
> for providing information to people coming to
> Mauritius from India for work purposes so that
> they may get a clear picture which may not be the
> same that they see in Hindi Films.
>
> LET ME ANNOUNCE HERE THAT SCENARIO HAS NOW
> CHANGED. THIS IS 2006. INDIA IS AS GOOD PAY MASTER
> AS MAURITIUS IF NOT BETTER. INDIAN ECONOMY IS
> BOOSTING INSPITE OF MANY DISASTERS / CALAMITIES /
> TERROR ATACKS HAPPENING. ONE MUST NOT THINK THAT
> IN MAURITIUS HE WILL EARN MORE THAN WHAT HE CAN IN
> INDIA BECAUSE THAT IS A MISCONCEPTION NOW. THE
> ONLY PRIME THING IS
> WORK SATISFACTION WHEREVER ONE WORKS.
> THERE ARE LOTS OF MAURITIAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE
> ALREADY GONE TO INDIA FOR WORK INSPITE OF THE FACT
> THAT THEY WERE ON VERY GOOD POSITIONS IN
> MAURITIUS. THE ONLY REASON IS MAY BE THEY HAVE ALL
> RIGHTS TO DO SO SINCE THAT ALSO IS THEIR OWN LAND.
>
> BUT IT IS THE MENTALITY OF AN AVERAGE INDIAN
> (ofcourse many of mauritians are included in this)
> TO GO OUT OF HIS COUNTRY AND WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE.
> THIS IS THE REASON YOU WILL FIND MANY INDIANS
> EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD. THERE IS NO SINGLE PLACE
> ON WORLD WHERE YOU DO NOT FIND A PERSON OF INDIAN
> RACE BE IT WAR FIELD OF TALIBAN.
>
> I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN SEVERAL COUNTRIES BUT IT IS
> A FACT THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WHICH CAN NOT BE
> DESCRIBED BUT WILL SURELY ATTRACT AN INDIAN TO
> STAY IN MAURITIUS...........................
>
>

Hi

I'm a Mauritian and my ancestors are from India.

I have no bad feelings for India or Indian. But I don't agree with you , ie, our mother land is India.

MY MOTHER LAND IS MAURITIUS, the place where I was born and grown up.

I know nothing about India, i.e, its culture, standard of living and most importantly its national anthem!!! How can India be my mother land when I don't even know the national anthem!!!

India is the mother land of my (and all hindous) ancestors but for the new generation Mauritius is our motherland.
 Reply  Quote

History
December 30, 2005 08:51AM
By Sadie
I agree that it is in the psyche of Indians in general to try to find work whereever they can. It is understandable as being the 2nd most populated country in the world. Mauritians do not have this problem. In fact, manual labour is imported from china, india, bangladesh etc,...
I however Do NOT AGREE that 'all mauritians are indians' there is a big difference between being Indian and being Mauritian. They are two entirely different countries. Maybe, it is this misconception that leads people to believe that they own some place just because they happen to share the same decent. And we know the result with all the conflicts around the world. I totally agree that the purpose of this forum is to give travel info but sometimes people's wrong conceptions lead one to try and present the truth.
Indians looking for jobs and residency in Mauritius should change their attitude and expectations as the immigration laws are very strict. There is a very simple reason for it - the island is too small ! if they opened the doors to all those who claim 'rights' and ancestry we would have chinese, french, africans etc by bunch...and they would be spilling over to the sea. India is going thru a tremendous boom and Indians should realise that too. Instead of leaving their country , they should stay and contribute to their economy. Whenever there's a firm who need some experts just like the UN, they would call for the best candidates. Be it Indian or anyone. Mauritius cannot sustain a population of immigrants. Already, the state had to suffer the social wreckage caused by the mass of chinese, bangla workers. We simply do not have the place, infrastructure to cater for more. All public infrastructures are razor sharp regulated for the local population. It is not the policy of the state to create a concrete jungle to house people, give lousy public transport, chaos and pollution as it is teh case in India. The smooth relationship between the 2 countries and some ongoing new projects have lured a bunch of indians thinking they can build an eldorado here. It happened 200 yrs ago when the British lured the first indians to come here, telling them that there is gold under the big rocks in the sugar cane fields. This is after they abolished slavery.
I hope that you get the picture.
The only respect, job satisfaction a true indian can get is to polish, nurture and enrichen the golden goose that India used to be ! Make the world glorify its riches again by working hard making it in their own motherland. Give their MotherLand it's lost lustre and Pride.
You certainly cannot do it by settling and working in Mauritius which is tinier than Delhi !!!

