The Africa Guide - AfricaGuide.com
The Africa Guide - AfricaGuide.com
HOME | CONTACT US | LINK TO US | NEWS LETTER | AFFILIATES
TOURS & SAFARIS | GUIDE TO AFRICA | FORUMS | SHOP | ACCOMMODATION | PHOTO LIBRARY | CLASSIFIEDS

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hi! I My husband got job in mauritius, i am planig to come there after 6 months, i want to know monthly expenses for 2 adults and one baby.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Scope For Networking in mauritius
October 29, 2006 07:02AM
Hi mir........I am from india....i am doing
M-Tech in Computer network engineering.......
I am looking for a job in mauritius concerned with my course......
Please do let me know..
Bula Hello
November 18, 2006 02:17AM
hi,
Bhaskar , i am from Fiji , i would like to know more about your country ,i am planning to come there as missionary to work among the Indians as well as natives , can you tell us which district has no churcehs or schosls etc , i will will be comming there with my own support , we will purely do mission works , can you give us some insights.
thanks
shaju
Job in Mauritius or SA
March 08, 2007 05:08PM
Hi,
I am from India. Recently we got an opportunity to get a job in Mauritius but it didn't work out but we still are hoping that we may get other opportunities. My husband has been in the Call Center industry for over 20 years and has been in senior positions. I would be grateful to anyone who will be able to get me addresses of call centers at Mauritius or South Africa. Id anybody is in that field please let me know what are his chances of finding a good job there. I look forward to valuable inputs. Thank you. You can send me an email
Hello from India
December 05, 2007 06:39AM
Hello everyone,

I was just browsing about info on Mauritius and I came across your forum. I am from Chennai India and have a job offer in Mauritius. I wud b expected to start by Mid Jan 08'.

I was in Mauritius for a week in the 1st week of Oct 07 and liked the place.

It would be wonderful if anyone could give me some more info on mauritius.

Once I get ur replies I would reply to them.

Thank you

Afzal
Anonymous User
hi k7
December 06, 2007 08:41AM
Hi k7

Please let me know how to go about job searching in mauritius, im kenya with a degree plus masters in tourism.
Anonymous User
jobs
December 06, 2007 08:47AM
Hi pls let me know how i can get a job in mauritius, im kenyan.
Jobs in Mauritius
July 04, 2008 05:29AM
Dear All,

Will you help me for getting job in Mauritius in DTH (Direct to Home Television Services) Sector like Dishtv, TataSky is working in India.

Thanks
Amit
amit78_alld@yahoo.com
Anonymous User
No worries in Mauritius
July 11, 2008 05:56AM
Hi, I was reading the messages and found that there are many Indians planning to come to Mauritius so I thought of writing something.
Mauritius is mostly the same as in India. The cost of living, accommodation, food, etc is likely the same. Maybe, there are things which might be more expensive.
For IT people, like software engineer, etc, there are many work prospect for them. I am a web programmer too.
Anyway, you can visit the site "http://www.islandinfo.mu" for more info about Mauritius.
So, don't worry, be happy..

Re: No worries in Mauritius
December 13, 2009 10:35AM
Hi

am kumar from Kochin , kerla , am looking jobs in Mauritius i have 5+ exp in webdevelopment php/mysql/js/ajax/apache , can u refer me , please give you email id for communication

my gtalk id : tnav077346@gmail.com

Thanks

Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, I was reading the messages and found that
> there are many Indians planning to come to
> Mauritius so I thought of writing something.
> Mauritius is mostly the same as in India. The cost
> of living, accommodation, food, etc is likely the
> same. Maybe, there are things which might be more
> expensive.
> For IT people, like software engineer, etc, there
> are many work prospect for them. I am a web
> programmer too.
> Anyway, you can visit the site
> "[www.islandinfo.mu"]; for more info about
> Mauritius.
> So, don't worry, be happy..
>
>
Hey Hi everyone, i feel a bit disappointed when i see peolple making tall claims about India , MAURITIUS. People , is it really necessary to go into debates? Both countries are great , we have a lot of things common.As an Indian I am proud and I feel happy my LOVE is MAURITIAN. She is sucha wonderful person. Whatever Mauritians say but I must say I dont feel there is even 5% difference in her attitude , culture. Hats off to Mauritian people for taking out nice things from Indian culture and amalgamating them with other cultures. And yeah largest FDI coming into India from Mauritius etc. are political aspects. There is always a give and take policy, something we give them and something we take from them.

