Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Lilongwe - looking for car for two months (Aug-Sep 07)

Dear, I will arrive in Lilongwe on 5 Aug and have ordered a vehicle that will only arrive in early October. I will need a vehicle for my family (wife + 3 children) and I for those two months. Do you have any pointers for a commercial outlet or private person renting out a vehicle at a reasonable price?

Or would you rather recommend simply buying a cheap car second hand, and sell it again, considering that the cheapest car (toyota corolla) I found on one commercial site (argusrentals.com) comes at 2725 Euros per month, and I read somewhere here on AfricaGuide that you can buy the selfsame car for 3-5000 US from newpaper adds in Lilongwe.

Thanks very much for any useful pointers

Cheers

Christophe
 Reply  Quote

Car Hire in Malawi
July 21, 2007 10:29AM
Anonymous User
Dear Christophe

There are a number of Car hire companies in Lilongwe and many of them will be able to arrange good rates for you on a long hire - I imagine you would pay somethingh Like US $ 50 per day for a saloon vehicle - a 4X4 somehwere in the region of $ 90 per day for long hire.

There are numerous second hand vehicles available to purchase at any given time but obviously you need to see what is available and make your own decision.

I hope this helps - Regards
Mark.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map