Africa Guide
recommended trip :

a few weeks in paradise

General info on everything
April 03, 2001 12:24PM
Anonymous User
Hi there. I'm coming to Malawi in May and want to know a few things:
1. Is it practical and cheap to get public transport from Malawi all the way to Jo'Burg.

2. If you had only a few weeks in Malawi, where are the best and cheapest places to visit.

Any info welcome.
 Reply  Quote

a few weeks in paradise
April 15, 2001 09:35PM
By kristin
It is definitely possible to get from Jo'burg to Malawi by public transport. There is some sort of express bus that takes about one and a half to two days or so including border crossings. Many Malawians who work in South Africa use this service frequently.It is also possible to take different busses the entire way stopping off wherever you want to. I don't think it's possible to jump off in Mozambique, though and it's important to have your visa in order for the Tete corridor crossing to save hassle and time. This is definitely the prefered route to Zambia as the roads there are something to behold! Most people who go to Malawi plan to stay a few weeks and end up staying months. Mulanje, the islands, the northern lakeshore, Nyika, Livingstonia, etc. are all famtastic. But I would stick to the northern part of the country if your time is limited. The people are friendlier and the landscape lusher. But the entire country is very nice. Of course I'll have to give Mwaya a plug, too. www.africaguide.com/mwaya A great place to stay on the way to Nkhata Bay. All the best in your planning and have a wonderful trip.
Pitani Bwino.
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map