Brothers I am pursuing my MBA(Marketing, International Business) rightnow in India and have done Bachelors in German Language from JNU, New Delhi. My love is currently in JNU pursuing MA in Hindi. We want to live together for whole of my life. After persuading her parents for long we are loosing our hope, the only condition that is acceptable to all is I should take up a job in Mauritius. I have to decline many offers in India but it doesnt affect me if all is well in end. So now I HAVE STARTED SEARCHING FOR A JOB SUITING MY PROFILE. Kindly extend your suggestions in this regard.Where do I need to look up for a job.

IF U HAVE EVER FALLEN IN LOVE U WILL REALIZE THE URGENCY IN MY CASE. ALL LOVERS COME OUT PLZ. THANX
Re: need job in mauritius
December 14, 2010 11:51PM
Hi all,

My name is Roshan, I'm from England.
I am a qualified architectural technician working on large commercial office interiors.
I would love to work in Mauritius in the oconstruction industry.
Please can someone give me some advice in pursuing this.

Thanks in advance
I am a newbie here and just wanna say Hi to everyone. I am Daniel from Pennsylvania, US.

January 04, 2011 04:05AM
Hello Vikas,

I am also an IT professional, and looking for opportunities in Mauritius. I would like to know the job scene there for IT professionals. also what is the average salaries offered to IT professionals. and does Indian national require Work permit and how to go about if one wants to apply to companies in Mauritius

Thanks
Hemant
Re: Hi
January 09, 2011 02:03PM
hi all, i am from India and really want to settle down in MRU with my family. can any one help me to know about school procedures for my 7 yr. old child and also i wanted to know hows the market there for ladies salwaar suits as i am a designer and wish to open up a store for it.
Re: Sadie_History
January 31, 2011 10:55PM
Anonymous User Wrote:
> In a way what Sadie has mentioned above is
> somewhat true and i agree. However MY ONLY POINT
> IN MAKING COMMENTS IN MY HISTORY SECTION IS
>
> MOST OF MAURITIANS ARE INDIANS BUT STILL THEY MAKE
> IT A POINT TO TALK SHIT ABOUT THEIR OWN MOTHER
> LAND INDIA WHICH IS QUITE SAD.
>
> Whatever the case may be, this section is meant
> for providing information to people coming to
> Mauritius from India for work purposes so that
> they may get a clear picture which may not be the
> same that they see in Hindi Films.
>
> LET ME ANNOUNCE HERE THAT SCENARIO HAS NOW
> CHANGED. THIS IS 2006. INDIA IS AS GOOD PAY MASTER
> AS MAURITIUS IF NOT BETTER. INDIAN ECONOMY IS
> BOOSTING INSPITE OF MANY DISASTERS / CALAMITIES /
> TERROR ATACKS HAPPENING. ONE MUST NOT THINK THAT
> IN MAURITIUS HE WILL EARN MORE THAN WHAT HE CAN IN
> INDIA BECAUSE THAT IS A MISCONCEPTION NOW. THE
> ONLY PRIME THING IS
> WORK SATISFACTION WHEREVER ONE WORKS.
> THERE ARE LOTS OF MAURITIAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE
> ALREADY GONE TO INDIA FOR WORK INSPITE OF THE FACT
> THAT THEY WERE ON VERY GOOD POSITIONS IN
> MAURITIUS. THE ONLY REASON IS MAY BE THEY HAVE ALL
> RIGHTS TO DO SO SINCE THAT ALSO IS THEIR OWN LAND.
>
> BUT IT IS THE MENTALITY OF AN AVERAGE INDIAN
> (ofcourse many of mauritians are included in this)
> TO GO OUT OF HIS COUNTRY AND WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE.
> THIS IS THE REASON YOU WILL FIND MANY INDIANS
> EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD. THERE IS NO SINGLE PLACE
> ON WORLD WHERE YOU DO NOT FIND A PERSON OF INDIAN
> RACE BE IT WAR FIELD OF TALIBAN.
>
> I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN SEVERAL COUNTRIES BUT IT IS
> A FACT THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WHICH CAN NOT BE
> DESCRIBED BUT WILL SURELY ATTRACT AN INDIAN TO
> STAY IN MAURITIUS...........................
>
>

Hi

I'm a Mauritian and my ancestors are from India.

