Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Tax System in Mauritius

Tax System in Mauritius
February 20, 2011 12:36PM
Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian citizen staying in Mauritius at moment for last one year on an Occupation Permit under self employed category. I would like to know the tax system in Mauritius. Since Mauritius has a double taxation treaty signed with India, is there any benefit for self employed persons earning in Mauritius??? If anyone has an idea about the tax system, then please get back to me. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Shreyas

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 03:38PM by shreyas2578.
 Reply  Quote

February 22, 2011 07:19AM
By fafnir
Self-employed individuals get the opportunity to claim back work-related expenses, etc...It's pretty much the same as in any other country.

Check gov.mu for more information.

5 star hotel mauritius
 Reply  Quote

April 16, 2011 02:11PM
Double taxation agreement with india
MRA - Double taxation agreements with india

Official site for tax department in mauritius
MRA - Mauritius Revenue Authority

Double taxation agreement with all other countries
MRA - Double taxation agreements with other countries in the world

Don't really know what benefits you get from the double taxation agreements, you will need to go through that document...smiling smiley
 Reply  Quote

August 11, 2011 04:33PM
By navin
Hello,

I think the "double taxation treaty" is for offshore companies only. if you want to know more about the mauritian tax system, i may be i can help. can you tell be briefly what you really want to do?
 Reply  Quote

February 04, 2012 08:18AM
The main taxation system in the island is the "PAYE" (Pay As You Earn) system. Income tax is indeed collected at source on salaries at an average rate of 15%. The highest taxation rate is of 30%; tax exemption apply to people earning less than 18,500 rupees per month. In practice, your employer has to provide you with an employee declaration form (EDF) so that you can calculate your tax rate. Once completed, send your form to the Income Tax Department.

best hotel in orlando
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map