Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Travel Insurance for Return to UK

Travel Insurance for Return to UK
May 28, 2006 02:30PM
By PT
A close friend (UK citizen) is returning to UK from Malawi soon - flying via SA. I want to help her arrange simple travel insurance to cover the journey - flights/delay/medical/baggage etc. - usual things.

Can anyone help with suggestions of who to contact in Malawi (Blantyre) who can arrange this? (I'm UK-based but insurance companies here can't organisae this cover.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes

PT
 Reply  Quote

travel insurance for return to UK
May 28, 2006 03:22PM
By gaynor1
Some ideas for you - firstly, I assume your friend has checked with the airline company who may have a separate insurance arm. Secondly I use insurance provided by my bank account. The main international banks are hard to find in Malawi but if friend still has a UK bank account, or needs to open one anyway, s/he may find this has travel insurance or could be upgraded to do so.
Next, contact the travel companies in Malawi - Land and Lakes or similar, just check Lonely Planet on line. Or contact Geo Group, the UK Tourism agency for Malawi who will give you contacts. If you are not into computers maybe phone Geo Group?
I am going back to Malawi in July, and can't wait to be warm again even in the winter time there!
 Reply  Quote

travel insurance for return to UK
May 28, 2006 09:18PM
By PT
Gaynor1,

Many thanks for those suggestions - will certainly follow them up. Really appreciate your time and thoughts!

Best wishes!
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map