Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Brief Stay in Mauritius

Brief Stay in Mauritius
November 17, 2010 06:37PM
By raj45
Having had enough of working, I have decided to spend 3 months every year in absolute peace. I have picked up Mauritius and will be moving there with my wife for a period of 3 months to see how it goes. I am planning to reach there by end of this year.

I am thinking of a budget of MUR 40,000 - 50,000 per month, based on feedback elsewhere in this forum. I believe Canadian citizens can visit Mauritius for 3 months without having to get a visa.

Questions:

a) Will MUR 40-50K per month suffice for a good quality relaxed vacation? My basic requirement will be to rent a one bedroom apartment and a car. I will need a DSL internet connection. I will be making my own meals etc for most part.
b) What preparations should I make (Vaccinations, travel documents etc)
c) Can I open a bank account and carry only limited cash or is it better to use ATM for cash?

Regards

Raj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2010 10:47PM by raj45.
 Reply  Quote

February 21, 2011 04:57PM
By Divya
Hello Raj,

I don't know if it would be of any help now to provide any information. If ever you are still interested in having more information, then reply to this post and I will provide any info to my best abilities.
From what I could decipher you are a Canadian citizen, and coming to visit right?
 Reply  Quote

September 06, 2011 07:29AM
hi raj

i can only answer two of them:

yes, 40-50k is sufficient monthly

better use atm(create a local bank account) and drop there a sum

cheers
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map