Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: moving to mauritius

moving to mauritius
December 04, 2009 07:48AM
By neha
hello all
i am doctor and hubby also doctor.we want current information regarding medical college ssr mdical college.he want to joint in collge for faculty and got called from them also.
please tell me momthly living expences, daily rounting thing need to carry from india.winking smiley
i have 1 year dauthger. medical facility.accomodation cost. they are proving the accomodation to us.
 Reply  Quote

December 07, 2009 11:35AM
By Balraj
Dear sir,

Medical ssr college is a best place in mauritius. Monthy you can rent a house around 5000 thousand rupees. And ofcourse i can pick up you from airport very cheap price. Just email me on my email

v_appadoo@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

December 13, 2009 06:50PM
place which is full of politics , first find out and be sure before u leave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 06:50PM by sponge_bob2.
 Reply  Quote

Moving to mauritius
December 18, 2009 12:58PM
Hi,

I am from UK (originally from India). Just been offered a supply chain position within 'Aspen pharma'.

Would US $40,000 a year can be called good salary for Mauritius?

Can me, wife and our child (3 in total) live comfortable life on this kind of money within Mauritius?

I will appreciate a help from anybody in this matter.

Kind regards,

Jiggy
 Reply  Quote

December 21, 2009 06:46AM
It is a good salary I suppose.
 Reply  Quote

January 27, 2010 10:16AM
By pbrough
Hi,

I'm an American and my wife is Indian from South Africa. We live in Mauritius full-time. Mauritius is a great place to live and work. Regarding expenses. Housing is the biggest expense. I can help you find good housing. Monthly rent depends on where you live. You can pay as little as 6000 Rupees or I have a friend who rents a beach house for 175000 rupees per month. I have a lovely 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home four minute walk from the beach for 15,000 rupees per month. Mauritius does have politics but its better than any other country I have lived in, including the USA. Please, if you need more assistance send me an email.

thanks
 Reply  Quote

August 14, 2010 03:21AM
By katzz
@divyang $40,000 is a very good salary in Mauritius. Its a very well paid job. I suggest you should also negotiate for an apartment and transport facilities. smiling smiley

Good Luck

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

February 21, 2011 08:00PM
By Divya
Hello Pbrough,

I am glad you appreciate what Mauritius has to offer. Mauritians have worked hard for what we are today and sadly now people take freedom in being judgemental, instead of grateful. For future readers, Mauritius is a country for Mauritians!!! If you want to indulge in business with us, we are more than happy to do business with you. If, however, any one of you isn't happy with something in my country, then you know too well how to leave. Just remember, in some countries people don't have health benefits, can't afford going to the hospital or have family physicians. As far as I know, people (including foreigners) enjoy this priviledge. In some countries retired citizens have become a burden as there is not enough young people to work for the economic turn over, and in those places senior citizens aren't treated well at all. Mauritius is a country where people care for their senior citizens; this is how we are brought up. In a nutshell, sponge_bob2, if you think it's hard being in Mauritius...try else where as starters. Mauritius is already too small to accomodate all the foreigners who want to come esp. to complain after.

Cheers
 Reply  Quote

March 21, 2011 03:33AM
We have lived in Mauritius since 1993 and love it. The island is much more than a pretty beach and a resort hotel. ...
=====
Peter
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map