Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Re: Regarding work permit in mauritius

hi,
i am mohan,indian national, presently working in mauritius for last one and half year in one non governmental organization. i have work permit and resident permit for next one year with the name of that organization. i don't have any written contract with that organization. Now, they are not providing all my wages according to verbal contract.i decided to leave this organization. Now, i got a offer from another mauritian company and at present i am in mauritius. my question is whether i can get again work permit and residence permit with the name of new company without leaving mauritius?
please help me to sort out this diellema.
 Reply  Quote

Please Help Me
August 24, 2009 10:09AM
Anonymous User
Hi

I am also looking job in Mauritius.

Can you tell me how you got the job in Mauritius ????????? I am also Indian Please help me How can i get the job offer in Mauritius. Bcoz My husband also working in Mauritius and i wolul like to stay with him Kindly help me what is the way to join there please help me.

Rgrds,
Lakshmi N
 Reply  Quote

Re: Please Help Me
October 10, 2011 11:24AM
By sunny
not a single company from mauritius give response for job offer
 Reply  Quote

September 16, 2009 08:26AM
Hi,

To be the holder of a work permit, there must be a contract with your employer, so I believe you should insist to get it.

On the alternative, you can get a new work permit by asking your former employer to rescind your actual permit and to give you a letter stating that he doesn't have any objection you take another job...

Obviously, the bank guarantee will have to be paid again.

TO LAKSHMI :-

Since your husband already has a work permit, you can apply for a residence permit to stay here without problem.

After, you may look for some employment and convert your residence permit into a work permit. Your kids too can apply for residence permit and leave in Mauritius.

Kurt77@orange.mu
 Reply  Quote

September 18, 2009 12:50PM
By nadeem
Procedures for work permit, we should note, do not have specific time duration. Some applications may take two weeks to conclude while others may last for months. It depends also on the type of expertise / skills you have. If it doesn't fall into a 'scarcity area' it might be very difficult.

Mohun... you should get the no-objection from your ex-employer. If you have a work permit, then they surely have filed a copy of your contract with the Ministry of Labour. You can go and check it over there. In any case, they need to pay your wages if you have a work permit mentionning employment with that company. You can seek help from Labour Inspectorate Department. I can give your their contact details, and you can contact a Labour Inspector. Many of these cases end with amicable settlement. So I hope the best for you !

As for the bank guarantee issue, it's normally the employer who pays it. So it should not be a problem for you. In any case also, once the permit is cancelled, the bank guarantee is returned back.

You'll get help by visiting the 10th floor, Sterling House, Port Louis.

Nadeem
Gibson & Hills Ltd
15 years at the service of expatriates, stronger everyday![/[/color]size]
 Reply  Quote

August 14, 2010 04:58AM
By katzz
hi lakshmi, well what kind of job are you looking for. It'll be easy for you if only you got good qualifications and good working experience. Can you provide me with more details?

Mauritius Wedding Packages
 Reply  Quote

September 02, 2011 10:25AM
By ikesaps
Dear Katzz,

I am a Ghanaian male Nurse with 20 years experience and want to come and work in Mauritius. Do you have the idea of how I get get a job? I do not mind working in a Hospital or an NGO.

Regards.
 Reply  Quote

plz guide me how can i get job in mauritius i have MBA degree and good sales and markeeting experience
 Reply  Quote

January 19, 2012 03:28AM
Hi, I'm vignesh from tamilnadu, India. I have got work permit from a company in mauritius and i need to check whether the work permit is genuine or not. How can i check. Pls help me.
 Reply  Quote

September 08, 2012 08:53PM
Dear
i got work permit to mauritus as a second grade worker from a Private limited company. now
How can i will check its right or not? plz give me link to check work permit.
thx
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map