Africa Guide
recommended trip :

HVAC Engineer

HVAC Engineer
April 16, 2011 10:31AM
Hi there,

I wanted to ask how is it in Mauritius with air-conditioning. I am HVAC engineer and worked for designing, manufacturing, installation companies and now working on the commissioning side of the business in New Zealand (got MD in Engineering - HVAC from Slovakia recognized by NZ). My citizenship is Slovak though. My partner is New Zealand citizen and I do hold New Zealand permanent residency. We are thinking of moving to Mauritius and would like to get some info to start with. So has anybody any idea about the HVAC business in the area? I have tired googling it but with not much luck.

thanks a lot guys.

Mario
 Reply  Quote

Re: HVAC Engineer
April 16, 2011 03:00PM
Hi Mario,

Mauritius is currently undergoing a major development in terms of infrastructure for the ebene cybercity and malls. But these projects are typically executed by multinational companies such as BSI (Blue Star India)Blue Star India - Major projects executed

Listed some of these so that you can get an idea.
    [*] Business park of Mauritius - Mauritius
    [*] Bank of Mauritius - Mauritius
    [*] State Bank of Mauritius, Mauritius
    [*] Ebene Cybercity, Mauritius

So this leaves the individual market and small to medium sized companies. This segment is already addressed by local companies which both sell, install and offer maintenance of the air conditioning system. Perhaps, you could look for employment in these companies.

And BTW, if you have an engineering degree, you need to be registered. Private companies don't care if you are registered or not....
CRPE - The Council of Registered Professional Engineers of Mauritius
 Reply  Quote

Re: HVAC Engineer
April 19, 2011 08:02AM
thanks, I will check it out.

is there a Mauritius yellow pages or something where I could possibly find those smaller companies? Maybe my knowledge and experience could be beneficial to them.

thanks a lot again
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map