Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Working in Mauritius

Working in Mauritius
February 16, 2011 03:55PM
My best greetings to all in Mauritius forum.

I am a 46 years old Turkish citizen. Right now, I live in my country (in Turkey). Last year between 21st May - 20th June I have visited Mauiritus for the first time in my life.
I am deeply imazed by the beauty of the island itself and also deeply and very positively surprised by the so lovely population.

After about 2 months that I was returned home, slowly, in me a feeling has grown up and today after another 7 months passed; I am pretty sure about going to the marvellous island Mauritius again, but this time, I have the intention to stay for the REST OF MY LIFE there!!!

Since, I am not a very rich person, I would like to obtain a job in the island before I go there.

My kind request were:

1) I would like to know first that if a Turkish citizen can obtain a job there?

If so:

2) If I would have a job there already, what about the permit for residance?

I have a lot of experience in my career in Turkey regarding tourism section that I have been working in tourism for about 14 years altogether in total.

I have been a tourguide in my home town in Istanbul for 2 years.

I have been a salesman for hand made rugs for almost 12 years in diff. regions of my country.

I can speak and write these languages: German (very good), English (good), Greek (medium), Italian (medium) and Turkish as being perfect of coursesmiling smiley.

Because of a certain hobby of mine I have also a huge experience in the aspect of self-employed trading: I am a philatelist (stamps collector) since 36 years. And, since 15 years, I profit from my hobby too. I deal with postal historical items. Such as stamps used on covers, postmarks on single stamps or/and on overs/postals and old postcards used with stamps and postmarks on them.

Because of the reason that I am making my stamps' deals via internet, it would be very easy for me to continue making these deals in Mauritius too while I would be staying there.

I would be pleased if someone would give useful advices for my wish to be able to stay in Mauiritus one day for the rest of my life.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELPS

AND MY WARMEST WISHES TO ALL

enis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 03:28PM by makrikoylu.
 Reply  Quote

Re: Working in Mauritius
February 21, 2011 02:26PM
By Divya
Hi Enis,

I am so happy that you have liked your visit to Mauritius. In terms of jobs prospect, a lot of people use this web site: [www.jobseek.com.mu] . I know that immigration laws are strict in Mauritius and unfortunately I can't speak of how fast you will get a job here. I don't know how saturated tourism field is right now. Your best bet would be to gather all the information from this web site:

[www.gov.mu]

and may be make another visit to explore your options in terms of jobs. Sadly, Mauritius isn't as big as Australia, England, France and North American countries that you could directly apply for your PR and then go to the respective country to find a job.

Sorry I can't be of more use!

Goodluck in everything.

Cheers,

Divya
 Reply  Quote

Re: Working in Mauritius
October 06, 2011 03:51AM
hello,I am an Optometrist here in the Philippines i am applying a job in Mauritius as an Optometrist I just want to ask if anyone knows the standard salary in Mauritius so that i can compare to the job offer that given to me.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map