Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Music Crossroads

Music Crossroads
May 24, 2004 10:32PM
Anonymous User
Hi!

I, and 6 of my friends, won a trip to the festival "Music Crossroads" which will be held i Malawi January/February 2005. We won the trip in a compitition for young musicians here in Sweden, and we are VERY happy for the opportuni to travel to Africa and Malawi.

The thing is: we don´t know anything about the country, and we plan to extend our visit to more than just the 4 days of the festival, to go see wildlife and so on.

Any websites I should visit? Anyone interested in a little MSN chat about Malawi, just to let me ask some questions??

with peace and love
Frans
 Reply  Quote

so much to see and do
May 25, 2004 04:49AM
Anonymous User
First off let me say if you like water, then Malawi is the place to be. Crystal clear water for diving, snorkeling, and seeing some of the most beautiful fish in the world. You should read up on the lonely planet guide to Malawi. It's a little out dated but the hot spots are still the same I'm sure. If you've never been to Africa and never seen wildlife then Malawi's a good start but you'll find more abundant wildlife in other countries. Malawi poached so many animals. I used to work in National Parks there and I only saw a leopard once in 2 years. Lions don't exist there anymore and Giraffes never did. Since it sounds like you're not staying long I'd suggest checking out luangwa in Zambia. With that said keep in mind that there are some great game parks in Malawi. If you're in the North, go to Nyika National Park and ride horseback with Zebras and Large Antelope (many species). If you're in the South / Central check out Liwonde for hippos and crocs and elephants or my personal favorite, Lake Malawi National Park in Cape Maclear / Monkey Bay. Ultimately I think if you can decide on what interests you (birds, antelopes, big game, fish) then I and others can suggest places for you to visit.
 Reply  Quote

Malawi
May 25, 2004 08:52AM
By Mod
What a great win...

Malawi is a fantastic country, small and diverse with very friendly people.

There is a fairly comprehensive section with information specifically about Malawi

have a browse through this URL

http://www.africaguide.com/country/malawi/
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map