Africa Guide
recommended trip :

Lodge or Camp site

Lodge or Camp site
February 25, 2010 03:56PM
Has any body got any advice on starting out on a business venture in Malarwi in either camp site or beach lodge
 Reply  Quote

Re: Lodge or Camp site
August 30, 2010 12:34PM
Hi Ian

The easiest way to get a residence permit is by investing in an existing lodge as there are now restrictions of foreign ownership. Have a look at www.lodgeforsaleinmalawiafrica.com.

Cheers,
Lone
 Reply  Quote

January 21, 2011 02:00PM
Hi.

I've just come back from Malawi having done some research about this and having looked at a couple of lodges that are for sale near Nkhtata Bay (I can supply you the details if you're interested). After visiting these and seeing the prices that others had sold for we ended up buying a hectare of land (lakeshore) which we are going to develop. Although I haven't done the full costings for this, preliminary estimates suggest it's going to be a lot cheaper than buying a place although obviously a lot more work.

Although it isn't possible for a non-Malawian to purchase the freehold it is easy enough to purchase the leasehold (as long as you can find and verify the landowner)

If you need any more info then let me know

Cheers
 Reply  Quote

February 21, 2011 12:00AM
hi there
i have two lodges for sale in salima, malawi on the beachfront.
one seven bedroomed all ensuite on a small plot and a six bedroomed all ensuite on a big plot.
contact me on my email address
istiaqaboobaker@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map