BY THE WAY MAURITIANS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK IN INDIA winking smiley all they get is a tourist visa upon showing a fat bank balance to the high Comm office. Any PIO - Mauritian is hard to find as very few one can trace their roots back in India and those (un)fortunate few regretted it after discovering the sheer poverty that lies there and what they would have to support if they recognise the roots !.
I have 'stayed' in India for some years and 100% Mauritian, but now live in US/UK, I know the picture pretty well from all sides travelling a lot. A quick visit to the Indian High Commission website and the Government of Mauritius as well as the UN websites might be useful for anyone to understand the difference of being a citizen of a country and of thinking you are entitled one because you share the same roots.

Cheers !
 Reply  Quote

plz send me information
January 16, 2006 04:33PM

hi,its me nayan.i am trying to come here for my higherstudy.are u plz send information about mauritius?i am interested to get work permit and permanent resident.

waiting for your answer,plz answer

nayan
 Reply  Quote

information
February 25, 2006 07:10AM
Hi vivek,
i am vishal from mumbai.I want to know how do you rate mauritius for living and doing job. whats the opportunity you feel over there. I am a commerce graduate and MBA with 6 years experience. What is job scope for me. I want to settle in mauritius. please guide me.
 Reply  Quote

Mauritius Jobs
May 27, 2006 07:24AM
Hi Vivek!
Mauritius is a great place to live and work. There is a website on jobs in Mauritius: http://www.jobseek.com.mu. It is useful as there are new jobs posted regularly.

The best thing is to register on this website and check for new jobs from time to time. When you find a job that interests you, the best thing is to contact the employers directly.

Hope this helps!
 Reply  Quote

need job in mauritius
June 10, 2006 11:15AM
By surbhi
hello all, hi mr vivek
can anybody on this forum tell me what are the job prospects of an MCA graduate from delhi ..
as i am cuming to mauritius ate nd of this month or so .. and i posses an visa for 6 months which will be extended ..
iw ud be grateful to this forum .. am in search ofthe jobs in mauritius but i doidnt find anything .. on the site jjobseek....
whata all skills must on prepare before landing to mauritius
thanks
 Reply  Quote

Re: need job in mauritius
December 14, 2010 11:51PM
Hi all,

My name is Roshan, I'm from England.
I am a qualified architectural technician working on large commercial office interiors.
I would love to work in Mauritius in the oconstruction industry.
Please can someone give me some advice in pursuing this.

Thanks in advance
 Reply  Quote

Re: need job in mauritius
September 06, 2011 07:19AM
hi, i spend ten years in the IT industry as IT coordinator; should you require info, pleas email me..got a friend who was looking for developer,contracts basis... consultants@myt.mu
 Reply  Quote

Scope For Networking in mauritius
October 29, 2006 07:02AM
By aim4ash
Hi mir........I am from india....i am doing
M-Tech in Computer network engineering.......
I am looking for a job in mauritius concerned with my course......
Please do let me know..
 Reply  Quote

Bula Hello
November 18, 2006 02:17AM
hi,
Bhaskar , i am from Fiji , i would like to know more about your country ,i am planning to come there as missionary to work among the Indians as well as natives , can you tell us which district has no churcehs or schosls etc , i will will be comming there with my own support , we will purely do mission works , can you give us some insights.
thanks
shaju
 Reply  Quote

Job in Mauritius or SA
March 08, 2007 05:08PM
Hi,
I am from India. Recently we got an opportunity to get a job in Mauritius but it didn't work out but we still are hoping that we may get other opportunities. My husband has been in the Call Center industry for over 20 years and has been in senior positions. I would be grateful to anyone who will be able to get me addresses of call centers at Mauritius or South Africa. Id anybody is in that field please let me know what are his chances of finding a good job there. I look forward to valuable inputs. Thank you. You can send me an email
 Reply  Quote

Hello from India
December 05, 2007 06:39AM
Hello everyone,

I was just browsing about info on Mauritius and I came across your forum. I am from Chennai India and have a job offer in Mauritius. I wud b expected to start by Mid Jan 08'.

I was in Mauritius for a week in the 1st week of Oct 07 and liked the place.

It would be wonderful if anyone could give me some more info on mauritius.

Once I get ur replies I would reply to them.

