Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Car rebntal in Malawi

Car rental in Malawi
October 23, 2000 11:52AM
By Herman
Can somebody help me

I am thinking of hiring a car in Malawi

Is it safe to travel alone? how much does a hire car cost per week/month? what are the petrol prices?
do I need a 4x4 in the dry season? what are the roads like? are campers available
 Reply  Quote

Car rebntal in Malawi
October 23, 2000 11:56AM
Anonymous User
Hi Herman

Petrol currently costs 47 Malawi Kwacha per litre which is 0.9996 US Dollar or 0.6880 British Pound.

Car rental is quite expensive but you would need to contact a Car Hire firm to establish the cost. Try contacting

S S Rent-a-Car- Lilongwe Office PO Box 997, Lilongwe Tel: (+265) 741634 Fax: (+265) 741574

or

SS Rent-A-Car - Blantyre Office PO Box 2282, Blantyre Tel: (+265) 621597 or 622836 Fax: (+265) 625074

or any of the others listed on my visitor information page at the following URL:

http://www.africaguide.com/country/malawi/info.htm#hire

As a suggestion always check the small print on your car insurance to make sure you are aware of what you are covered for.

A 4x4 is not necessary in the DRY season, but some of the roads are quite pot-holed and corrugated.

It is safe to travel alone - but it is not adviseable to freecamp anywhere in Malawi or to travel after dark. There are many drunks on the roads and sometimes other drivers tend to drive with their lights off.

Hope this information helps a little. I'm afraid I don't know much about campers....

Regards
Vera
 Reply  Quote

car hire
December 05, 2000 04:24PM
By mick
operating car hire/sale links between kenya and s. africa. email 4 info
 Reply  Quote

car for sale
December 10, 2000 01:01PM
By Scott
I am interested in buying a car and it seems like you could help me out. if you have any cars for sale, could you please email me the info as soon as possible. thanks for your help, scott leach
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map