I have no bad feelings for India or Indian. But I don't agree with you , ie, our mother land is India.

MY MOTHER LAND IS MAURITIUS, the place where I was born and grown up.

I know nothing about India, i.e, its culture, standard of living and most importantly its national anthem!!! How can India be my mother land when I don't even know the national anthem!!!

India is the mother land of my (and all hindous) ancestors but for the new generation Mauritius is our motherland.
Re: All Abt Expatriates In Mauritius.
February 21, 2011 12:39PM
In response to Anonymous User
All Abt Expatriates In Mauritius.
August 29, 2004 05:37AM

Well all I got to say if you are not happy how things are in Mauritius, you know the way out of my country. I don't like the idea of having a lot of immigrants myself since my island can offer so much. I think there are better options out there such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, England etc. I actually think Mauritius should close its immigration entry as we are already enough for the island. Anyone who's interested to come visit, you are very welcome. Wanna invest, no problem with that as well. If you have any problem travelling around, well thats so sad...buy yourself a car and stop complaining. You don't feel safe going out after 6 p.m, isn't that sad now. Get yourself involved in a hobby that will keep you entertained....best thing according to me would be: go back to your own country.
February 21, 2011 12:55PM
In response to Anonymous User
All Abt Expatriates In Mauritius.
August 29, 2004 05:37AM

Well all I got to say if you are not happy how things are in Mauritius, you know the way out of my country. I don't like the idea of having a lot of immigrants myself since my island can offer so much. I think there are better options out there such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, England etc. I actually think Mauritius should close its immigration entry as we are already enough for the island. Anyone who's interested to come visit, you are very welcome. Wanna invest, no problem with that as well. If you have any problem travelling around, well thats so sad...buy yourself a car and stop complaining. You don't feel safe going out after 6 p.m, isn't that sad now. Get yourself involved in a hobby that will keep you entertained....best thing according to me would be: go back to your own country.

Anonymous User Wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am a S/W Engineer currently working in
> MRU with a reputed ISP firm. I am here since 1
> year now. I suddenly came across this FORUM and
> would like to share some of my experiences here.
>
> --> LIVING: Well living here is very expensive
> excpet that one finds a cheap accomodationand yes
> if you are the one fond of all those STAR and ZEE
> TV than forget abt it since this is not the place
> for you. In Mauritian Rs. 5000 you will hardly
> find any accomodation. At least yu need to spend
> some Mauritian Rs. 8000 - 9000 p.m. for a good
> acceptable accomodation.
>
> --> Moving Around: If yuo are thining that you
> will work in Mauritius and at the same time move
> around and visit Mauritius than again forget about
> it. The first reason is the local transport
> facilities here is extremely poor. You will find
> no BUS after 18:00. so you need a TAXI. TAXIs here
> do not have any meters and the drivers will always
> over quote the fares and the normal fare is
> Mauritian Rs. 200 for a normal distance of 8 kms.
> Moreover most of the places have some entry fees
> which will be around Mauritian Rs.500 (however
> this is acceptable). Other than this all places do
> not have BUSES going. Still Mauritian Govt.
> promotes it as a tourist island. Basically it
> lacks basic facilities needed by a tourist (except
> that the tourist is rich and ready to spend).
> NOTE: If you own your own car than no need to
> worry.
>
> --> Safety: Streets are deserted by 18:00. You
> will rarely find anyone walking on streets except
> the drunkards lying here and there and dancing on
> top of their voices. I do not hink it is quite
> safe for a person to walk alone during evening
> time except the person is in some famous tourist
> spot like GRAND BAIE or PORT LOUIS.
>
> --> Getting Here: The AIR FARES of AIR MAURITIUS
> are extremely high. Normally in these airfares one
> can go to EUROPE from India and get back. For a
> journey of 6 hours from Bombay these air fares are
> very high.
>
> --> Immigration Rules: These rules are almost
> stupid that these people are having. I willl tell
> you my experinece. I obtained my work permit when
> in was in India. I approached mauritian consulate
> with it. I wanted to come here with my Mom and
> wife where they will coming as dependants. I
> applied for the VISA and all. THEY ISSUED US A
> TOURIST VISA OF 1 MONTH. My Work permit was for 1
> year. it is meaning less to issue us tourist VISA
> since we were not tourists. If yuo have got a
> small baby of merely 1 month these people will ask
> for a RESIDENCE PERMIT for that baby seperately
> along with its to and fro tickets as if the baby
> if not allowed to stay in mauritius will return
> alone by plane ha ha ha ha ha........
>
> --> Eating: Well there are many Indian restaurants
> available here where you can enjoy Indian cuisine.
> however they will be expensive. One meal for two
> adults will generally cost at around mauritian Rs.
> 700 - 1000. So again be prepared to spend.
>
> --> Shopping: Generally you find everything in
> India. But still Mauritius is very good for
> shopping and bargaining etc.
>
April 16, 2011 12:41PM
hi to all,