Thank you

Afzal
 Reply  Quote

hi k7
December 06, 2007 08:41AM
Anonymous User
Hi k7

Please let me know how to go about job searching in mauritius, im kenya with a degree plus masters in tourism.
 Reply  Quote

Re: hi k7
May 10, 2012 08:59AM
Hi, did you get any assistance finding a job in Mauritius.
 Reply  Quote

jobs
December 06, 2007 08:47AM
Anonymous User
Hi pls let me know how i can get a job in mauritius, im kenyan.
 Reply  Quote

Jobs in Mauritius
July 04, 2008 05:29AM
Dear All,

Will you help me for getting job in Mauritius in DTH (Direct to Home Television Services) Sector like Dishtv, TataSky is working in India.

Thanks
Amit
amit78_alld@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

No worries in Mauritius
July 11, 2008 05:56AM
Anonymous User
Hi, I was reading the messages and found that there are many Indians planning to come to Mauritius so I thought of writing something.
Mauritius is mostly the same as in India. The cost of living, accommodation, food, etc is likely the same. Maybe, there are things which might be more expensive.
For IT people, like software engineer, etc, there are many work prospect for them. I am a web programmer too.
Anyway, you can visit the site "http://www.islandinfo.mu" for more info about Mauritius.
So, don't worry, be happy..
 Reply  Quote

Re: No worries in Mauritius
December 13, 2009 10:35AM
Hi

am kumar from Kochin , kerla , am looking jobs in Mauritius i have 5+ exp in webdevelopment php/mysql/js/ajax/apache , can u refer me , please give you email id for communication

my gtalk id : tnav077346@gmail.com

Thanks

Anonymous User Wrote:
> Hi, I was reading the messages and found that
> there are many Indians planning to come to
> Mauritius so I thought of writing something.
> Mauritius is mostly the same as in India. The cost
> of living, accommodation, food, etc is likely the
> same. Maybe, there are things which might be more
> expensive.
> For IT people, like software engineer, etc, there
> are many work prospect for them. I am a web
> programmer too.
> Anyway, you can visit the site
> "[www.islandinfo.mu"]; for more info about
> Mauritius.
> So, don't worry, be happy..
>
>
 Reply  Quote

Hey Hi everyone, i feel a bit disappointed when i see peolple making tall claims about India , MAURITIUS. People , is it really necessary to go into debates? Both countries are great , we have a lot of things common.As an Indian I am proud and I feel happy my LOVE is MAURITIAN. She is sucha wonderful person. Whatever Mauritians say but I must say I dont feel there is even 5% difference in her attitude , culture. Hats off to Mauritian people for taking out nice things from Indian culture and amalgamating them with other cultures. And yeah largest FDI coming into India from Mauritius etc. are political aspects. There is always a give and take policy, something we give them and something we take from them.

Brothers I am pursuing my MBA(Marketing, International Business) rightnow in India and have done Bachelors in German Language from JNU, New Delhi. My love is currently in JNU pursuing MA in Hindi. We want to live together for whole of my life. After persuading her parents for long we are loosing our hope, the only condition that is acceptable to all is I should take up a job in Mauritius. I have to decline many offers in India but it doesnt affect me if all is well in end. So now I HAVE STARTED SEARCHING FOR A JOB SUITING MY PROFILE. Kindly extend your suggestions in this regard.Where do I need to look up for a job.

IF U HAVE EVER FALLEN IN LOVE U WILL REALIZE THE URGENCY IN MY CASE. ALL LOVERS COME OUT PLZ. THANX
 Reply  Quote

Well what type of jobs are you searching for Mr surbhi?

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

I am a newbie here and just wanna say Hi to everyone. I am Daniel from Pennsylvania, US.

heloo evryone...!!

i got some information about a business school "ISITECH BUSINESS SCHOOL ". I am Planning to do MBA in the mentioned college.

plsss help me...is that college a reputed one?

will i get a job after doing MBA there?

did any indians study there?
 Reply  Quote

hi...i want to pursue MBA in ISITECH BUSINESS SCHOOL...is the certificate given by them valuable? wat about placements? will i get a job after pursuing MBA ? plss help me...
 Reply  Quote

about the place
February 19, 2012 08:27AM
By ABHIJIT
Hi,

I would like to know if a person wants to work there which university degrees are preferred? For eg if someone has done Hotel Management & wants to work there
would his degree be preferd frm an Indian University or a foreign university?

Moreover any ideas what would be the pay for a fresher in a hotel as a manager or equivalent post?
 Reply  Quote

Job opportunies in Maurutius
May 10, 2012 08:56AM
Hi,

im a kenyan, how are job opportunities in Mauritius, what are the law requirements. Career line is Business administration.
 Reply  Quote

Hello everyone,

Please let me know , how to get a JOB in IT in Mauritius, i have 10 years of Exp in IT.

thanks
Abhishek Sharma
abhishek.sre@gmail.com
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map