Africa Guide
recommended trip :

world human rights and relief organisation

orphanage
October 12, 2009 10:30PM
hi everybody,
My friend and I have a nonprofit organization to raise money so we can build an orphanage/family shelter in malawi in the future. Now we are still in the begining stages of this, and we are still doing research on how exactly we should going about doing this. We were wondering if anyone had any advice on the steps we need to take in order to buy land there and to start and orphanage? or if you just have any other advice for us?
thank you so much!
allforGod spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
 Reply  Quote

Re: orphanage
October 31, 2009 10:06AM
Hi- we are based here in Malawi and support many different development projects. We have found it is better to support small community based organisations rather than starting new projects yourself. There are so many underfunded projects here that have been set up by community members that in need of help- many are orphan projects. let me know if you would like any more information. Best wishes from Malawi. Kate. Responsible Safari Company. Malawi
 Reply  Quote

Re: orphanage
November 25, 2009 04:22PM
We previously had volunteers placed in Malawi from 1997 until 2008 and were part of the Scottish Malawi Partnership. Unfortunately, due to a shortage in volunteer numbers we have been unable to maintain our programme in Malawi over the last 18 months. Due to a rise in interest this year we are in the fortunate position to be able to expand our programme for volunteers departing in September 2010. This has led to us needing to look into potential new projects and I was asked to contact you with regard to volunteering opportunities in Malawi.

We send carefully selected and we like to think highly motivated volunteers in their Gap Year overseas for a period of one year. This is popular with host organisations as it gives continuity and the volunteers are there for a long enough time to benefit themselves and the host. As an organisation we have been working with young people for 41 years and currently place volunteers in over 25 countries. Volunteers are typically placed in pairs or sometimes as a trio in a variety of teaching and social services roles.

I hope that we can again begin to look at sending volunteers to work in Malawi but as I’m sure your aware this often depends on making initial contact with deserving services and organisations and this first step is often the hardest to make. I spotted your post and wondered if you knew any other organisations, orphanages or schools in the area that would be interested please do not hesitate to let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Jimi Slattery

Project Trust Recruitment
 Reply  Quote

world human rights and relief organisation
December 30, 2009 04:57PM
By whro
dear sir,good day we need cooperate with your NGO by establishing smalle health center involve doctor general office,labouritary,pharmacy,admition room,complementary medicine room ,we want help african people by this cooperate with you
-the adminitsration to us
-we help your NGO by money
-we need cooperate from u
whro_ingo@yahoo.com
 Reply  Quote

Only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Not Registered? Click here to register now.

Mobile Friendly https://www.africaguide.com
Privacy Policy • Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved.
site map