I think the guy who wrote this article is not staying in Mauritius.
I was in mauritius this february. all the taxi has meter reader. it's up to you how to communicate with them, yes the rate is higher than India. further, we should stop comparing Mauritius culture with Indian culture. even when i was in London, Indian always complain. you guys wherever you go you complain, then return to your india. I stay in India for three years, yes it's a good countries with the worst corrupted Politicians, I will never say Policemen are corrupted as i had witnessed why Policemen can't do their job. in some places, the influencial people does slap policeman either on the road or in police station. anyway, such thing there is no way you will find in Mauritius. Yes there is rape everywhere, but at least in Mauritius, there are more respect to female than India in general.

please stop writing rubbish, one should understand, there is no better place in this country than his own country. one should know that in no country we will get everything. America was a dreamland, but has it really been a dream land?
Re: need job in mauritius
September 06, 2011 07:19AM
hi, i spend ten years in the IT industry as IT coordinator; should you require info, pleas email me..got a friend who was looking for developer,contracts basis... consultants@myt.mu
heloo evryone...!!

i got some information about a business school "ISITECH BUSINESS SCHOOL ". I am Planning to do MBA in the mentioned college.

plsss help me...is that college a reputed one?

will i get a job after doing MBA there?

did any indians study there?
hi...i want to pursue MBA in ISITECH BUSINESS SCHOOL...is the certificate given by them valuable? wat about placements? will i get a job after pursuing MBA ? plss help me...
Re: Hi!
September 29, 2011 10:27AM
hiiiii....i want to do mba in mauritius and i m taking admission in portluis(private college)..i want to know hows opportunity there..can i get part time job and after course i will able to get job or not....i will do mba in international business..
Re: welcome !!
September 30, 2011 05:22AM
Hi,
I want to relocate mauritius , currently i am working in india and i have 4 years of experience in BPO as a customer care with HR and logistic, could you please anyone tell me what are the job oppurtinity for me in mauritius and how can i get a visa to realocate.Please do the needful.

Thanks,
Rani
about the place
February 19, 2012 08:27AM
Hi,

I would like to know if a person wants to work there which university degrees are preferred? For eg if someone has done Hotel Management & wants to work there
would his degree be preferd frm an Indian University or a foreign university?

Moreover any ideas what would be the pay for a fresher in a hotel as a manager or equivalent post?
Job opportunies in Maurutius
May 10, 2012 08:56AM
Hi,

im a kenyan, how are job opportunities in Mauritius, what are the law requirements. Career line is Business administration.
Re: hi k7
May 10, 2012 08:59AM
Hi, did you get any assistance finding a job in Mauritius.
Re: Costs
October 06, 2012 02:20AM
hi Vikas,thanx for good advise..Brother i am also looking for a job in mauritius.But unable to understand how ?Please brother help me out of this problem because their are many fake sources to get job.But as u are already in mauritius,so plz advise me kindly.As an Indian i am looking for ur kind support.
I am commerce PG from KANPUR UNIVERSITY & also having one year specialized diploma in export management fro imt-dlp ghaziabad.i have 1 year experience in sales & distrbution ( finance-stock broking ) as a unit manager & Branch Manager.
thanx ...
deep singh
emailid- desings31@yahoo.co.in
Re: Thanks K7!
January 29, 2013 10:29AM
Hi mrunal,
I am also searching for a job in mauritius. Can u help me ??

Regards
Jitendra
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

TOURS & SAFARIS | AFRICA MAP | GUIDE TO AFRICA | FORUMS | SHOP | ACCOMMODATION | PHOTO LIBRARY | CLASSIFIEDS
Safaris in Africa |  Tours in Africa |  Overlanding in Africa |  Adventure Holidays in Africa |  Volunteer in Africa |  Beach Holidays in Africa

copyright © 2014 africaguide.com All rights reserved